Recent Topics

Ads

jail = fail

Let's talk about... everything else
DanielWinner

Re: jail = fail

Post#11 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:37 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:30 am make a lot of mirrors of forts, like on off server, and a lot of problems will go away by itself, such as filled by players, disconnects, etc.
Live server didn’t have mirrors for forts. Forts were a lag fest back there. You could even crash the whole server by jumping off the wall with your whole WB.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#12 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:56 am

DanielWinner wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:37 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:30 am make a lot of mirrors of forts, like on off server, and a lot of problems will go away by itself, such as filled by players, disconnects, etc.
Live server didn’t have mirrors for forts. Forts were a lag fest back there. You could even crash the whole server by jumping off the wall with your whole WB.
sorry, not forts but the capital, aldorf and IC. I remember that they launched two warbangs on each side into one mirror. there were a lot of mirrors, and anyone could enter. But i certainly do not know, maybe it's just not technically possible now.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:01 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:56 am
DanielWinner wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:37 am
sorry, not forts but the capital, aldorf and IC. I remember that they launched two warbangs on each side into one mirror. there were a lot of mirrors, and anyone could enter. But i certainly do not know, maybe it's just not technically possible now.
Its a cool idea (instanced forts, I guess?). Dunno if feasible, though.

Nidwin

Post#14 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:08 pm

The problem with multiple instances being active, a lot of folks are going to look for empty ones, including after a big wipe.

On live half of destro left city instances the moment Lednail/Liandel premade showed up on the list. No idea how the situation was on order side but I had my share of PVE city instances too while I/we were always looking for a full one for a good fight.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Tesq

Post#15 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 pm

was wondering if that was possible in fact.... but it could also be avoided, when anyone that die in zone not recive a respawn server at relog put it him in prison depending on conditions

aka

you die-->relase--->go prison
you die--> you dont recive a ress---> crash-->relog--->go prison
you die--> you recive a ress--->crash before accept (real unwanted crash) --->relog--> enter normally.

aka make a condition on reciving a ress or not

Sulorie

Post#16 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:36 pm

Nidwin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:08 pm The problem with multiple instances being active, a lot of folks are going to look for empty ones, including after a big wipe.

On live half of destro left city instances the moment Lednail/Liandel premade showed up on the list. No idea how the situation was on order side but I had my share of PVE city instances too while I/we were always looking for a full one for a good fight.
It wouldn't be hard to prevent instance hopping. The problem will still exist, with e.g. 100 attacker and 50 defender, 50 attacker will have an empty instance.
If it is technical possible to have multiple instances, then I could only imagine to open a new one, when the first one is full with the same balance requirements like now with 80% defender cap. When ALL players can join without condition, then there will be empty ones.
Dying is no option.

Nidwin

Post#17 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:58 pm

An issue with forts Sulorie is timing. And with multiple spawning instances which one is going to be the reference to unlock or lock the pairing.

It's a headache to put something in place that's going to be waterproof. I still recall some order guilds parking some of their toons inside a fort (relics version). And I'm certain some destro players did the same just that it wasn't as visible to me as destro player.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Alfa1986

Post#18 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Perhaps such a scheme can be implemented without any special effort on the developers if, when locking three zones of any direction, not one but all three forts , elf, chaos and green, were opened for battle If you just count even a day with very good online people, well, a maximum of 200-300 people on each side. subtract low-level and it remains to those who are able to fight 100-150 people. this is 4-6 warbands. respectively, letting in each fort 2 wb, everyone who wants to play will be in charge. If, of course, over time, online will be higher, then it will be necessary to invent something else.
it's funny, you yourself all the time say that you need to play better and improve your skills, but you are afraid to fall into the mirror against some kind of order's premed ))) Premeid is only six people, and in the warband there are 24, if in general the efforts of 24 people are greater than that of the other side, any Premeid will not help.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#19 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:54 pm

even not so, it is better to open the battle in the forts, you need to lock one of the sides completely two directions. for example, chaos and green, or green and elves, or elves and chaos, and then all three forts will open for battle.))
the wards system would also be useful to cut off slackers and freeloaders. until the previous set was fully received, there is nothing to climb to the next one
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alfa1986

Post#20 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:10 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:36 pm
Nidwin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:08 pm The problem with multiple instances being active, a lot of folks are going to look for empty ones, including after a big wipe.

It wouldn't be hard to prevent instance hopping. The problem will still exist, with e.g. 100 attacker and 50 defender, 50 attacker will have an empty instance.
If it is technical possible to have multiple instances, then I could only imagine to open a new one, when the first one is full with the same balance requirements like now with 80% defender cap. When ALL players can join without condition, then there will be empty ones.
these are already details. the same thing often happens in a normal zone, when one of the sides does not offer any resistance. it is decided very simply that there are no defenders — no rewards, no attacking- no rewards, as in the normal zone.