Recent Topics

Ads

The removal of Cleansing Wind

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: The removal of Cleansing Wind

Post#11 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:39 pm

Synacy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:00 pm I mentioned something that somewhat counters what you're saying.

"
*Notably, it's not that Cleansing Wind continuously rids of DoTs, it's a cooldown ability that you use when you estimate a good time to initiate the skill to rid of the current Curses, Hexes, and Ailments from you. After using the skill, and having removed such abilities, the ability sets on a CD and the opposing enemy can still apply DoTs/whatnot.
"

The above statement is to say that DoT classes can still kill. Cleansing Wind doesn't completely rid of all DoT abilities, it cleanses all current ones on the player and that's up for both offending players to decide when to use what. Most DoTs don't have a cooldown and can be applied one after another, where Cleansing Wind is a one-time-use until the next 3-5 minutes. To also say that most fights don't last that long whether it's a race of damage or an allying team aids one of the players.
Its just the gcd problem. Dot classes already take far too long to get to a decent dps to compete in a game that is all about bursting down during small windows where guard is off or healer is silenced/ccd. Anything that adds to that just puts dot classes even further behind.

WE/WH already have the best advantage you ever could have soloing anyway. The ability to pick your fights.

Though as has already been mentioned the issue is were entering the realms of the dps creep from live where burst started to become overwhelming. Thats really when dot/hot become irrelevant and its just a spamfest.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:07 pm

Dot classes need a lot time to kill opposed to burst dmg, which can't be cleansed and you want to make it possible to shift balance even more towards direct dmg classes?
Stop trying to change balance, because you died in 1vs1 pvp.
Add a healer and the dots are a joke.
Dying is no option.

Synacy

Post#13 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:16 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:07 pm Dot classes need a lot time to kill opposed to burst dmg, which can't be cleansed and you want to make it possible to shift balance even more towards direct dmg classes?
Stop trying to change balance, because you died in 1vs1 pvp.
Add a healer and the dots are a joke.
In a 1vs1 standpoint sure, but say a zerg/Warband fight, the Cleansing Wind wouldn't much matter. The Bitterstone Thunderers have a Engineer sniper squad that gathers 5-7+ Engineers at a time to target-assist kill players. As I've said in my original post and other replies, Cleansing Wind is a one-time-use skill until the next 3-5 minute availability, where DoTs are repeatable skills that have less than 30a to even no cooldown at all. There are players intelligent enough to counter CW as-is, and mages can be quite powerful if built correctly in appliance to damage. Keep in mind that this post wasn't considered to be made after creating a fresh new character and dying a few times. I've played both Live and RoR, RoR itself for 3+ years, and as a Witch Elf I fight and observe battles or encounters as I go. I've had my Witch Elf for as long as I've played FoR.

To additionally say, a version of CW is technically available in-game but with a 30m timer until the next use... For CW to have already been in-game with a 5m timer seemed fair. Maybe the other two specs were a bit too powerful h/c it's all at the cost of RR anyway.
Yeah, I used to be that witch elf named Fun

Sulorie

Post#14 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:43 pm

Often there is only one chance to apply dots before burst dmg kills a target, so removing all dots and debuffs shifts balance in favour of burst direct damage classes.
The moment CW is added, it becomes mandatory, because it is so good.
Dying is no option.

Twyxx

Post#15 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:48 pm

Let’s not balance around 1v1

Synacy

Post#16 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:53 pm

Twyxx wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:48 pm Let’s not balance around 1v1
It's written from a 1v1 player but is not intended for a 1v1 viewpoint. Everything written is all I could say because I only play Zealot and Witch Elf. Stated in the original post, I specifically end with,

"I don't play all classes to fully understand so I would like to better understand how it would be"

I do not intend that roam or 1v1-seeking players need to be the beneficiary. I am looking to see if there can be a trade-off because it ups a down, to say that where one classification lost at, another classification gained. Where casters (not just healers) benefit the riddance of such a skill, mDPS/other suffer from the riddance of it. I found CW to be fair with it having at least a 5m timer because it doesn't trigger a constant repeating cleanse, unlike DoTs that can be triggered one after another, some not having a cooldown.
Last edited by Synacy on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adamthelc

Post#17 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:32 am

drmordread wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:19 pm
Synacy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:56 pm
drmordread wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:32 pm I do not understand, the fascination, with staying alive after making a kill as a stealth class. If you are solo, you know you will die. Why gimp your damage output?
Also on my WH, and I assume WE, there is the rank 1 morale that heals you for 900. Add to that a double heal pot, and you are healing for more than two ten second dots.
To answer both things.
a) The fascination with staying alive after a kill (as not just a stealth class but any roam rDPS) would be to avoid the 10% wound debuff (or more if not cleansed). Yes, Witch Elves can die a lot because this game has a primary source of zerg/Warband groups rather than roam players. To also avoid death is the opportunity to seek more kills within the area. Say you just finished a 1 on 1 with another player and won, but you see someone else run by and are sure you can take them on or just simply want to engage another fight. To die and run back from the Warcamp is tedious.

b) Witch Elves do not have a mirroring ability to heal for 900 for Morale 1.
I suppose it is playstyle preference. I never go back to the same area, bad juju as in 6 man grps waiting for you.
And yes... WE's have the damage version of that morale. 900 Damage over 3 seconds.
This is off topic, but when ever I think about that morale I always think it has to be the worst morale in the game. Not because of what it does, it might actually be better than some other Morales. But why would you ever use that over sever nerve? Other classes may have worse morales in terms of how effective they are, but I cant think of any others that perform the exact same function as another morale in the same tier just in a worse way.

It would be like giving a healer a morale 1 that was a channeled heal over 3 seconds that healed for 1800.

shaggyboomboom

Post#18 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:05 am

Synacy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:56 pm
drmordread wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:32 pm I do not understand, the fascination, with staying alive after making a kill as a stealth class. If you are solo, you know you will die. Why gimp your damage output?
Also on my WH, and I assume WE, there is the rank 1 morale that heals you for 900. Add to that a double heal pot, and you are healing for more than two ten second dots.
To answer both things.
a) The fascination with staying alive after a kill (as not just a stealth class but any roam rDPS) would be to avoid the 10% wound debuff (or more if not cleansed).
I thought you liked running around with that 5x battle fatigue debuff... At least it seemed so on your streams.

Ads
Synacy

Post#19 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:48 am

shaggyboomboom wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:05 am I thought you liked running around with that 5x battle fatigue debuff... At least it seemed so on your streams.
You're pointing out an event that occurred within the span of 30-45 minutes when I started getting killed within a minute of leaving the Warcamp because Order had started setting up gank groups by the nearing Battle Objective. I didn't want to constantly pay 20 silver for wound debuffs on multiple deaths. My ideology was to wait out the wound debuff because the debuff only lasts 2-3 minutes even when stacked, and the location I was trying to get to took that if not more time. To add, I streamed for 10 hours straight and was mentally fatigued around the last few hours of the stream.

Lastly, please don't add any more replies to this thread if it isn't constructive. You're the same individual who acted rude on my stream ridiculing my gameplay, commenting about the wound debuff an unnecessary amount of times and felt the need to log-in and /whisper me the same insults because I wasn't replying to your childish behavior on Twitch. You proceeded to call me a "s!@# WE" and after I blocked your main account, you signed into another to spam my Twitch stream with a random account. Thank you and goodbye.

Nameless

Post#20 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:17 am

But there are so many cleanses ingame adding 1 more, global and so potent will shift the balance even more toward direct damage wich anyway is the king. Some skills are ment to be used only by certain archetypes and giving them to all is just wrong and disbalance this quite not so well balanced game
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz