Recent Topics

Ads

Why rr61 weapons were ner...adjusted?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Why rr61 weapons were ner...adjusted?

Post#1 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:29 pm

What happened with the following stat calculation for rr61 weapons?
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:55 pm A little late in the patch notes to ask, but if you notice any RR61 scenario weapons the appear to be "off" please bugtrack them here https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues?state=open. Don't message me on discord or anyone else in the team- not to say I don't want to hear from you but the most efficient and effective way to point out something that is broken (in regards to these weapons, but typically most other non GM related issues as well) is to provide a short description and screenshots of the issue.

In the instance of these weapons, 1h weapons should have 103 base stats, 2h 206.

Base stats = 1 point
Crit/reduction = 10 points
Regen = 4
Power = 3 power / 2 points
strikethrough/reduction = 6 points
Currently the weapons look like this.
Totally odd is the reduction of e.g. magic power, when progressing from rr39 to rr45 weapon.
Or did you want to increase the "experienced" powergain, when swapping to rr61 weapon, because the previous one was made worse?
The rr61 weapon itself doesn't stick at all to above formula.
The differences between rr45 and rr61 are almost nonexistent and only amplified by the unreasonable nerf of rr45 weapon stats. The stat progression is like nothing.
For this stat gain we have to give away the previous weapon (appearance!) worth 1500 emblems and on top of it gather the same number of emblems again to just to buy it.

I thought rr61 weapon tier was meant to be similar to new Bloodlord weapons but the stats are far off. The only disadvantage of Bloodlord weapons is the trade of wounds for initiative, which most players won't do at all.

Dying is no option.

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: Why rr61 weapons were ner...adjusted?

Post#2 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:46 pm

The only thing changed was RR45 DPS, the stats on rr39 and 45 haven't changed, to my knowledge, in the past 3+ years. I didn't stat the blue weapons, just the purple ones and from what I'm looking at there is a perfect progression pattern for where the weapons are, at 39, 45 and then a jump to renown rank 61.

Are you complaining that the stat difference between the weapons is too big? That it is too small?

Where are you reading anything about the bloodlord stats?

You're also implying if the stat increase in new weapons isn't 'big enough'? they won't pursue them? I'll disagree there and trust that for even a 1% power increase between the current weapons and a new weapon, people will pursue them.

Sulorie

Post#3 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:08 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:46 pm The only thing changed was RR45 DPS, the stats on rr39 and 45 haven't changed, to my knowledge, in the past 3+ years. I didn't stat the blue weapons, just the purple ones and from what I'm looking at there is a perfect progression pattern for where the weapons are, at 39, 45 and then a jump to renown rank 61.

Are you complaining that the stat difference between the weapons is too big? That it is too small?

You're also implying if the stat increase in new weapons isn't 'big enough'? they won't pursue them? I'll disagree there and trust that for even a 1% power increase between the current weapons and a new weapon, people will pursue them.
The rr45 2h weapons had +38 mp and even there were complaints, that just +4 mp on rr61 ones is barely any difference.
Now rr45 ones now have +24 mp! Less than the previous tier.

Ofc people will get them, because they are mathematically better but there is no "nice, I progress" feeling.

Hargrim I think posted screenshots of some Bloodlord weapons.

Any comment about the former 206 base stats on 2h weapons, which got cut down by a lot? The difference now doesn't represent the jump between rr45 and 61.
Dying is no option.

abodam

Post#4 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:37 pm

RR45 have 4% crit compare to RR39 2%.Thats why you lose mpower.
Magus / BG

qwerty113

Post#5 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:44 pm

Agree with Sulorie in every game establish grind for better gear, better weapons to pump up motivation to play. The different almost neither, progression pattern - so you telling to us that future gear will rise their power by a geometrical progression and that why you balance progression pattern all gear+weapons now, if so we suppost to wait another 3+ years ?! People playing to get better gear, not 4-6 sum stats highter or +13 melee power, but the much more major different.
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Dackle

Post#6 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:26 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:46 pm The only thing changed was RR45 DPS, the stats on rr39 and 45 haven't changed, to my knowledge, in the past 3+ years. I didn't stat the blue weapons, just the purple ones and from what I'm looking at there is a perfect progression pattern for where the weapons are, at 39, 45 and then a jump to renown rank 61.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31612 Do you ever read the forums?
Last edited by Dackle on Sun May 19, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:40 pm

abodam wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:37 pm RR45 have 4% crit compare to RR39 2%.Thats why you lose mpower.
Supposedly the stats were not changed but yet it was reduced. :)
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:46 pm The only thing changed was RR45 DPS, the stats on rr39 and 45 haven't changed, to my knowledge, in the past 3+ years.
Dying is no option.

DirkDaring

Post#8 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:54 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:29 pm What happened with the following stat calculation for rr61 weapons?
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:55 pm A little late in the patch notes to ask, but if you notice any RR61 scenario weapons the appear to be "off" please bugtrack them here https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues?state=open. Don't message me on discord or anyone else in the team- not to say I don't want to hear from you but the most efficient and effective way to point out something that is broken (in regards to these weapons, but typically most other non GM related issues as well) is to provide a short description and screenshots of the issue.

In the instance of these weapons, 1h weapons should have 103 base stats, 2h 206.

Base stats = 1 point
Crit/reduction = 10 points
Regen = 4
Power = 3 power / 2 points
strikethrough/reduction = 6 points
Currently the weapons look like this.
Totally odd is the reduction of e.g. magic power, when progressing from rr39 to rr45 weapon.
Or did you want to increase the "experienced" powergain, when swapping to rr61 weapon, because the previous one was made worse?
The rr61 weapon itself doesn't stick at all to above formula.
The differences between rr45 and rr61 are almost nonexistent and only amplified by the unreasonable nerf of rr45 weapon stats. The stat progression is like nothing.
For this stat gain we have to give away the previous weapon (appearance!) worth 1500 emblems and on top of it gather the same number of emblems again to just to buy it.

I thought rr61 weapon tier was meant to be similar to new Bloodlord weapons but the stats are far off. The only disadvantage of Bloodlord weapons is the trade of wounds for initiative, which most players won't do at all.

Pretty much this , except i see no reason to grind SC for a staff that is barely even worth getting over what i already have .

The 45 staff vs the rr39 one as an example , the 39 one coast 50 Conq Emblems when converted down to officer , the rr45 one cost 1500 Conq emblems, and has 2 extra crit , a couple extra intel, and wounds, and less magic power,

as a bw the 2 extra magic crit isnt that big of a deal, and the rest of the stats increase as they are only 2 or 3 points, doesnt make it worth grinding 1450 more emblems for an upgrade .

the same goes for healing classes, even the WP rr45 hammer and book, arent worth grinding for over the rr39 ones, at a fraction of the cost .

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#9 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:04 pm

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
DirkDaring wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:54 pm
Pretty much this , except i see no reason to grind SC for a staff that is barely even worth getting over what i already have .

The 45 staff vs the rr39 one as an example , the 39 one coast 50 Conq Emblems when converted down to officer , the rr45 one cost 1500 Conq emblems, and has 2 extra crit , a couple extra intel, and wounds, and less magic power,

as a bw the 2 extra magic crit isnt that big of a deal, and the rest of the stats increase as they are only 2 or 3 points, doesnt make it worth grinding 1450 more emblems for an upgrade .

the same goes for healing classes, even the WP rr45 hammer and book, arent worth grinding for over the rr39 ones, at a fraction of the cost .
Well good for you, you can pick up your rr39 weapon and be happy you never have to do scenarios again, but you will have worse stats than someone who plays scenarios often and has empirically better gear than you do.
Gear with a higher item level will be better than lower gear in terms of DPS and total stats.

Power scaling/power creep is controlled and contained as best we can on RoR at this point in the future, such that a maxed renown player and the highest item level gear possible WILL have an advantage, however it won't be such that it is the single determining factor in a fight. If you want massive jumps in gear power every time something new is released so you tower over lower level players to make up for being a terrible player, prepare for disappointment.

Whether or not the weapon fits your build and/or playstyle is entirely subjective, such that there will be multiple options and choices to pursue on the path to sovereign weapons via different methods of delivery.

BeautfulToad

Post#10 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:53 pm

They look like a midpoint between each other. If you increase the power of Anthema you'd also need to increase the power of Tyranny.

Vehemance -> Tyranny
+2% melee crit chance is nice (+1% damage), and +3 INT (0.6 damage) but also loses 6 magic power (-1.2 damage)

Tyranny -> Anathema
+13 int (+2.6 damage) and +24 magic power (+4.8 damage)

Simple example

Base damage of Agonizing Torrent is 268*3=804. Without any buffs, the *average* damage

Moving from Vehemance to Tyranny will give +7.44 damage to a naked Magus' Agonizing Torrent. Moving from Tyranny to Anathema will a further give +7.4 damage. Granted the crit chance scales on Tyranny once you start wearing other high renown gear. If you start wearing some kind of full rr61 set all these will multiply considerably.

Vehemance to Anathema will give closer to +16 damage or thereabouts (+2% crit chance) on a naked Magus. I suppose SCs and forts in T4 should be more thought of as the endpoint of the game, rather than the higher tier weapons.

I'd say, once you get T4 gear, worry more about how your character looks. I personally ensure all my characters look fabulous. As such, I want to see more dyes, and the prices come down on Blazing Orange dyes, which are - quite frankly - a far bigger scandal than the weapon nerfs.