shaggyboomboom

Re: test guard

Post#13 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:32 am

what are you trying to prove so hard?

Telen
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:41 am

shaggyboomboom wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:32 am what are you trying to prove so hard?
Hes showing how high a parry rating you can reach and because of diminishing returns on multiplicative percentages that block becomes far less of a factor in guard avoidance.

Smellybelly

Post#15 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:47 am

Telen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:41 am
shaggyboomboom wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:32 am what are you trying to prove so hard?
Hes showing how high a parry rating you can reach and because of diminishing returns on multiplicative percentages that block becomes far less of a factor in guard avoidance.
Except the first roll does not take away from the second roll at all. Two completely seperate rolls for the same initial purpose does not negate the defences you have accumulated, it just makes you tougher and toughner. Thats the keyword here, they are seperate but for the same purpose. Having high parry does not lessen the value of high block.

Telen
Suspended

Post#16 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:07 pm

Smellybelly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:47 am Except the first roll does not take away from the second roll at all. Two completely seperate rolls for the same initial purpose does not negate the defences you have accumulated, it just makes you tougher and toughner. Thats the keyword here, they are seperate but for the same purpose. Having high parry does not lessen the value of high block.
It doesn't matter if it was separate. All the rolls do is support the math. I cant believe people would even need these rolls to prove out a high school math exercise. I could work out the formula and chart it on a graph but this is the internet so it wouldn't matter people will still refute it.

Smellybelly

Post#17 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:07 pm
Smellybelly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:47 am Except the first roll does not take away from the second roll at all. Two completely seperate rolls for the same initial purpose does not negate the defences you have accumulated, it just makes you tougher and toughner. Thats the keyword here, they are seperate but for the same purpose. Having high parry does not lessen the value of high block.
It doesn't matter if it was separate. All the rolls do is support the math. I cant believe people would even need these rolls to prove out a high school math exercise. I could work out the formula and chart it on a graph but this is the internet so it wouldn't matter people will still refute it.
And you are cherrypicking because a separate roll does so much more for the tank then only block guard dmg. Making it additive would be monstrously stupid

Nekkma

Post#18 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:14 pm

What would making it additive for guarddamage even achieve? Defensive tanks are already tanky enough and do not need additional avoidance in situations where a 2h tank are useful.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#19 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Nekkma wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:14 pm What would making it additive for guarddamage even achieve? Defensive tanks are already tanky enough and do not need additional avoidance in situations where a 2h tank are useful.
I think it would mean less mitigation, and even less reason to use a shield.

Nekkma

Post#20 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:19 pm

No, additive means more avoidance.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron