Recent Topics

Ads

Is this working as intended ?.

Let's talk about... everything else
DaWolf

Re: Is this working as intended ?.

Post#11 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:14 am

With my young WE (lvl 22) I meet a WL (lvl 26 ~ 27) twice. I was without Guard and without Heal. I kill him 2 times. In the minute after the last Kill I was entitled to the very first experience of this type. A private message, an alt level 3, telling me that I was a ***** with a ***** class for ***** .... blah!
It's weird to be powned a first time, then a second, I understand! : p

Kisses my little rage-man

Edit : We cant write p u s s y ?

Ads
Nidwin

Post#12 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:22 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:07 am Again: spec your Magus defensively (Demo/Havoc), get circa-900 toughness, and have fun killing WL 1V1. Alternatively, you could just continue whining incessantly.
And I would also add that as a Magus you are a pain for White Lion players outside 1vs1 encounters. :twisted:
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Diggot
Suspended

Post#13 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:07 am Again: spec your Magus defensively (Demo/Havoc), get circa-900 toughness, and have fun killing WL 1V1. Alternatively, you could just continue whining incessantly.
So you're basing a class not being OP on the assumption that everyone has 900+ toughness and defense-spec,
personal healer and guarded :shock: .
Because if that's true, than any squishy target in SC's and RVR shouldn't leave spawn or WC until they are
guarded and got a pockethealer.

My Magi is Havoc with wounds/thoughness and -7% critchance.. and on occasion guarded, doesn't
matter if a WL wants me dead, im dead. And no, im not psycic so i can't tell if a WL is gonna pounce on
me for a knockdown, and pre-emptively detaunt.

Here's how a WL usually instakills. Pounce, KD, burst, execute ... all in 3-4 seconds, you're down to less than
50% health before the KD duration runs out, then you're executed and either dead or close to.
And even IF you punt them, they'll just pounce right back. And IF you disarm them, their pet finishes you.

Most WL's also uses NB, which automatically executes you when possible, if they set it up properly.

Btw. I still haven't heard the confirmation that White Lions damage and TTK is as it should be.

OldSparky

Post#14 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:43 am

Read again, bro. He said "spec your magus defensively", which involves Daemonology tactic called Daemonic Pact (i guess), which gives you toughness bonus when you have your daemon summoned. Havoc+Daemonology has nice tools for dealing with enemy that comes close. Just look at peterthepan3's YT vids for his magus gameplay. I'm betting my only kidney he knows what he's doing.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#15 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:51 am

its time we give the high armor debuff to classes that actually need it. squig and sw!!!11!

Nidwin

Post#16 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:09 am

Diggot wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 am doesn't matter if a WL wants me dead, im dead.
And that's why Drwho matters. If Jesus had been a Magus he would have been rezzed instantly by the Doc. :mrgreen:

Tyrvar

Post#17 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:09 am

Diggot wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 am Here's how a WL usually instakills. Pounce, KD, burst, execute ... all in 3-4 seconds, you're down to less than
50% health before the KD duration runs out, then you're executed and either dead or close to.
And even IF you punt them, they'll just pounce right back. And IF you disarm them, their pet finishes you.
Have you tried stagger?

This would let you pot and dot up. Even if you die, if they are solo and you get enough DoTs on him he's likely to be going with you.

Always a joy to watch Lions tick away to oblivion after they burst me down.

WL damage can be insane if they go full glass-cannon. But, that comes at the price of being hyper-squishy. Don't expect to survive as a solo Choppa and Magus if you're not specced/built specifically to resist their burst. If you don't want to do that, group up with people and roam together. Your survival chances against a solo WL are significantly higher that way.

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 am

Diggot wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 am
So you're basing a class not being OP on the assumption that everyone has 900+ toughness and defense-spec,
personal healer and guarded :shock: .
If you insist on arguing from a 1v1 PoV, then it is on you to spec your toon appropriately so that you are best suited for 1v1: invest heavily into Toughness, use the Epic Staff with Pilfer proc, use Toughness/Warped Flesh tactics, get Aegis/Rift/Torrent/Bolt of Change/Disarm, get the Fleshrender Toughness/HP Regen jewels = profit. Also, full Annihilator + RR42 will simply not cut it vs a BIS RR78 WL

You really need to start using Armor Pots, too. Don't be cheap.

Ads
Nidwin

Post#19 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:33 am

Tyrvar wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:09 am Have you tried stagger?
I consider rift first a better option if I see it coming. Just need to not forget that annoying human brain wiring (seeing the result of an action) and drop infestation between the big cat an my Magus while the dude with the axe is flying.

Neut and Beardz are going to kite while I will try my luck in melee.

I still prefer armor talis over that amount of toughness (900 ouch), but that's always personal choice I presume.

Sahngar

Post#20 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:45 am

If you're constantly being pounced on and dying in 3-4 seconds then stop getting so exposed.

A WL is not going to pounce into a group because they'll melt. If they do, and they somehow manage to kill you, then they're also going to die