Let's talk about... everything else
hippyia

Re: WP vs. DoK DPS

Post#11 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:42 pm

Spoiler:
BadDogEDN wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:35 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:42 pm
Diggot wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:17 pm
...and much better as dps due to their tankyness.
What utter bullshit: DPS DOK is a much better DPS than the DPS WP.

Stop talking complete and utter bollocks. Explore the game outside of your suicidal solo Choppa adventures.

OT: Sigmar's Grace (Wounds Buff) and Sigmar's Shield (essentially another Rend Soul) make the DPS WP slightly tankier than the DPS DOK. The difference, however, is rather negligible (Devour Essence can keep you up, too), and doesn't negate from DPS DOK being much more potent than the DPS WP - even if DPS WP isn't so bad anymore.

Please stop spreading misinformation that stems from unenlightened thinking.
I just know when ever I see that avatar on this forum ( I assume its a guild icon) that I'm going see someone yell at who ever is posting telling them they are wrong, followed by an insult. You guys are really making a name for yourself. I think it would be better for everyone if you weren't so hyper critical, and well generally less mean overall.
To be fair, despite his strong wording what Peter said wasn't wrong in regards to Diggots post, OP asked what specifically is making WP supposedly tankier, although the first response he was provided simply stated order is better than destro and wp has better heals and dps than dok without any information/statistics to back it up \o/

Ads
ajnin420
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:45 pm

fungame211 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:08 pm What is making WP so much tankier? Everytime I see a DPS DOK on destro, they do instantly. But some WP DPS builds are actually tanky.

Can anybody explain what is going on? People that played both WP and DoK
It's common knowledge that order "mirrors" are better than destro.. hasn't changed since 2008.
WP's are much stronger healers, and much better as dps due to their tankyness.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA im sorry but HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

-Halcite

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:13 pm

BadDogEDN wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:35 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:42 pm
...and much better as dps due to their tankyness.
What utter bullshit: DPS DOK is a much better DPS than the DPS WP.

Stop talking complete and utter bollocks. Explore the game outside of your suicidal solo Choppa adventures.

OT: Sigmar's Grace (Wounds Buff) and Sigmar's Shield (essentially another Rend Soul) make the DPS WP slightly tankier than the DPS DOK. The difference, however, is rather negligible (Devour Essence can keep you up, too), and doesn't negate from DPS DOK being much more potent than the DPS WP - even if DPS WP isn't so bad anymore.

Please stop spreading misinformation that stems from unenlightened thinking.
I just know when ever I see that avatar on this forum ( I assume its a guild icon) that I'm going see someone yell at who ever is posting telling them they are wrong, followed by an insult. You guys are really making a name for yourself. I think it would be better for everyone if you weren't so hyper critical, and well generally less mean overall.
I forgot that 2019 is a most hypersensitive era, but frankly, I couldn't care less about how people choose to feel feel when viewing my comments. What people think of me or my guild really isn't that important to me either; what is important is calling out misinformation where I see it, debunking unsubstantiated claims, calling a L2P issue a L2P issue when it is categorically a L2P issue, etc.

With all due respect to the man, this Diggot dude has a tendency to make comments on that which he is not familiar with, so it's only fair he gets called out for it from time to time.

PS. I notice you didn't disagree with any of the things I stated, so I guess you just wanted to dramatise my comment for the sake of it without actually offering anything to the contrary/to debunk what I said.

PPS. The avatar is my own, and happens to be the image I used on my twitch channel (which, by the way, contains a lot of shittalking and abusive language, so probably best to stay away from it if you are easily offended).
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anarchypark

Post#14 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:23 pm

DoK little bit more offensive with debuffs.
WP little bit more defensive with buffs.

WP have better synergy to go snb tank build.
DoK is more like debuffer, can't say having advantage to go dps.
IMO, difference is not that big

both need melee line aka meat shields to hide.
currently order have more.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

peterthepan3

Post#15 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:37 pm

anarchypark wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:23 pm
DoK is more like debuffer, can't say having advantage to go dps.
IMO, difference is not that big
You underestimate the potency of dual wield, 2 x damage covenants, Devour Essence (which can proc procs), a Heal Debuff off the GCD (that can proc on multiple people simultaneously), potentially being able to wield 2 proc swords; WP has marginally higher burst, better survivability, and better group buffs (Wounds & Parry). I feel much more devastating on my RR60 DPS DOK (Dominator/Merc/BL) than I do on my RR7X DPS WP (Oppressor/Dom/BL).

Difference isn't that big, but its enough to cement DPS DOK as a clear winner.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#16 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:42 pm

Mystry
Suspended

Post#17 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:50 pm

It's common knowledge that order "mirrors" are better than destro.. hasn't changed since 2008.
WP's are much stronger healers, and much better as dps due to their tankyness.
You got that completely backwards, mate.
Ever since live, Destro has had stronger counterparts than Order, the only exception being BW vs Sorc.
And better team comp.
And more players.
And better leveling paths.
And better/closer farming spots.
And scenario terrain favors them.

Oh and WP is not a good DPS either. DoK vastly outstrips them because they can dual wield. That fact alone makes DoK viable and WP not.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#18 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:09 pm

Peter forgot to mention the Parry ability as well

Ads
Reesh

Post#19 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:23 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:09 pm Peter forgot to mention the Parry ability as well
You are correct, let's fix it.
Dps doks got a natural "passive" version of this ability, by just dual wielding. lel.

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Reesh wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:23 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:09 pm Peter forgot to mention the Parry ability as well
You are correct, let's fix it.
Dps doks got a natural "passive" version of this ability, by just dual wielding. lel.
^ this. WP having access to a parry buff does not permit them to achieve any higher levels of parry than a DOK on their own, when DOK has innate +10.