Recent Topics

Ads

WP vs. DoK DPS

Let's talk about... everything else
Sahngar

Re: WP vs. DoK DPS

Post#41 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:32 am

This entire discussion is entirely moot.

It's like arguing which Div 2 side is better, it doesn't matter because both will get their arse handed to them by a Div 1 side.

By Design, the DoK and WP are going to be slightly tankier than any DPS class due to medium armour and the ability to do minor heals (in their dps spec), and while you can argue which has higher burst, neither has the the capacity to come close to any of the specialized DPS classes, and nor should they.

Ads
fungame211

Post#42 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:14 am

Can anybody tell me why people say shield is bad for DoK? Shouldn't transfer essence be actually better in a team setting?

normanis

Post#43 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:08 am

out of topik because there was heavy buff for dok and wp byt still nice numbers to wp (in that video i mean)
what i heard on live dok dps was better because of passive +10parry and best heal debuffs (all kind). byt myself never was played dps wp , very minor dps dok because ppl in sc started complain and tanks didnt give guard . without guard u can loose much potential.
i think clown wp almost all time focused dok because of his aoe heal debuff. ( only my point of view)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kkJB1gIgfw&t=167s
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

peterthepan3

Post#44 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:14 am

normanis wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:08 am out of topik because there was heavy buff for dok and wp byt still nice numbers to wp (in that video i mean)
what i heard on live dok dps was better because of passive +10parry and best heal debuffs (all kind). byt myself never was played dps wp , very minor dps dok because ppl in sc started complain and tanks didnt give guard . without guard u can loose much potential.
i think clown wp almost all time focused dok because of his aoe heal debuff. ( only my point of view)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kkJB1gIgfw&t=167s
Worth noting that the WP in the video you linked was playing during the .ab ex period, which gave WP a (iirc) 35-40% damage boost all round.

normanis

Post#45 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:21 am

yes i told it was when wp and dok was boosted ( its was out of topik)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

satanicomoderno

Post#46 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:34 pm

If you think WP are stronger than doks dps, go play as WP and you will see the truth.

Don't blame a class for you being bad at it. Doks are superior on dps than WPs, no doubt. And doks can heal as much as good any WP. I have both and the only difference I see is the dps build.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#47 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:04 pm

Back to the parry argument...

When a dok goes shield he loses the duel wield parry bonus. WP can still use his parry ability with shield making them more effective at the spec

Additionally i cannot see the proc of the WP, but the WP 2h default stats for the new sent/crypt weapons is more dps oriented...IF one of the 2h procs is the 9 percent increase crit with 12 percent dmg increase then they will become overpowered.

Why are the dok sent weapons so pointless. low proc rate, less proc dmg than sub, and the stats are cringe worthy.

peterthepan3

Post#48 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:04 pm IF one of the 2h procs is the 9 percent increase crit with 12 percent dmg increase then they will become overpowered.

You would have to be pretty silly to use that weapon over a nice 3.8/4.2, given that it has such a fast weapon speed which will ultimately result in much, much weaker AAs (bulk of your ST damage). As a 2h WP, you want your AAs to hit as hard as possible: you want the slowest weapon that you can find, paired with AA increasing tactics/gear so that you can capitalise on the bigger AA hits. Boost weapon may have some situational use for mob farming (probably not), but that's about it.

The original epic weapon variant of this boost weapon was never used by serious DPS WPs for a reason.

Also, DoKs have access to several weapons that provide a Jolt/damage proc effect, which makes for veeeery nice periods of burst when they happen to coincide with a Covenant proc during Devour Essence.

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#49 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Um if you are a good dps WP you will run that 2h. by far the best weapon for them

peterthepan3

Post#50 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:22 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:21 pm Um if you are a good dps WP you will run that 2h. by far the best weapon for them
If you say so, boss!