Ads

Forum Proposal

Let's talk about... everything else
Kalell

Re: Forum Proposal

Post#11 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Tesq wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:51 am
Kalell wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:36 am
Tesq wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:18 am There is alredy vote in game for that tough yes lets make vote on feeling be more important than a well costructed suggestion/criticism especiallly by not deep grasping pl inside game.
Well, I gotta agree with the ysaran above, it's way harder to spot troll votes than it is to spot this comment...

Nobody wants votes to be more important than comments. That isn't even related to this topic.
And there is already a way to discuss stuff in the game chat, we don't really need a forum, do we? /s
No the point is it's alredy be made, its in game litteraly and it may be deviant too in that form.
Maybe we can reason with you, if you could express your thoughts. I'd suggest you try https://translate.google.com .
In the meantime let me try to guess what you wanted to say:
There are polls in the game, that can be used to vote on important changes to the game, before they get implemented.
This is about a completely different topic. This proposal is about the following:
Vance wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 am Implement an Upvote/Downvote feature for single posts so GMs/DEVs get a better idea of viable posts, while minimizing moderation needed.
These votes would not be a "if more than 50% like it, we'll implement it"-poll. It would be a "How many like vs dislike this idea"-vote. It would be an indicator about the general feeling. Like temperature, it's just a number, not the whole weather, but it can help you see at first glance if it's hot or not. That is the suggestion. Nothing more.

Ads
wonshot

Post#12 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:04 pm

A like or dislike feature would at times be nice to have. But at the same time, i can see how it could be both missleading and create bandwagon mentality.

If I just had 2 upvotes per week, i would spend them way more carefully though and it could give some incentive to make the forum a better place.

(I suggested 2 per week as it seemed fitting with the forum activity)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Tesq

Post#13 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:32 pm

Spoiler:
Kalell wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:00 pm
Kalell wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:36 am

Well, I gotta agree with the ysaran above, it's way harder to spot troll votes than it is to spot this comment...

Nobody wants votes to be more important than comments. That isn't even related to this topic.
And there is already a way to discuss stuff in the game chat, we don't really need a forum, do we? /s
No the point is it's alredy be made, its in game litteraly and it may be deviant too in that form.
Maybe we can reason with you, if you could express your thoughts. I'd suggest you try https://translate.google.com .
There are polls in the game, that can be used to vote on important changes to the game, before they get implemented.
This is about a completely different topic. This proposal is about the following:
Vance wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 am Implement an Upvote/Downvote feature for single posts so GMs/DEVs get a better idea of viable posts, while minimizing moderation needed.
These votes would not be a "if more than 50% like it, we'll implement it"-poll. It would be a "How many like vs dislike this idea"-vote. It would be an indicator about the general feeling. Like temperature, it's just a number, not the whole weather, but it can help you see at first glance if it's hot or not. That is the suggestion. Nothing more.
Or you could just understand its the same thing basically and it will turn exatly as a.poll, because its one ..

Because +1 / -1 without comment is just a poll. You will just have any single post on forum made a poll...a living hell of polls....

At that point dev will have either to navigate those infinite numbers of pools
or ignore em...

Plus nope, when ppl will start see 50% + 1 will demand implementation based on numbers instead on reason.

DanielWinner

Post#14 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:38 pm

You can always use report button to help administrators with toxic/inappropriate posts.

Other than this current forum structure is pretty fine so it’s quite easy to track lines with “quote” feature.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Kalell

Post#15 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Tesq wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:32 pm
Spoiler:
Kalell wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Or you could just understand its the same thing basically and it will turn exatly as a.poll, because its one ..

Because +1 / -1 without comment is just a poll. You will just have any single post on forum made a poll...a living hell of polls....

At that point dev will have either to navigate those infinite numbers of pools
or ignore em...
Do you have anything to back this up?

Have you ever been on any other forum/ social media site? Like Facebook? Instagram? Twitter? Reddit? All of them have likes (and some dislikes). I'd argue reddit.com is one of the most successfull forums on the internet, in part due to the way they handle votes (and how you can reply to comments).

Why would that be a living hell? It's 2 buttons and a single (or two) numbers, on each proposal, just next to the number of comments. You could still ignore it. But it would be a useful feature for everyone that wants to use it, and help others instantly see if a suggestion is liked or disliked.

It would take less than a second to look at this number. You don't need to do anything with it. But after some time even you'll realize, that it's nice to know what others think.

Your argument is: "I don't understand it, I dont want to use it, it's so complicated, I don't want to think about that, Nobody can understand that". Just try to imagine what would change for you. Or for a dev. Just ignore the number, and everything stays the same, just as you like. But all the cool kids can play with their likes, and show everyone with one button press, if they like an idea.

There are millions of reasons why it could be bad, as mentioned in this thread. Mob mentality, ignoring the idea and voting based on the person, or even manipulating these votes in your own favor with multiple accounts. Those are all valid concerns, but what you gave is just rambling about how you don't like it. And you could do that with a single button press after it's implemented, and save all of us the time to read your comments.

adamthelc

Post#16 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:18 pm

At best it provides no real value aside from people feeling warm and fuzzy.

At worst it becomes an irritant spawning terrible arguments like "how could you ignore that horrendous idea with all of those likes?"

If you cant be bothered to write an intelligent response, why should anyone be bothered to note your opinion?

Kalell

Post#17 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:33 pm

adamthelc wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:18 pm At best it provides no real value aside from people feeling warm and fuzzy.

At worst it becomes an irritant spawning terrible arguments like "how could you ignore that horrendous idea with all of those likes?"

If you cant be bothered to write an intelligent response, why should anyone be bothered to note your opinion?
Because, as proven by this thread, not everyone can express their opinion as eloquently as you do. If your kid screams you still consider why. You might ignore it in the end, but saying "Your opinion is irrelevant if you cant articulate it in English on an online forum" is unfair. This is not meant to set everyone on equal footing, ignore comments and fall into voting-anarchy. It's meant to make a statistic. Do people like this? Is it universally loved or controversial? Without reading hundreds of responses with no new content.

The OP gave a clear example of its use. Quickly see the mood. You can ignore that mood and go on talking to those that comment with relevant new information. But others might also be interested in the silent majority.

Vance

Post#18 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:54 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:38 pm You can always use report button to help administrators with toxic/inappropriate posts.

That is not why I am proposing this feature at all. Sure there are mechanics in place for this kind of behavior.

Kalell wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:33 pm Because, as proven by this thread, not everyone can express their opinion as eloquently as you do. If your kid screams you still consider why. You might ignore it in the end, but saying "Your opinion is irrelevant if you cant articulate it in English on an online forum" is unfair. This is not meant to set everyone on equal footing, ignore comments and fall into voting-anarchy. It's meant to make a statistic. Do people like this? Is it universally loved or controversial? Without reading hundreds of responses with no new content.

The OP gave a clear example of its use. Quickly see the mood. You can ignore that mood and go on talking to those that comment with relevant new information. But others might also be interested in the silent majority.

Thanks for giving a nice and clear conclusion of the upside of an upvote/downvote feature for single posts.

Cheers,
Vance
Vance | Leechking
Preferred Playstyle 6vX (AAO Fights)

Guild-Group Player Verzweiflung | Despair
"We bring [Despair] :twisted:"

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#19 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:04 pm

'Destro is too OP!'
3000 people like this

Tesq

Post#20 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Facebook dont have to balance skills in a game and is questionable on what ban or not to add into something.

Ppl are not crybabys the game have like 4-5 languages (aka some ppl can traslate for you just for help) and google can traslate roughtly your point and it will be taken into consideration.