Recent Topics

Ads

A solution to Forts (the terrible doorway)

Let's talk about... everything else
Synacy

A solution to Forts (the terrible doorway)

Post#1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:12 am

Hey!

So the main complaint I see with Forts (besides the terrible coordination) is the doorway, the dreaded doorway. "We lost because the doorway is too small, they get a free win" etc. I was listening to a Warhammer stream today where they were discussing the collision of players over a different topic and it came to mind that what if the collision on allied players (still being applied between an Order encountering a Destruction player) is cut? Allowing allied players to essentially move through each other's bodies. This would rid of the dreaded doorway clogging that everyone hates in Forts... You know, the good ol' 3... 2... 1... EVERYONE IN! Even if it's unwanted in the rest of the game, maybe there's a way to enable this as a Fort-specific ideal. Thoughts?
Yeah, I used to be that witch elf named Fun

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Re: A solution to Forts (the terrible doorway)

Post#2 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 am

Winning Forts is easy, even for PUGS.

If attacking, when EVERYONE pushes, the attackers win.
If only tanks and half the mdps push you lose. RDPS need to push in too. Everyone with a r2 or r3 morale that does 1200 or so dmg, needs to push. Everyone.
Personally I have found a new strategy that I like to use. Won't say what it is, because I only want order to win, and not destro. But three times I tried it, and three times we have won. In a row.

Defense is easier than attacking, but can be hard if people do not work together. First off, do not get caught out of rez range when stage 3 starts. If you do, you are in jail and useless. Second, do not go out of the door. Just sit and wait.
There is one more piece of strategy I always push for, but again, not going to say it here because I don't want destro to copy it and use it.

Forts are only hard when only half the players try. If you get even a third of the players just happy to collect their 4 medallions and go home, you will most likely lose.

As to your suggestion; I do not understand it. If your leading tanks use aoe punts, then push in, the doorway is NEVER clogged up. Your mdps and rdps with 1200 damage morales come next and just pop them one after another. No clogging.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Gracely

Post#3 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:29 am

Order attacking. "The door is too small." Destro "Chuckle"
Order defending. "The door is just fine." Destro "!?##!!!" They say something I don't understand...

Xergon

Post#4 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:33 am

drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 am Winning Forts is easy, even for PUGS.

If only tanks and half the mdps push you lose. RDPS need to push in too. Everyone with a r2 or r3 morale that does 1200 or so dmg, needs to push. Everyone.
Personally I have found a new strategy that I like to use. Won't say what it is, because I only want order to win, and not destro. But three times I tried it, and three times we have won. In a row.
Incorrect, not EVERYONE has push, healers cant heal when they move or stuck or CC'ed, so they should stay outside power heal through 1st wave push, while DPS clear 1 side and make space for healers to move in.
I saw too many retarded healers pushing with 1st wave providing nothing to team, just making it worse by blocking dps and tanks...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

shaggyboomboom

Post#5 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:54 am

Is this a map construction issue or a player incompetence issue?

🤔🤔🤔

nebelwerfer

Post#6 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:46 am

why not both

perche

Post#7 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:50 am

Another problem of the fortress is the life of the lord, it goes down too fast without possibility of returning, yesterday a player managed to open the cell after wipe the defense and when we arrived at the lord's room it was already dead.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Herthin

Post#8 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:17 am

perche wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:50 am Another problem of the fortress is the life of the lord, it goes down too fast without possibility of returning, yesterday a player managed to open the cell after wipe the defense and when we arrived at the lord's room it was already dead.
Pretty much this, its more than funny that one needs 4x the time for any keep peasant than one needs for a guradian of the last Bastion. The overlords should rethink their personell politics drastically.

Ads
Morf

Post#9 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:44 pm

This wouldn't change much, if you gave everyone full invader gear nobody would do forts because they are boring and overcomplicated, players would just roam or sc instead.

Unfortunately forts just don't work very well which is a shame because of the effort and time that went into them.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

drmordread
Suspended

Post#10 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:51 pm

Xergon wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:33 am
drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 am Winning Forts is easy, even for PUGS.

Incorrect, not EVERYONE has push, healers cant heal when they move or stuck or CC'ed, so they should stay outside power heal through 1st wave push, while DPS clear 1 side and make space for healers to move in.
I saw too many retarded healers pushing with 1st wave providing nothing to team, just making it worse by blocking dps and tanks...
By the time they hit fort people should know to play their class. Healers pushing in the 1st wave is stupid, and we really should not at this point have to be telling anyone this. At the same time they can not stay outside either. The stair area is out of heal range so ... Tanks>mdps+rdps using M2 (or3 ) followed by healers.

But in theory everyone needs to push. I find that it works best that by the time the tanks and mdps hit the backstairs and start going up, healers need to be inside the door.

EDIT: Well, this all moot now. BAck doors are open :) It is a whole new world.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)