Recent Topics

Ads

The removal of Cleansing Wind

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: The removal of Cleansing Wind

Post#31 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:48 pm

Tom wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:29 am Interesting when people say, dont try to argue around 1v1 pvp and in the same paragraph say dot classes need more time to kill... if you have 2 or 3 people dotting the same target you have a dead enemy. dont dot solo.
In that time a guard can switch to them. 3 dd classes focusing a target wouldnt give that time. Thats why dot classes are inferior.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#32 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:00 am

Healer dps dot classes will be always inferior. And has to be .

shaggyboomboom

Post#33 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:37 am

Bringing back CW won't stop you from dying to 2 dots lol

Sulorie

Post#34 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:36 am

You died in 15 sec. Plenty time for healers to react and apparently you used no potions. Expect to die solo, when having no heals or pick better targets.
Dying is no option.

bctakhy

Post#35 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:09 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:36 am You died in 15 sec. Plenty time for healers to react and apparently you used no potions. Expect to die solo, when having no heals or pick better targets.

U forgot mention... Expect to die solo, when playing on destro side ;)

drmordread wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:32 pm I do not understand, the fascination, with staying alive after making a kill as a stealth class. If you are solo, you know you will die. Why gimp your damage output?
Also on my WH, and I assume WE, there is the rank 1 morale that heals you for 900. Add to that a double heal pot, and you are healing for more than two ten second dots.

U dont undertand cos WH have BAL that will kill any1 that manage to kill u after live the KD + parry or disrupt time... but WE dont have stuff like that, or the 900 moral heal WH also have.

U also dont have probelms trying kill a sorc cos they dont have a core self cleanse every 10 sec to clear u BAL or 1 sec cast fireballs undefetable. But not all play on the easymode realm, soo some ppl miss the toys to counter some of the enemie presents...

Nidwin

Post#36 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 am

For my part they can bring CW back if that makes some dudes and dudettes happy.

Half of my dots are now nearly obsolete anyway and once Warlord and DP comes out they will be relegated to the funny Magus gameplay skills.

CW doesn't counter shitty DoT's they actually counter the hard ones, aske WH's what they think about bringing back CW.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Kragg

Post#37 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:52 am

Synacy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:16 pm The Bitterstone Thunderers have a Engineer sniper squad that gathers 5-7+ Engineers at a time to target-assist kill players. As I've said in my original post and other replies, Cleansing Wind is a one-time-use skill until the next 3-5 minute availability, where DoTs are repeatable skills that have less than 30a to even no cooldown at all.
Thanks for the mention! The Sniper squad is build around the use of snipe tho and we often finish off with a Hollow Points dot when applied if we are a bit short on snipers. Other dots are rarely used as we rely more on focused gunblast, focus fire and finishing with hipshot, if the enemy gets too close. We use em but not as often as you might think, we have enough firepower to gun down pretty much anything :mrgreen:
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Sulorie

Post#38 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:12 am

bctakhy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:09 am
Sulorie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:36 am You died in 15 sec. Plenty time for healers to react and apparently you used no potions. Expect to die solo, when having no heals or pick better targets.

Everyone dies solo, when meeting the wrong opponent, it doesn't matter whether order or destro. To mitigate your weaknesses, group up.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#39 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:31 am

You can bring back cleansing wind for me. Cleanse isn’t the main issue for dots it’s that you can’t swap like a dd can. You would need to rollback the 50% damage reduction on detaunt though after all that was changed from live for spurious 1v1 arguments.

Nidwin

Post#40 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:53 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:12 am
bctakhy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:09 am

Everyone dies solo, when meeting the wrong opponent, it doesn't matter whether order or destro. To mitigate your weaknesses, group up.
Poor Chinesehero as he ran into the wrong Magus in Badlands. But he was the one insisting while I did ignore his presence at first.

It' probably the shield, you know, like for a famous Marauder vs a lvl32 KotBS.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]