Recent Topics

Ads

Optimum Tank Stats

Let's talk about... everything else
BadDogEDN

Optimum Tank Stats

Post#1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:21 pm

Does anyone know what I should shoot for stat wise, like specifically when it comes to endgame tanking. Like is there minimum required stats to be viable main tanking Fort/Keep lords City dungeons. I remember there be diminishing returns on live is there a magic number to stop at when it comes to tank stats? I've been doing my best to stack tank stats block/party/armor/toughness/wounds/reduced being crit. Is there a target not be crit chance that I should have and maybe stack initiative?
Edowado Banewave - Green Chosen of Dark Craig

Ads
Martok

Re: Optimum Tank Stats

Post#2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:43 pm

The target for reducing your percentage to be critically hit is zero, if at all possible. Block of course for S&B and Parry for Two Hand. Strength is a must if you want to do any real damage.

I never considered the Party build...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

wpc56
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:07 pm

Depends what you want
Pve tanks: Defensive stat like block/parry/wound/armor/crit reduction
Pvp orvr: Block/armor/crit reduction/armor/toughness if you can get to it
2H tank: strength/parry/crit reduction/armor

Chinesehero

Post#4 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:54 am

BadDogEDN wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:21 pm Does anyone know what I should shoot for stat wise, like specifically when it comes to endgame tanking. Like is there minimum required stats to be viable main tanking Fort/Keep lords City dungeons. I remember there be diminishing returns on live is there a magic number to stop at when it comes to tank stats? I've been doing my best to stack tank stats block/party/armor/toughness/wounds/reduced being crit. Is there a target not be crit chance that I should have and maybe stack initiative?
A tank usually consider the build being a guarder
For example, parry or block, stats and HP and AP restored to the guarder

BadDogEDN

Post#5 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:34 pm

I was hoping there was specific numbers, like how much armor is good, or how much toughness is too much sort of thing. Right now I've just been stacking Armor for talies
Edowado Banewave - Green Chosen of Dark Craig

Ugle

Post#6 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:16 pm

For a balanced spec aim at 4500 - 5k armor (with pot/buff), 600 tough, 600 str ish
inactive

Esperflame

Post#7 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:20 pm

I think it comes down to which tank you're playing. Each tank has their own unique style to how they can approach to being tanky. It's hard to generalize when a SnB IB can run with a slightly lower toughness but reduce all dmg dealth to him by 15% for 5 seconds simply by blocking. It may not help with the smaller hits but 15% off a 2k crit reduces dmg much more than 200 toughness ever would. So there's wiggle room to play with the math a bit. Some classes have more wiggle room than others too.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

xanderous

Post#8 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Warbands - conq is typically best set/ stack wounds talismans to have at least 9k health, to survive morale bombs, renown points should be spent in crit reduction to be 0% most tanks have to slot typically at least 2 init talismans for that and also stack block/parry/dodge/disrupt as much as possible, don't waste time thinking about armour, your gear gives you enough, resists are more important, winds impervious jewerly will help you with that, the end.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Tbh, you want as much Block, Parry and Dodge/Dissrupt as possible.
Unless it's changed those stats prevents Challange counters to fade wich means the debuff will sit longer and protect your party. Parry and Block also defend against guard damage.

zgolec

Post#10 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Pure deftard here.

I got 800/900 toughness [depend on setup n pots], 260ish init, 4,5k armor, 10,5k hp.
Max out from r: defender, deft defender, refleses. If you need to lower crit chance add some futile strikes and/or initiative.

For pve first and foremost you need 0 chance to be crited [otherwise some bosses can insta :| you], avoidances and armor [toughness doesnt matter almost at all on pve, unslpt rugged tactic and get something else instead if you can afford wnd set for pve slot it with armor].
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.