Recent Topics

Ads

which tank is better for 1vsX ?

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: which tank is better for 1vsX ?

Post#21 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:12 pm

IB is the most feasible tank for solo roaming on Order: KOBS can be built to be just as potent in 1vX encounters, but lacks the damage that the IB has to dispatch of foes quickly.

Destro tanks aren't as good for solo as their Order counterparts, but a BG, or Chosen, can get varying degrees of success.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#22 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:06 pm

rikthor89 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:04 pm thank you very much, I also did 1vs x with the chosen one also winning them but the problem at the moment and that I don't have enough sustein when I kill one while 3/4 attack me I have only the pool of life and the pool of absorption ended those I die . I think that with an ib or a black guard it is easier since they have a cure and debuf cure that makes discounts with healers easier.
if I can ask you a question you can also answer me in private if you want what kind of setting you use on the chosen from 1 vs x for example tactics combinations of sets and talents ? I'm currently testing various builds but maybe you can help me find the most balanced

I run 2h pretty much all of the time, and here is the build I normally use with 3 of the most used tactics highlighted - RoR.builders - Chosen. For my fourth tactic I usually swap out Daemonclaw, Backlash, Critical Suppression or Quickened Discord depending on the situation. You may want to run Power from the Gods if you don't have any AP gen. gear, however I have all the different Genesis cloaks which give an additional 4 AP per second so I don't really need to use that tactic.

For buff potions I use the strength and armor ones.

For auras I normally run Dreadful Fear (strength) and Discordant Instability (resists) and swap out the third aura depending on the situation. If you find yourself running low on AP then Dreadful Terror is the way to go, most of the time tho I run Dreadful Agony for the extra damage.

As far as you running out of health, well that happens to everyone. :P All I can say there is to carry all the different types of potions for healing and AP (both crafted and RvR vendor bought). You may want to try running Corrupting Retribution aura for a minor heal, however I've found the Backlash tactic helps more for overall survival. If you are at the Conqueror/Dominator armor tier, the 5 piece Conqueror bonus (on being hit: 10% chance for +100 wounds for 20 sec) is incredible, so much so that I wish later sets still had it.

Also get absorption potions for temporary immunity and slowing potions (made from watery rat spittle) for an additional way to catch kiting classes. Oh, the Subjugator cloak ability (remove one curse, hex and ailment) can help you to survive in sticky situations also - it can be used without wearing the cloak but it has 30 minute cooldown timer.

Finally for talismans, it really depends on what armor you are using. I generally recommend getting Str/Tou/Wnds to 700 each and secondary stats WS/Ini to 250 minimum. After hitting those minimum goals increase whichever of those stats you feel help you the most. I currently run 800-850 Str, 700-750 Tou, 850-900 Wnd and around 275-325 for WS and Ini - all dependent on which bonuses I want from the different armor sets I wear. Normally when combining sets for bonuses I go for whatever will give me the most wounds, You can never have too much health. :)

Hope this helps!

Edit - forgot to comment on renown - one of my more common setups is here. The most important to get first are Reflexes and Deft Defender, then Futile Strikes for reduced chance to be crit. Some people go for more than one rank in Futile Strikes but I find that unnecessary if you are using the Flawless Armor tactic. After you have those use the rest of your points to pump up any stats where you are deficient. I go for mostly strength to increase damage. You may want more toughness or wounds for more survive-ability. All up to your playstyle...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

rikthor89

Post#23 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:31 pm

thank you very much it's more or less the setup I use, of course I'm just rr 65 later I'll have more points to spend to balance the stats I'm trying to build a setup with the rings that give 40 / 4s hit points each, 5 conqueror pieces, weapon of the defensive BGs and all the stages of regeneration, I want to see if it increases my survival.

thanks again I will treasure your advice

DaWolf

Post#24 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:48 am

I noticed that you had the three high level tanks now, or near for the Black Orc. Just for my curiosity, what is your feeling at this stage, which allows you or will you be more comfortable in 1vX ?