Recent Topics

Ads

WP vs. DoK DPS

Let's talk about... everything else
fungame211

WP vs. DoK DPS

Post#1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:08 pm

What is making WP so much tankier? Everytime I see a DPS DOK on destro, they do instantly. But some WP DPS builds are actually tanky.

Can anybody explain what is going on? People that played both WP and DoK

Ads
Diggot
Suspended

Re: WP vs. DoK DPS

Post#2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:17 pm

fungame211 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:08 pm What is making WP so much tankier? Everytime I see a DPS DOK on destro, they do instantly. But some WP DPS builds are actually tanky.

Can anybody explain what is going on? People that played both WP and DoK
It's common knowledge that order "mirrors" are better than destro.. hasn't changed since 2008.
WP's are much stronger healers, and much better as dps due to their tankyness.

fungame211

Post#3 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:20 pm

^Hmm... what skills and tactics allow this to happen though?

Dammy095

Post#4 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:24 pm

hmm, lemme think, wounds buff, racial absorb tactic, +10% disrupt tactic,+25% parry from IB, + 15% incoming heals from Kotbs etc.
not sure about tactics tho, there plenty of must have ones

dd dok is still better, more dps and more useful as debuffer

Dammy095

Post#5 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:29 pm

also keep in mind who they have against them, fighting wl,sw,slayer is not the same as fighting against mara,choppa and sh

fungame211

Post#6 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:30 pm

^Shield or duals? It looks like duals and 2h WP/DoK die fast though.

But I've seen WP shield actually tank and still do okay damage, I'm wondering if there are DD DoK builds who can do the same.

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:42 pm

Diggot wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:17 pm
...and much better as dps due to their tankyness.
What utter bullshit: DPS DOK is a much better DPS than the DPS WP.

Stop talking complete and utter bollocks. Explore the game outside of your suicidal solo Choppa adventures.

OT: Sigmar's Grace (Wounds Buff) and Sigmar's Shield (essentially another Rend Soul) make the DPS WP slightly tankier than the DPS DOK. The difference, however, is rather negligible (Devour Essence can keep you up, too), and doesn't negate from DPS DOK being much more potent than the DPS WP - even if DPS WP isn't so bad anymore.

Please stop spreading misinformation that stems from unenlightened thinking.

Marawo

Post#8 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Dok have a tactic that detaunts enemies 30 ft around them when they use their st detaunt.
Wp have a tactic that gives them a ranged aoe detaunt 30ft radius around their target.
The latter equalizes the biggest disadvantage, being an easy kiteable target, more thanthe dok version and has more utility 9/10 cases.

regarding melee defenses
Dok has 20% passive parry from Dualwield and tactic and 10% active strikethrough debuff from one of his abilities
WP has 10% passive parry strikethrough for 2h(they work different onWP) and 10% passive parry from tactic and 10% active parry from ability

while it is true that wp can get a 10% disrupt buff there are other tactics that have a better impact on your performance.

Dok has better offensive tools (healdebuff tactic for example or ap sapping abilities)

The reason you see wp surviving longer is the classes around him, ranged KD acess on order helps alot with having a target to heal off of.

In conclusion what i think you percieved is a ton of bad unsupported melee dok making the 1 or 2 good melee wp you perceived stand out and seem really strong.

Heal Dok/WP, heal wp just heals better because of their heal pump tactic on defense, woundsbuff is also really strong, but then again heal build isn't the topic here

Ads
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#9 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:12 pm

Peter summarised pretty much all.
You probably faced Halcite or some one else who plays to strength of his class and with probably appropriate group set up, while most DPS DOKs I see run in duo if not solo.

P.S. Khaine > Sigmar

BadDogEDN

Post#10 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:35 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:42 pm
Diggot wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:17 pm
...and much better as dps due to their tankyness.
What utter bullshit: DPS DOK is a much better DPS than the DPS WP.

Stop talking complete and utter bollocks. Explore the game outside of your suicidal solo Choppa adventures.

OT: Sigmar's Grace (Wounds Buff) and Sigmar's Shield (essentially another Rend Soul) make the DPS WP slightly tankier than the DPS DOK. The difference, however, is rather negligible (Devour Essence can keep you up, too), and doesn't negate from DPS DOK being much more potent than the DPS WP - even if DPS WP isn't so bad anymore.

Please stop spreading misinformation that stems from unenlightened thinking.
I just know when ever I see that avatar on this forum ( I assume its a guild icon) that I'm going see someone yell at who ever is posting telling them they are wrong, followed by an insult. You guys are really making a name for yourself. I think it would be better for everyone if you weren't so hyper critical, and well generally less mean overall.
Edowado Banewave - Green Chosen of Dark Craig