Recent Topics

Ads

Concussive Mine version for Magus

Let's talk about... everything else
Nidwin

Re: Concussive Mine version for Magus

Post#11 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:25 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:19 pm Marauder already has access to the build time increaser, and Magus has his own goodies that the Engineer doesn't have - such as a 50% crit damage modifier for several abilities.
My Magus goodies?

Where's my critt tactic for core and daemonology tree ? Missed that patch me thinks.

Or may be my goodies are

Rend Winds -> damage split in 3 so 3x toughness mitigation ?
Infernal Pain ? It's amazing, every Magus should slot it and see how fun toughness mitigation is
Backlash. It's even worse than Rends Winds and Infernal Pain but it does magical damage, imagine
Unearthly Shriek ? I forgot, considered too OP against poor order so not working at all, thank you. (check the WL btw, it's fun on the other side)
Siphon Power ? Mirror it to the Engie, they need it.
Misdirection ? If only it redirects half of the received damage before mitigation, it doesn't.
FIREWYRM !!!!! It was good, too good I presume when G used it 3 times and immediately got disabled by Natherul. Now, even I opted for Agonizing Torrent. But Engies have that poor M4 , Fling Explosives, so bad, but they don't lose they turret when the M4 ends, we are the ones losing something, poof Daemon.
Where's my 6th skill in daemonology ? I think my client must be bugged.

As for your dear mentioned Surging Power. Except in double hit Havoc Frf/SVF spam it's only good for glass canon daemonology for IB. And it's good for FrF/SVF spam because Torq did throw us a bone, otherwise for both Havoc and Changing that tactic would be overpriced.

Also in FrF/SVF spam 3 tactics become mendatory and in practice is just decent, borderline subpar.

Asshole !
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Nidwin

Post#12 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:18 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:19 pm Marauder already has access to the build time increaser
And the almighty Marauder.

Is there something wrong with

Aethiric Dissipation tactic ?
Is the tooltip of Dazzling strike wrong, e.g. not spammable ability ?

Oh, me so stupid, of course. Swordmasters are completely useless, not like the mighty Marauder that can morale drain and has a aoe disorient (melee) on 10s cd. And we all know that the Marauder is a cheat and has at least 7 tactic slots availble and 369 mastery points to spent.

edit 1
morale drain and not pump

Crumbs

Post#13 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:09 am

Engi got 0 mobility down from what they used to have on phos shells, can't get a lower cool down, and doesn't snare. If we mirror that then maybe. That's 1/4 of what magus has in the ability
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Nidwin

Post#14 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:26 am

Crumbs wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:09 am Engi got 0 mobility down from what they used to have on phos shells, can't get a lower cool down, and doesn't snare. If we mirror that then maybe. That's 1/4 of what magus has in the ability
Fascinating.

a) but now they have their version of Tornado of doom
b) neither does the Magus (was asked although but we got a niet)
c) same for Magus and if it's not properly mirrored it will be fixed. btw for you fascinating pukes in case you don't know how Tornado of doom works. The snare, mighty 20% only works inside the pbao, get out and woops, no snare anymore.

And while we are at it.
Does Extra Powder still works on the new PS ?

Crumbs

Post#15 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 am

Nidwin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:26 am
Crumbs wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:09 am Engi got 0 mobility down from what they used to have on phos shells, can't get a lower cool down, and doesn't snare. If we mirror that then maybe. That's 1/4 of what magus has in the ability
Fascinating.

a) but now they have their version of Tornado of doom
b) neither does the Magus (was asked although but we got a niet)
c) same for Magus and if it's not properly mirrored it will be fixed. btw for you fascinating pukes in case you don't know how Tornado of doom works. The snare, mighty 20% only works inside the pbao, get out and woops, no snare anymore.

And while we are at it.
Does Extra Powder still works on the new PS ?
Magus can't move anymore and cast?
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Nidwin

Post#16 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:46 am

Crumbs wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 am Magus can't move anymore and cast?
Magus can still move while channeling Firestorm, when it works or suppose to work.
So I presume if it was mirrored it should be the case for the new PS too. If not, bug report it I would say.

Just be careful to stay in range, keep an eye on those nasty stones out there and keep your line of sight.
I also tend to deselect any target before dropping Firestorm as I don't trust my melee AA on this one. But that's just me and everything could be fine.

CytheX

Post#17 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:52 am

Aethiric dissipation is no longer viable on sm.

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Nidwin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:25 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:19 pm Marauder already has access to the build time increaser, and Magus has his own goodies that the Engineer doesn't have - such as a 50% crit damage modifier for several abilities.
My Magus goodies?

Where's my critt tactic for core and daemonology tree ? Missed that patch me thinks.

Or may be my goodies are

Infernal Pain ? It's amazing, every Magus should slot it and see how fun toughness mitigation is
Backlash. It's even worse than Rends Winds and Infernal Pain but it does magical damage, imagine
Unearthly Shriek ? I forgot, considered too OP against poor order so not working at all, thank you. (check the WL btw, it's fun on the other side)
Misdirection ? If only it redirects half of the received damage before mitigation, it doesn't.
FIREWYRM !!!!! It was good, too good I presume when G used it 3 times and immediately got disabled by Natherul. Now, even I opted for Agonizing Torrent. But Engies have that poor M4 , Fling Explosives, so bad, but they don't lose they turret when the M4 ends, we are the ones losing something, poof Daemon.

As for your dear mentioned Surging Power. Except in double hit Havoc Frf/SVF spam it's only good for glass canon daemonology for IB. And it's good for FrF/SVF spam because Torq did throw us a bone, otherwise for both Havoc and Changing that tactic would be overpriced.

Also in FrF/SVF spam 3 tactics become mendatory and in practice is just decent, borderline subpar.

Asshole !
Not my fault if you can't see the woods for the trees, and undervalue certain tactics.

It's not like engineer have their fair share of **** tactics, right?

It's not like engineer's crit tactic is dependent upon both having, and being near, a pet, right?

It's not like demo pbaoe burst is all magical and, thus, shits all over Engi's, right?

It's not like Warped Flesh basically allows you to tank classes in 1v1, right?

It's not like M1 snare is useful, right?

It's not like you can hit multiple targets with 1.8k+ FrF spam via certain tactic configs, right?

Don't get me wrong: both classes have their good tactics and their bad, but deliberately focusing on the few niche/'bad' tactics Magus has - while ignoring those of the Engi - makes for a disingenuous argument.

Re SM vs Mara: you actually comparing a ST buildtime increaser that requires you to be in Perfect Stance vs AoE buildtime increaser? SM lost his morale drain tactic, my dude.
Spoiler:
Thank you for calling me an asshole! Imma go be offended and report you no-loljk I'll just reply in kind.

I have been waiting for an opportune moment to come clean, to tell you where the root of almost all of your problems/perceived issues stem from: first is your blatant lack of knowledge on what works and what doesn't (as witnessed above), and second is the fact that you have the situational awareness and playstyle of a used teabag (you called me an asshole, we're both men - I'm sure you can take the lighthearted jab!).

I strongly recommend that you take measures to fix the above issues, as by doing so you will gain a deeper insight into (and greater knowledge of) how the game actually works - resulting in less blunders and false information (or bad comparisons) entering these exciting discussions.

Ads
Ototo

Post#19 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:28 pm

Nidwin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:25 am Asshole !
Reading all along the thread and thinking exactly this about you, Nidwin.

Lots of logical fallacies. I think you incurred in all them, starting with a "loaded question" in your opening post, which nobody fell for. Please, read this and stop being what you call others: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com
Spoiler:

Nidwin

Post#20 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:33 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:05 pm
Spoiler:
Nidwin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:25 am
My Magus goodies?

Or may be my goodies are

Asshole !
Not my fault if you can't see the woods for the trees, and undervalue certain tactics.

It's not like engineer have their fair share of **** tactics, right?
List please, not the ones that both Magus and Engie share.

It's not like engineer's crit tactic is dependent upon both having, and being near, a pet, right?
100ft from turret and where my tactic for daemonolgy, maw?

It's not like demo pbaoe burst is all magical and, thus, shits all over Engi's, right?
It's not like Path of Tinkerer was changes from physical to Magic. Did the dev also change the amount of damage to refelct the change btw ?

It's not like Warped Flesh basically allows you to tank classes in 1v1, right?
375 damage bubble that will proc 25 times on 100 hits on a base 1 000 while applying the usual correction and including that it can only proc once every 3s? Engie AA critts and hit for around 1k btw, byebye bubble.

It's not like M1 snare is useful, right?
Yes, it's good and it also does damage that can be mitigated. Amazing isn't it.

It's not like you can hit multiple targets with 1.8k+ FrF spam via certain tactic configs, right?
2 targets, already talked about it. Your logs please to have a constant 1.8k net damage spam with FrF and not on dumies.

Don't get me wrong: both classes have their good tactics and their bad, but deliberately focusing on the few niche/'bad' tactics Magus has - while ignoring those of the Engi - makes for a disingenuous argument.

Don't get me wrong Peter but I was only asking of I could get 1 tactic, just in case. As for tactics, I trade places, including morales with engie ones, anytime, anyday.

Re SM vs Mara: you actually comparing a ST buildtime increaser that requires you to be in Perfect Stance vs AoE buildtime increaser?
SM + Engie vs Mara (just as order always does)

SM lost his morale drain tactic, my dude.
That's why I asked as I wasn't convinced the career builder was accurate. That's worng in my book and the SM should get that tactic back, whatever the destro whiners have to say about it. It would also fit the SM's gameplay in Hoeth I think.
Spoiler:
Thank you for calling me an asshole! Imma go be offended and report you no-loljk I'll just reply in kind.

I have been waiting for an opportune moment to come clean, to tell you where the root of almost all of your problems/perceived issues stem from: first is your blatant lack of knowledge on what works and what doesn't (as witnessed above), and second is the fact that you have the situational awareness and playstyle of a used teabag (you called me an asshole, we're both men - I'm sure you can take the lighthearted jab!).

I strongly recommend that you take measures to fix the above issues, as by doing so you will gain a deeper insight into (and greater knowledge of) how the game actually works - resulting in less blunders and false information (or bad comparisons) entering these exciting discussions.

I forgot the smilie, anyway. So everyone that disagrees with you get the same stuff, you're a bad player but me Peter I'm a god that knows everything about everything. No offense met. As for my situational awareness, I'm happy with but your hero Ngnl was compeltely list in time and space 2 days ago in the lakes.
[/quote]