Recent Topics

Ads

what does it take?

Let's talk about... everything else
bulgy70
Suspended

Re: what does it take?

Post#11 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Marawo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:21 pm I have seen choppas and magi try the same thing at fort posterns, in the end getting pulled into a stuck place and from positions that shouldnt be pullable is not a new thing, it is something you can play around and migitate if you are aware of it. I definetly wouldmake this video available for the for the respective bugtracker ticket to give more information on the issue so it can be fixed easier.
This is nothing new, it's been going on from the 1st days of the forts coming out, so the dev team know all about it,

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#12 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:41 pm

bulgy70 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:32 pm
Marawo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:21 pm I have seen choppas and magi try the same thing at fort posterns, in the end getting pulled into a stuck place and from positions that shouldnt be pullable is not a new thing, it is something you can play around and migitate if you are aware of it. I definetly wouldmake this video available for the for the respective bugtracker ticket to give more information on the issue so it can be fixed easier.
This is nothing new, it's been going on from the 1st days of the forts coming out, so the dev team know all about it,
If, by your own admission, you acknowledge that Destro are doing it too, then why would you make it out to be an Order-only thing in the first place? Why would you insinuate that the team are turning a blind eye to it when it is carried out by Order players?

oaliaen

Post#13 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:23 pm

choppa cant pull trhough wall like that ... that was a clearly case of ban and guess what. nothing happened right ? anyway,if you ban someone begin whit the BW wallhacks

bulgy70
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:41 pm
If, by your own admission, you acknowledge that Destro are doing it too, then why would you make it out to be an Order-only thing in the first place? Why would you insinuate that the team are turning a blind eye to it when it is carried out by Order players?
Peter i have nothing more to say to you, you have flamed me, you have called me insane, i know that you dislike me, i dont care if you do or do not, all i did was to post a video to show what is going on. If you don't like that then there is nothing i am going to say to make you feel better.

Luth

Post#15 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:43 pm

oaliaen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:23 pm choppa cant pull trhough wall like that ... that was a clearly case of ban and guess what. nothing happened right ? anyway,if you ban someone begin whit the BW wallhacks

From 12 Jun 2018:
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11874
Though there are 424 ability related bugs open atm; i guess it can take a while.

oaliaen

Post#16 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Luth wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:43 pm
oaliaen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:23 pm choppa cant pull trhough wall like that ... that was a clearly case of ban and guess what. nothing happened right ? anyway,if you ban someone begin whit the BW wallhacks

From 12 Jun 2018:
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11874
Though there are 424 ability related bugs open atm; i guess it can take a while.
its not pull through wall like wallhack in the video .. any class that have pull can do that.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#17 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:53 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 pm You have embedded in your mind this notion of RoR team members going to sleep with Sigmar dolls by their side, Bright Wizard artefacts scattered around their house, being forced to go to Church with their significant others while secretly being a member of the Cult of Sigmar, allthewhile longing for an opportunity to 'rid the world of heretics!'.
I'm the unrepentant Order shill here, not the devs. In fact I think the devs are vastly more biased in favor of Destro. Especially since we lost you know who.

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:53 pm

bulgy70 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Peter i have nothing more to say to you, you have flamed me, you have called me insane, i know that you dislike me, i dont care if you do or do not, all i did was to post a video to show what is going on. If you don't like that then there is nothing i am going to say to make you feel better.
In typical fashion, you have ignored my questions because you have realised that you have betrayed your partiality for one realm over the other when it comes to these sorts of things, and so, you have decided to evoke the 'I do not wish to talk to you any further' card. Classic.

Ads
bulgy70
Suspended

Post#19 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:01 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:53 pm
bulgy70 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 pm

In typical fashion, you have ignored my questions because you have realised that you have betrayed your partiality for one realm over the other when it comes to these sorts of things, and so, you have decided to evoke the 'I do not wish to talk to you any further' card. Classic.
Peter i don't have anything else to say to you, it does not matter what i say, you would still find something in it to attack or flame me.

I have asked you to come and join the the WB's which i run on desto, i have asked you if you like to come and join the chat on the discord channel. You told me you play desto as much as you play order.

I dont have anything else to say

Skullgrin

Post#20 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:17 pm

Setting aside the topic of whether or not using pulls as an exploit should lead to punishment for such behavior, I do have a technical question regarding pull abilities for the Dev's.

I know that there is a flag in-game that determines if your character is inside a building or not - it is used to switch your minimap from an exterior view to that of a buildings interior. Could this flag also be used to disable pull abilities if your character or your target is inside a building?

This would put an end to pulling people into walls, however it would also shake up the dynamic of keep and fortress battles quite a bit. If this is possible to implement the Dev team may want to consider experimenting with it live for a few weeks just to see exactly how it changes game dynamics and if it solves the underlying issue.

Just my two cents, I don't even know for sure if it is technically feasible...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80