Recent Topics

Ads

duo SC once again

Let's talk about... everything else
mikke

duo SC once again

Post#1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 am

Run it plz. :roll: No big deal for development I think. U may use Caledor woods or Eternal Citadel as basis. Current SC system is awful and most players just feel upset after visiting unbalanced PUG or very interesting balanced UNPUG SC.
It will not take many players from RVR lakes, but will give us some fun. And, yes - everyone already knows that WAR is not balanced around solo PVP.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: duo SC once again

Post#2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:28 am

You can already duo queue for the designated PUG SC...?

Why should duo/solo play in SC be facilitated to any more than it already has? How dumbed down do we want the PvP to get?

If you feel 'upset' after visiting the 'imbalanced PUG SC', then you can either: a) stop rolling DPS and make a heal or tank, and watch your win/loss ratio skyrocket (no, seriously), b) stop queuing altogether, and do something entirely different (pretty much what all of my guildies do when Forts are open: we stop doing RvR altogether, go to the Capital city, and queue), or c) try forming a strong duo/group to maximise your chances of winning.

dalen
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:33 am

I think the proposal here is to add a 2 vs 2 scenario. That is quite different from queuing up as a duo to the PUG SC.

IMHO it would be fun.
Maybe it should give a lower amount of emblems though than a full 6v6 or 12v12 SC.
Source Developer

Ugle

Post#4 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Would be great.

(DOK/BG vs WP/IB :P)
inactive

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:18 pm

If you have multiple game modes you will just have people only doing the ones that their classes are better at. Also makes it harder to balance if you dont have a set idea of what youre balancing around. 12v12 scs seemed to be the norm on live as balancing around that was a good mid point for the whole game.

mikke

Post#6 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:57 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:28 am You can already duo queue for the designated PUG SC...?

Why should duo/solo play in SC be facilitated to any more than it already has? How dumbed down do we want the PvP to get?

If you feel 'upset' after visiting the 'imbalanced PUG SC', then you can either: a) stop rolling DPS and make a heal or tank, and watch your win/loss ratio skyrocket (no, seriously), b) stop queuing altogether, and do something entirely different (pretty much what all of my guildies do when Forts are open: we stop doing RvR altogether, go to the Capital city, and queue), or c) try forming a strong duo/group to maximise your chances of winning.
I told about 2x2 sc for sure.
And no need to tell us tales about scenarios and teach us playing. Most of casual players just want to rush in and have fun.

mikke

Post#7 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:59 pm

I don`t mind to play 12x12, but i want to have an option for another mode.

Telen
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:12 pm

Thing about unbalanced pug scs. 2v2 would be far more unbalanced because many of the games mechanics dont function at that scale. How will you strip a guard from a dps healer or if you can burst down a tanky healer with a single dps? Most fights would be a draw or totally one sided.

Ads
mikke

Post#9 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:46 pm

Telen wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:12 pm Thing about unbalanced pug scs. 2v2 would be far more unbalanced because many of the games mechanics dont function at that scale. How will you strip a guard from a dps healer or if you can burst down a tanky healer with a single dps? Most fights would be a draw or totally one sided.
Why? There are no 11 more ppl who don`t know what to do and hit tanks. There are u and your mate (if u q duo). And main - everything depends on you.

Telen
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:56 pm

mikke wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:46 pm Why? There are no 11 more ppl who don`t know what to do and hit tanks. There are u and your mate (if u q duo). And main - everything depends on you.
The game is built around 3 main mechanics. Guard, heals and heal debuffs. The higher the scale the more chance you have all these on your team. 2v2 that really limits the comps that bring all 3. Dps healers excel in small scale because they fill 2 of these add a dps tank and you have all 3.