Recent Topics

Ads

Should I stack my tank with weaponskill talismans or not?

Let's talk about... everything else
Stortz

Should I stack my tank with weaponskill talismans or not?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:41 am

DanielWinner said:
Weapon skills no longer contribute to Parry and it was like this for a loooong time now.
But Natherul said:
Paperdoll shows total
Getstats shows only TRUE stats and not derivative ones.
While getstats is always more accurate it does NOT add the values from WS to parry that the system does in the background (which paperdoll also does).
So SHOULD or SHOULDN'T I stack weaponskill talismans on my tank if I'm a parry maniac? I don't care if wounds/ armor/ toughness is better, I like seeing the 'Parry' 'Block' 'Disrupt' 'Dodge' pop up

I know guard has the parry hardcap
I just want to know if my weapon skill is de facto increasing my parry chance on normal attacks.

Ads
footpatrol2

Re: Should I stack my tank with weaponskill talismans or not?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:05 am

yes

Nekkma

Post#3 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:18 am

It seems like a waste to me. As I understood those posts, guard is set to basically STR 0 which means you will pretty much always reach cap, i.e. 25 % parry from WS. Against attacks from other players your WS is matched against opponents STR meaning you would need to stack alot to get a worthwile effect (the example in the post was 7,5 % parry if you match your opponents STR).
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

shaggyboomboom

Post#4 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:55 am

No

SmackdownNinja

Post#5 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am

Stortz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:41 am DanielWinner said:
Weapon skills no longer contribute to Parry and it was like this for a loooong time now.
But Natherul said:
Paperdoll shows total
Getstats shows only TRUE stats and not derivative ones.
While getstats is always more accurate it does NOT add the values from WS to parry that the system does in the background (which paperdoll also does).
So SHOULD or SHOULDN'T I stack weaponskill talismans on my tank if I'm a parry maniac? I don't care if wounds/ armor/ toughness is better, I like seeing the 'Parry' 'Block' 'Disrupt' 'Dodge' pop up

I know guard has the parry hardcap
I just want to know if my weapon skill is de facto increasing my parry chance on normal attacks.
Its not worth it to stack WS as a tank, due to how much you actually have to stack to see a worthwhile investment. I would just go Armor or wounds to deal with morale drops.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

DanielWinner

Post#6 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:06 am

DanielWinner wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:22 pm
TLDR version: you always have 25% parry against Guard. And this is the cap: you can’t get more. For Player VS Player encounter:
Your ws / Enemy's str * 7.5 = Parry (cap is 25%) is the r40 formula.
So if your opponent has 1000 strength, your 1000 weapon skill only provides 7.5% parry.
It’s not worth stacking. There are much better defensive stats.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

zgolec

Post#7 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:10 am

Armor [120+] or Wounds [22+] are waaaaay better to stack on tanks. With reflexes from rr and skills / tactics that booosts parry you can easily get 60+ '% parry and thats is enough. Id rather have extra 1000hp or armor then few % parry on this level.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

rmpl

Post#8 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:32 am

not worth it

Ads
Stortz

Post#9 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:50 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:06 am
DanielWinner wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:22 pm
TLDR version: you always have 25% parry against Guard. And this is the cap: you can’t get more. For Player VS Player encounter:
Your ws / Enemy's str * 7.5 = Parry (cap is 25%) is the r40 formula.
So if your opponent has 1000 strength, your 1000 weapon skill only provides 7.5% parry.
It’s not worth stacking. There are much better defensive stats.
alright, got it. It does matter, but it passes a str check vs the opponent.

zgolec wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:10 am Armor [120+] or Wounds [22+] are waaaaay better to stack on tanks. With reflexes from rr and skills / tactics that booosts parry you can easily get 60+ '% parry and thats is enough. Id rather have extra 1000hp or armor then few % parry on this level.
wounds seem like the answer
armor seems like a giant waste for people who have reached the cap
most the damage tanks receive is from frontline bombing, and mdps all have armor ignore moves they can pull on you. Either way, if they're attacking you and not your healers you're doing something right.
Armor talismans are IMO absolutely useless at the cap.

Tankbeardz

Post#10 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:54 pm

Stortz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:50 pm Armor talismans are IMO absolutely useless at the cap.
This is not completely true because of armor debuffs....But sets like ruin / red eye probably cover most of what you need.