Recent Topics

Ads

guard +crossguarding

Let's talk about... everything else
roadkillrobin

Re: guard +crossguarding

Post#11 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:47 am

I think this entire block vs parry discussion being extremly misslead by all parts.

The question that should be asked is if the perks of equiping a sheild over a great weapon is actually a perk at all. Or is the case that you lose extremly little by using a great weapon over a sheild and that parry is able to mitigrate moast of the loss anyway and therefor grants more then you lose.

In my opinion, the dissadvantage of not having a sheild is so miniscule since the loss of good morale pumps, and dirty tricks that it's pretty much only gonna alter the outcome in very very large engagements.

Ads
Luth

Post#12 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:54 am

hogun wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:06 am It doesn't matter Luth and Bloodi must be very young and pretty damn upset with me for reasons they don't want to reveal...

I'm over 30, but thanks m8.
About "pretty damn upset with me for reasons they don't want to reveal"; i think you want to suggest that i was killed by you ingame or something similar.
It was all the time about your argumentation and your inability to see what is wrong with it. You probably got the feeling that it was about you, because you think that an argument is about expressing your personal oppinion and forcing it on others to have a personal gain from it.
An Argument is a logical construct standing for itself; it doesn't matter who expressed it.

To sum it up: questioning the age and suggesting that the "enemies" of your opinions died to you in pvp (at least that's how i interpret it). Master level ad hominem skills as expected.

hogun wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:06 am let's continue without considering it
Surprising.

You still use fancy pie chart tools fed by you with combat logs without realizing where the problem in your argumentation lies.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31055&start=60#p352100
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31055&p=352155#p352162
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=31096&start=30#p352413

Your frenglish is very hard to decipher, but i guess this thread is about single class abilities buffing damage avoidance chances which gives an advantage in avoiding guard damage, while guard is an archetype ability.

hogun

Post#13 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:05 am

blechkautz wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:44 am First the 2h IB used full Anni as it seems and got the HP regen from the Chest. THats 60HP/4s = 15HP/s.
As your second test lasted about 90s you can see that he healed for 90*15 = 1350 Points. You took overall around 900 dmg and the Bar of the 2h wasn't even full. So he probally got more Dmg but healed most of it. Either remove the HP/s for the 2h or get it yourself (with full Genesis instead of 4pc + naked Bl cloak for no reason).
Second Why don't you give the parry rate of the 2h IB? And the amount of strength the Choppa had. According to the Armory he's only lvl 23 in shitty gear, which means he's nowhere near the strength cap (around 800 i'd guess with Brute force, 600 without). That makes WS way more effective as a bonus to Parry. Speaking about WS the 2h Ib used his WS buff on CD so he got like 100-120 more WS than yo for using his stuff + the points form r (72) he might have doubled your WS if he had the 3p Beastlord bonus. Please offer the full infos, like Choppa's strength, your WS, parry, block, the 2h WS and his parryrate, so it's actually transparent. Also either both use Watch'n learn or none.
So time for a new test with real conditions I'd say, since this one is completele ruined by the hp regen.

hogun wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:40 am

Annihilation attention gives a regen life, and not ruin, I think that feels this regen life the two lives would be the same while s&b has 15% reduction in damage almost permanent.

so test can be better
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

hogun

Post#14 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:09 am

blechkautz wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:44 am

For your graphic: It shows once again, that you completely ignore Parry which is really bad for avoiding guard dmg. Also it seems like your not using your parry buff all the time or your chance of parrying guard should be way higher then 4%. So use your buff, get some rr points in parry and you'll avoid way more than 40% of your guard dmg.
question of build guys in this exemple we dont speak about my build but about amount of damage :)
DAMMAZ KRON !

Mercenary

Post#15 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:13 am

Natherul wrote: ↑Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:22 pm
ok, no attacking each other, especially in a patch note thread where discussions should be about the patch and nothing else.
It doesn't matter Luth and Bloodi must be very young and pretty damn upset with me for reasons they don't want to reveal...

let's continue without considering it, take this as an additional test, which is quite surprising.

I have to understand better to draw conclusions from it but which are not obvious I think... I remind you that the BF s&b has a tactik 15% less damage.

https://youtu.be/1BV6j6Wcn88
i think nobody really cares. So take your shield an be happy :lol:

hogun

Post#16 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:16 am

Luth wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:54 am
in fact no one forces anyone to read:) if what I propose does not interest you, why do you rage why continue to read :)

ps : waou 30 ans you never play DAOC ... so sad
DAMMAZ KRON !

blechkautz

Post#17 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:24 am

hogun wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:05 am
blechkautz wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:44 am First the 2h IB used full Anni as it seems and got the HP regen from the Chest. THats 60HP/4s = 15HP/s.
As your second test lasted about 90s you can see that he healed for 90*15 = 1350 Points. You took overall around 900 dmg and the Bar of the 2h wasn't even full. So he probally got more Dmg but healed most of it. Either remove the HP/s for the 2h or get it yourself (with full Genesis instead of 4pc + naked Bl cloak for no reason).
Second Why don't you give the parry rate of the 2h IB? And the amount of strength the Choppa had. According to the Armory he's only lvl 23 in shitty gear, which means he's nowhere near the strength cap (around 800 i'd guess with Brute force, 600 without). That makes WS way more effective as a bonus to Parry. Speaking about WS the 2h Ib used his WS buff on CD so he got like 100-120 more WS than yo for using his stuff + the points form r (72) he might have doubled your WS if he had the 3p Beastlord bonus. Please offer the full infos, like Choppa's strength, your WS, parry, block, the 2h WS and his parryrate, so it's actually transparent. Also either both use Watch'n learn or none.
So time for a new test with real conditions I'd say, since this one is completele ruined by the hp regen.

Annihilation attention gives a regen life, and not ruin, I think that feels this regen life the two lives would be the same while s&b has 15% reduction in damage almost permanent.

so test can be better
Can you please write your argument in an understandable language? Or i can only guess what you are trying to say. For now it sound like, that the life reg is equal to the -15% dmg from the seen it all before tactic, when it comes to avoiding dmg? That's not true, since both tanks getting hit by very low dmg, the hp reg is way surperior, but if you get bigger hits/more dmg per second the 15%dmg reduction takes over.

hogun

Post#18 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:37 am

blechkautz wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:24 am
hogun wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:05 am

so test can be better
Can you please write your argument in an understandable language? Or i can only guess what you are trying to say. For now it sound like, that the life reg is equal to the -15% dmg from the seen it all before tactic, when it comes to avoiding dmg? That's not true, since both tanks getting hit by very low dmg, the hp reg is way surperior, but if you get bigger hits/more dmg per second the 15%dmg reduction takes over.
I try, and it's true that's why I say the result should be different and that it should have the same amount of life

the two lives would be the same
so test can be better
probably it doesn't say it like that

ps :for the stat of the 2H, I will have them when they are sent to me dsl, but I think it's pretty much identical to the 2H of my first test.

pss :for the fact that the choppa is low lvl and well... it's the mm attack for both, so?
Last edited by hogun on Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAMMAZ KRON !

Ads
Luth

Post#19 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 am

hogun wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:16 am
hogun wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:54 am
in fact no one forces anyone to read:) if what I propose does not interest you, why do you rage why continue to read :)

ps : waou 30 ans you never play DAOC ... so sad

In this forum everyone can respond to what others have written; i suggest to create a blog or something similar if you want to spill out new ideas without getting contested by logic and facts.

Furthermore i didn't rage.

Your DAOC post and misquoting me just further attests that besides ad hominem nothing of value can be expected from your posts.

hogun

Post#20 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:42 am

Spoiler:
Luth wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 am
Thank you for your intervention which is making progress on the subject. :D :D

try again :twisted:
User received a 4th warning and got a one week ban for 1.1 and 4.8 forum rules violation. Trolling other users, quoting them and replacing their text with his own.
DAMMAZ KRON !