Recent Topics

Ads

The removal of Cleansing Wind

Let's talk about... everything else
Synacy

Re: The removal of Cleansing Wind

Post#21 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:29 am

Nameless wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:17 am But there are so many cleanses ingame adding 1 more, global and so potent will shift the balance even more toward direct damage wich anyway is the king. Some skills are ment to be used only by certain archetypes and giving them to all is just wrong and disbalance this quite not so well balanced game
Whoever commented this, I can't see your username.

Also, good feedback, I can take that into consideration. It helps me more understanding as to why it was removed in the first place. I still like to think what the original developers thought when they made and implemented it.
Yeah, I used to be that witch elf named Fun

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#22 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:49 am

Yes, I totally logged in just to shittalk you.

Not to play with my friends.

Not to play the game.

Not to have fun (pun intended)

I logged in to shittalk you, for which I hereby apologize, thou you are the victim here and I am the ******, which you rightfully, at the time called me. Forgive me my friend, I am most sorry.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#23 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:50 am

shaggyboomboom wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:49 am Yes, I totally logged in just to shittalk you.

Not to play with my friends.

Not to play the game.

Not to have fun (pun intended)

I logged in to shittalk you, for which I hereby apologize, thou you are the victim here and I am the ******, which you rightfully, at the time called me. Forgive me my friend, I am most sorry.
Lol... such a **** **** you are shaggy

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:10 am

Synacy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:33 pm For an ability to have more than 60s on a timer opposing the DoTs that mages and Engineers can cast at under 10s doesn't make sense to me.
Cleanse is on a 5-seconds CD, actually, and gimmicky cloaks that offer you a cleanse every 60 minutes or so are precisely that - gimmicky, i.e. they should not be compared to class abilities.

If DoTs are an issue 1v1, then I would suggest playing a class that can self-cleanse - should 1v1 be the environment you are talking about. RoR is not balanced around 1v1 occasions, and DoT classes suffer enough as it is (Telen already mentioned why) in organised environments without everyone and their grandmother being afforded yet another Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free car.d

Telen
Suspended

Post#25 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:56 am

Synacy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:29 am Whoever commented this, I can't see your username.

Also, good feedback, I can take that into consideration. It helps me more understanding as to why it was removed in the first place. I still like to think what the original developers thought when they made and implemented it.
They were added in a very different game. Population had plummeted and on the remaining servers particularly in the mid tiers you only had a handful of players. Without classes to cover each other’s weaknesses they added renown. Here pop just doesn’t need it.

You also need to remember that everything in the game from the high dps levels at endgame to gheal overhealing is based around having large percentile reductions with guards and hdebuffs. Its one of the games major strengths for making roles feel important but also its biggest problem for balance. As an mdps its pretty much taken as a given that you should have a guard and heals. Thats what the game is balanced around.

Tom

Post#26 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:29 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:07 pm Dot classes need a lot time to kill opposed to burst dmg, which can't be cleansed and you want to make it possible to shift balance even more towards direct dmg classes?
Stop trying to change balance, because you died in 1vs1 pvp.
Add a healer and the dots are a joke.
Interesting when people say, dont try to argue around 1v1 pvp and in the same paragraph say dot classes need more time to kill... if you have 2 or 3 people dotting the same target you have a dead enemy. dont dot solo.

Sulorie

Post#27 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:04 am

Tom wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:29 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:07 pm Dot classes need a lot time to kill opposed to burst dmg, which can't be cleansed and you want to make it possible to shift balance even more towards direct dmg classes?
Interesting when people say, dont try to argue around 1v1 pvp and in the same paragraph say dot classes need more time to kill... if you have 2 or 3 people dotting the same target you have a dead enemy. dont dot solo.
Uhm no? Adding CW changes class balance big time and additionally it makes people survive situation where they normally would have died.
We need no must-have renown skills, which everyone specs to max to be competitive.
Dying is no option.

bichka

Post#28 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:27 pm

CW have too big cd to be something important in group vs group or in scs/wbs

CW shine mostly in 1vs1. Since this game is not balanced around soloers i don't understdant too why it disabled/removed

I think i do understand why resolute defense was removed. 1 Successful push without cc'ed can change alot in sc/siege. But CW is different story. Dotters will reapply their prcious dots in next 5-8s, so what difference?

Ads
Synacy

Post#29 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:02 pm

6,705 damage with 2 dots that killed me, that I couldn't cleanse. No other attacks were used, just two dots is all it took. This is my backing on Cleansing Wind and why at least stage 1 should be needed for 1 on 1 combat.

Refer to this reply,
bichka wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:27 pm CW have too big cd to be something important in group vs group or in scs/wbs

CW shine mostly in 1vs1. Since this game is not balanced around soloers i don't understdant too why it disabled/removed

I think i do understand why resolute defense was removed. 1 Successful push without cc'ed can change alot in sc/siege. But CW is different story. Dotters will reapply their prcious dots in next 5-8s, so what difference?
Cleansing Wind has a 5 minute cooldown, with the cost of more RR - 3 minutes. Some DoTs require no cooldown, others with a 5-10s cooldown max. Even if CW was used, in combat, they can usually be re-applied quickly. Imagine if I was actually near the Engineer turret and was snared, that's free blast from the turret and Engineer with 0 way to move around, WITH the dots.
Yeah, I used to be that witch elf named Fun

Telen
Suspended

Post#30 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Dot classes are already inferior to dd classes. They also have already had a massive 1v1 nerf by halving the damage dots do to a detaunted target which was dots main strength over dd from live. Even that benefit was taken away.
Dot classes cant just switch their burst when a target is guarded they have to build it up again. If a target can just cleanse it all off when they do manage to would make dot classes completely useless outside pug.