Recent Topics

Ads

WP vs. DoK DPS

Let's talk about... everything else
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Re: WP vs. DoK DPS

Post#21 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:37 pm

Peter forgot to mention WP have more strike through landing them more hits= more heals

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:40 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:37 pm Peter forgot to mention WP have more strike through landing them more hits= more heals
2H Sledges have +10% parry strikethrough.
DoK has Warding Strike (core, Sacrifice) that reduces enemy's chance to parry by 10%.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#23 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:41 pm

Peter forgot to mention the ability can be parried, where the passive is always active

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:51 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:41 pm Peter forgot to mention the ability can be parried, where the passive is always active
1) You should invest in higher strength then, and stop hitting shield tanks head-on! :lol: Also, 5-second CD on Warding Strike means it really isn't that hard to get it up and rolling when you need it.
2) 'ACE (I like it btw) forgot to mention that WP's +10% parry ability (Sigmar's Vision) can be shattered, whereas the DOK +10% dual wield parry advantage is always active; much of a muchness, I suppose.

Despite this innate parry strikethrough 'advantage' , the DPS DoK still trumps the DPS WP for damage - whereas for Melee healing, the WP pulls ahead.

Brutinho

Post#25 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:21 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:51 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:41 pm Peter forgot to mention the ability can be parried, where the passive is always active
1) You should invest in higher strength then, and stop hitting shield tanks head-on! :lol: Also, 5-second CD on Warding Strike means it really isn't that hard to get it up and rolling when you need it.
I can attest to this. Using full sets to max crit might not be the best way for a offspec dps.

To OP I believe dps dok has better sustain dps and wp has a bit of a better burst
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#26 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 am

2) 'ACE (I like it btw) forgot to mention that WP's +10% parry ability (Sigmar's Vision) can be shattered, whereas the DOK +10% dual wield parry advantage is always active; much of a muchness, I suppose.

Despite this innate parry strikethrough 'advantage' , the DPS DoK still trumps the DPS WP for damage - whereas for Melee healing, the WP pulls ahead.
I think Peter forgot to mention slayers shatter limbs increases cooldown by 5 sec for a total of 10 sec cooldown on warding

Additionally 5 sec could be the difference between life and death. You should know this! I seen your 6 man go down in that amount of time last weekend.

peterthepan3

Post#27 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:36 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 am

I think Peter forgot to mention slayers shatter limbs increases cooldown by 5 sec for a total of 10 sec cooldown on warding

Additionally 5 sec could be the difference between life and death. You should know this! I seen your 6 man go down in that amount of time last weekend.
Oh baby - you really wanna do this!

1) ACE Ventura, Flag Detective, seems to have forgotten that Destro have access to TWO CD Reducers via BO and Choppa, and that the 5 DOK comps he is accustomed to running can easily cleanse Shatter Limbs, as it is an Ailment.

2) It was a friend's 6man: he wanted to put a team together - last minute - so that we could participate anyway, and have some fun in doing so (which we did). I would've thought this was apparent in that our MA was a Melee SH, but hey-ho! Yes, we did get our **** packed in within 5-seconds, yet so did the best premade in the game's history, which leads me to wonder how 'other premades' would have done; just a shame that only two destro groups had the cojones to show up.

Nonetheless, it is ironic to see ACE Ventura, Flag Detective, giving armchair criticism on an event that he has never - nor ever will (unless there is some sort of flag to capture) - partake in.

OT: Try DPS WP if you have a WL and 2H SM buddy with you. The class is pretty okay if you have a group that works around you.

Manatikik

Post#28 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:36 am

1) ACE Ventura, Flag Detective, seems to have forgotten that Destro have access to TWO CD Reducers via BO and Choppa, and that the 5 DOK comps he is accustomed to running can easily cleanse Shatter Limbs, as it is an Ailment.

2) It was a friend's 6man: he wanted to put a team together - last minute - so that we could participate anyway, and have some fun in doing so (which we did). I would've thought this was apparent in that our MA was a Melee SH, but hey-ho! Yes, we did get our **** packed in within 5-seconds, yet so did the best premade in the game's history, which leads me to wonder how 'other premades' would have done; just a shame that only two destro groups had the cojones to show up.

Nonetheless, it is ironic to see ACE Ventura, Flag Detective, giving armchair criticism on an event that he has never - nor ever will (unless there is some sort of flag to capture) - partake in.

OT: Try DPS WP if you have a WL and 2H SM buddy with you. The class is pretty okay if you have a group that works around you.
5/7 would watch Ace Ventura Flag Detective again.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Luth

Post#29 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:59 am

Sorry bois, i'm with Mr. 8-) here; it seems the WP is far superior to the DoK:

Click here to watch on YouTube

vanbuinen77

Post#30 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:45 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:36 am

5/7 would watch Ace Ventura Flag Detective again.
Belladonna 1, Peterthepwned 0
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman