Recent Topics

Ads

Lore Question - Order of the Blazing Sun

Let's talk about... everything else
bjh05d

Lore Question - Order of the Blazing Sun

Post#1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:22 am

Can anyone harken back to the origins of our fine game and tell me why the development team chose Knights of the Blazing Sun as the fourth character type for the Empire?

The Empire pits itself against Chaos in the game as it's main rival. The Order of the Blazing Sun follow the goddess Myrmidia. They have conflicts and ties to Araby and Estalia. Their affinity versus Chaos seems dubious.

I understand not chosing the Order of the White Wolf, even though that would have been the finest choice, due to there being no Middenheim, but why not choose the Reiksguard, then? Sigmar is much more present in this game, as is Altdorf and Karl Franz. KoTBS doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Thoughts?

Ads
Sahngar

Re: Lore Question - Order of the Blazing Sun

Post#2 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:08 am

Tbh I think it was an entirely aesthetic choice, with the KotBS having a more distinct look than that of the fairly generic Rieksguard

CountTalabecland

Post#3 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:41 am

Yeah I don’t think there was much to it beyond black/yellow sun armor looks cool. I agree that they should have just made a class called “Reiksguard” or “Imperial Knight.” Especially with all the sigmar themed weapons and shields that are in game.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

zatoh

Post#4 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:27 am

My guess - the knight/chosen mirror concerns auras, and I think that Chosen auras were originally meant to be debuffs only, and Knight auras buffs. The character creation screen still implies this. Since the Blazing Sun order is devoted to the goddess of war and strategy, positive auras being "Battle Commands" probably seemed like a good fit.