Recent Topics

Ads

Why Destro can pull?

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: Why Destro can pull?

Post#91 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:32 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:48 am Still peddling the 'balance obsessed with 6v6' myth, eh. Bore off, mate!
You've talked about pretty much nothing else for 4 years. Its something a tiny number of the playerbase are interested in. Those that were, left years before the end of WAR. Wrath of Heroes seemed like a better fit for them.
War will never be balanced for 6v6 unless it moves, as it has been, closer to true mirrors. The game was balanced over factions not over certain metas.

Ads
Penril

Post#92 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:32 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:48 am Still peddling the 'balance obsessed with 6v6' myth, eh. Bore off, mate!
You've talked about pretty much nothing else for 4 years. Its something a tiny number of the playerbase are interested in. Those that were, left years before the end of WAR. Wrath of Heroes seemed like a better fit for them.
War will never be balanced for 6v6 unless it moves, as it has been, closer to true mirrors. The game was balanced over factions not over certain metas.
It doesn't matter what Peter likes/wants, cause he didn't make the decisions regarding balance. At least, that's how it was when i was balance mod and i have no reason to believe things have changed. Back then it was Torque, and now i think it could be Wargrim (after all he said "he" planned on changing WL soon). Afaik, Torque/Wargrim/Yali/Nath/Hargrim/Secrets were never into 6v6. If anything, i'd think their intention has always been WB vs WB balance.

Unfortunately, from what i've noticed it seems that most changes have been made from a solo/pug perspective. Intentional or not, that's for another discussion.

Elendal

Post#93 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:57 pm

It's not the pulls, the WL or SH pounce that hurt the game. It's the 6 mans play style that are bad for WAR. They fear dying and will swim oceans to escape. They don't engage in any fight that they might lose. They camp warcamps killing lowbies (now you know why they only die in a zone 1-2 times, it's never a fair fight), most of which are new players to the game. New players can't even do scenarios because even the pug scs are full of guild groups. Then they ask why the population is dropping so much. Look inward for the answer.

normanis

Post#94 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:05 pm

i agree with hero destro have 3 pulls and order 1 + pull pet ( who need run into zerg dont get killed 65feet than its work). now game is heavely around zerg . i repeat myself second time we are not dead server where play 10 order and maby 20 destro ( peak time of ather server). so mostly we are very populated 700+ in evenings. pull into funnel ( what become all fights) is 100% dead.
slayer cant have gtdc if he have rampage. and its mean choppa also never will get rampage. -= 100% pull in. if devs/gms remove rampage and replace it with gtdc ok . i can live with it.
engi pull animation look like he is kneeling ( if destro didnt know it)
so when destro complain about order its NORMAL, byt when order come and say something . its starts how he is bad or lern 2 play ... blablabla. i played destro mostly and there is no day when destro didnt complain about order about everything from first year of ror. ppl make bazzilion posts about omg kobs have +20 crit and have 3 enchant remover or + 40%heal (with rp oofc) . maby those tactic was maden to counter shamans. and i know 1 after 2h tank guard changes . 1 week (not 2 week) and its reverted.
first destro dont make wb in na times ( if someone make wb i sure many will join)
second choppa and slayer is buffed here on ror ( some of skills) gtdc was 65feet +30speed before it was root and 30feet
third azoreal fixed pounce so its works 100%.
maby destro whant order nerfed till baby status so they can put dosens of video how destro premades kill order pugs and nerfed class.
this is mmmorpg so its mean team work. not skyrim where u can cheat or use tgc . *( its boring when u cheat no taste of game at all)
p.s i also sometimes complain.
why devs cant give fetch to player not to pet ( similar to marapull) i know u can do that
and replace rampage with gtdc
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#95 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:08 pm

btw mara pullin was distrupted so mara can use ranged knock down( offc if destro didnt knowed it.)

Penril

Post#96 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:09 pm

normanis wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:08 pm btw mara pullin was distrupted so mara can use ranged knock down( offc if destro didnt knowed it.)
Wrong. The KD procs when the mara disrupts a spell, NOT when one of his attacks gets disrupted (i think pull was the only one).

...are you trolling? If so, nvm :lol:

normanis

Post#97 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:13 pm

;-) byt my propose was better

normanis

Post#98 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:17 pm

if mara pull is based on inteligence , and target distrupt it u have knock down him. ( suggest)
byt u correct its based on my distrupt hahahah not if he distrupt. its good there are ppl who know something byt its bad they dont use knoledge to fix inbalance.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#99 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:57 pm It's not the pulls, the WL or SH pounce that hurt the game. It's the 6 mans play style that are bad for WAR. They fear dying and will swim oceans to escape. They don't engage in any fight that they might lose. They camp warcamps killing lowbies (now you know why they only die in a zone 1-2 times, it's never a fair fight), most of which are new players to the game. New players can't even do scenarios because even the pug scs are full of guild groups. Then they ask why the population is dropping so much. Look inward for the answer.
6-mans outplay bad players - I agree. PuG sc full of horrible duos outplaying bad players - I agree.

Let's prohibit competent group play completely, skip the foreplay entirely, and make RoR a true pug player's paradise.

/serious: Self-absorbed, incessantly whining + overly demanding pug players have turned the game into a shadow of what it once was; to suggest that current RoR facilitates to premades more than it does the average Joe (with 2.3 minutes to play every 2 millenia) is both comical and a flat-out lie, when one can accumulate BiS gear from RvR by simply gracing the battleground with your presence.

It's **** nauseating at this point.

@Telen: you overestimate the influence I had; just because I had a desire to balance around competent group/WB play does not mean that everyone else did.

Elendal

Post#100 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:41 pm

You forget that when players are starting out, they are going to be bad. The 6 mans prey specifically and only on these player populations. Soon as they wipe to a normal group they rage quit. The point i'm making is there is not enough people playing RoR for 6 mans to split into 3 groups of 2 just so they can get some wins in the pug sc. It ruins the game for the new comers.