Recent Topics

Ads

Is this working as intended ?.

Let's talk about... everything else
Knowthyself
Game Artist

Re: Is this working as intended ?.

Post#81 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:17 am

Knowthyself wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:36 am However, the funniest hypocrisy here is the excuse that the balance discussion can't be made over 1vs1. Please then can you explain why have you changed the classes like SH - SW and nerfed them from a proper DPS class role to an assisting dps in the first place? Was is because they were Overperforming in WB or 6vs6 play ? thanks.
Still waiting for an answer...
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

Ads
Manatikik

Post#82 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:21 am

Knowthyself wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:17 am
Knowthyself wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:36 am However, the funniest hypocrisy here is the excuse that the balance discussion can't be made over 1vs1. Please then can you explain why have you changed the classes like SH - SW and nerfed them from a proper DPS class role to an assisting dps in the first place? Was is because they were Overperforming in WB or 6vs6 play ? thanks.
Well yea SH and SW were over performing (to a degree depends on what you think over performing is) with UF + ES + LA/STY spam. Was fun and made you effective but maybe too strong. And they've gotten strong buffs to Melee to make them better for 6v6 and WB (for SH at least).
<Montague><Capulet>

Sulorie

Post#83 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:23 am

aa91837 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:46 am
kok wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:18 am
Diggot wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:41 am
You die to TWO WL, the major hitter only hit you for 4661.
2d "WL"- pet :lol: :lol: :lol:
I giggled a bit, when I saw, that some people see the pet as second enemy "player".
Dying is no option.

peterthepan3

Post#84 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:27 am

SW and SH changes were never done around 1v1; the classes were apparently a bit OTT in WB (with the buggy ES/LA stuff), which is what prompted the change. M2 was removed from all PRDPS, too.

Wdova

Post#85 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:00 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:27 am

SW and SH changes were never done around 1v1; the classes were apparently a bit OTT in WB (with the buggy ES/LA stuff), which is what prompted the change. M2 was removed from all PRDPS, too.
Just reminder.

Removing M2 hitt order more than destro, because on destro M2 100%dmg morale had Squig herder, while on order it had SW and Engi ;)
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Reesh

Post#86 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:48 am

Lets admire topic creator for a brief minute.
Lets try and analyse, from where his perspective on game and balance came from...

Click here to watch on YouTube

DokB

Post#87 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:56 am

Reesh wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:48 am Lets admire topic creator for a brief minute.
Lets try and analyse, from where his perspective on game and balance came from...

This is the pinnacle of high skill play, I'm not surprised you cannot comprehend its depth.
Ladies and gentlemen this is the audience RoR caters towards.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Aurandilaz

Post#88 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:03 pm

This is my +60 or so Choppa from weeks ago, when I made mistake of going alone in a RvR lake, vs a WL pouncing me. Wasn't afk, saw movement coming, didn't get chance to pot, 3k armor +9k wounds spec.

Now, most Choppas play offensive, which works when guarded + healed - same goes for Slayers. You are weak on defences, but your dmg output is strong. If high mobile fast strong burst class like WL gets jump on you, it's basically a freenown pinata exploding. I've played my share of rr73 WL, vast majority of 1v1 encounters or even 1v2 and the rare 1v3 encounter keep feeding your cat. Obviously game isn't balance around 1v1 (though some classes really have specs "balanced" around that... *cough WL rework cough* *cough back to 3 ST specs cough*).
I'm not the worst choppa, had 116-1 score yesterday in Ostland but that was with guild warband, with enough Guard + healing.

Lesson is, don't play Choppa alone. Don't go roaming on Choppa unless going for maximum defensive toughness Riposte stuff or negative chance to be crit. WL is the best mdps for roaming smallscale, and if you like that, go play one. (got bored of my own WL a few weeks ago because Order was blobbing too much)

Ads
Diggot
Suspended

Post#89 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Reesh wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:48 am Lets admire topic creator for a brief minute.

Ok let me explain that.

In SC's.. destro's tanks almost NEVER push into the order frontlines..all they do is carry a 2hander and play dps
because the devs gave them entirely too much dmg. And my mindset is "someone's gotta push".
I go for the healers, because unless you have a melee-paintrain, there no point hitting anything
that's guarded and healed by 1-3 freecasting healers in orders backlines.

You can login to your destro-toon yourself and see the amount of players getting really
tired of destro-tanks never pushing, never guarding... Every SC, destro's tanks are the
last ones out of the spawn when the SC starts, when they should be the first ones out.

And in rvr... ye i die alot because.. there's no point running from a zerg when you're dismounted,
so i rather go down swinging than running like a coward trying to escape the inevitable.

And to all you people saying "choppas does alot of damage".. choppa's damage is laughable compared to
WL's. PvP is all about burst, burst kills healers, burst kills before guardswap.
Also, this thread isn't about Choppas, it's about WL's killing at will with obnoxiously high burst damage
using a mechanic that doens't in anyway penalize the class. There are other classes that
doesn't even have half the killingpotential, but with a class-mechanic so punishing they're not allowed to use it..

And whoever claims they can kill a WL's pet in 3 rotaions is full of it. I have full Conq/3p BL and Subj-2hander,
and i am no way near killing a Lionpet in 3 swings... keep dreaming.
If lionpets has as much hp and armor as a Magus daemons... maybe.

Do i need to mention all the buffs a WL has.. for no penalty at all ?, like the 150ft no-requirement KD.

OldSparky

Post#90 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:07 pm

"In SC's.. destro's tanks almost NEVER push into the order frontlines..all they do is carry a 2hander and play dps
because the devs gave them entirely too much dmg."

I stop reading now... This is too much... Lack of game knowledge shows too much right here...

Just because someone goes 2h doesn't mean they are "hurr durr dps"... Look at some 2h tanks in armory, they go defensive - does that mean they're still DPS? I've been joking around with friends and other people that "Big Weapon = Big Damage", which isn't the case. The only exception from that is SM and BO as they are hardest hitting tanks when going 2h and they STILL deal less damage than dedicated MDPS...