Recent Topics

Ads

Curiosity killed the shaman

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Curiosity killed the shaman

Post#31 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:34 pm

Give BO an AoE snare that is worth a damn to help counter the mobile Order classes (you can still actually counter WL/SW/SM, contrary to popular opinion, but a secondary AoE snare would go a long way to help even out the playing field).

People are so eager to talk about what they perceive to be a gross imbalance between the two realms, yet how many of you are part of an established raiding WB guild, complete with synergised comps, min-max players, and comms? How many of you are, instead, playing on your own, joining open WBs with no care for what archetype balance (or imbalance) is, with no care for proper synergy between classes, with no pots, with suboptimal tactics, with no care for using comms to counter Order guild WBs who are on comms - the list goes on. How would you honestly expect to trump a larger force (number imbalance aside) when you haven't even taken the steps above?

If I am being truthfully honest, I don't recognise any serious WB guilds on Destro at all right now - and that is entirely a player issue. If the likes of Phalanx were to return to Destro again, their min-max and no bullshit attitude to WB play would have Order players moaning about the exact same thing you guys are (again, number imbalance aside).

Ads
Dammy095

Post#32 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:57 pm

^ have no clue about rvr situation

destro have 3 guild wbs with 2-2-2 setup, order has one semi guild- semi pug wb

anarchypark

Post#33 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:15 pm

in reality nobody runs premade wb outside of EU zone.
you can ignore this and keep saying everything is fine in perfect 2-2-2 theory while majority of NA/asia is suffering from their issue.
it's mainly player issue. based on balance.
hard to fix but do nothing? not cool.
I think EU don't see the problem of NA.
Last edited by anarchypark on Mon May 27, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Abe

Post#34 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:18 pm

Peter so nice to see you giving your usual fair and balanced responses.

cfabr

Post#35 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:42 pm

First off ... thanks for all the feedback so far, please do continue.

That said, i love this game as much as anyone in here. This is properly the most fun I've had playing MMO's these last years.
I know there are some really hardcore Destro players out there and that properly goes for Order as well, who would more then love too stomp the other faction into the ground. But people just need too realize this is a 2 faction game ..

There are no Destro's without Order ..
There are no Order's without Destro ..

If I'd had too choose between .. lets say a 5-10mins fight where it actually feels like YOU make the difference by silencing that healer, or punting that tank OR you get steamrolled by 3 vs 1 WB in seconds, maybe spawn-camped in sc. i definitely know what i would choose.

I played on the original AoR, i was never around for the end .. I have a few guildies who have though and I've heard stories in the lakes. And I'm sorry, but from some of the stories i hear this pretty much sounds like the end of Age of Reckoning. When dedicated players start talking about leaving ... that's when the alarm goes off, for me.

peterthepan3

Post#36 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:15 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:57 pm ^ have no clue about rvr situation

Who are they then? Please tell me the names of these min-max Guild WBs ?

Dammy095

Post#37 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:22 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:15 pm

"with no care for using comms to counter Order guild WBs who are on comms "

when there not a single one full order guild wb

abodam

Post#38 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:03 pm

cfabr wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:42 pm
I played on the original AoR, i was never around for the end .. I have a few guildies who have though and I've heard stories in the lakes. And I'm sorry, but from some of the stories i hear this pretty much sounds like the end of Age of Reckoning. When dedicated players start talking about leaving ... that's when the alarm goes off, for me.
Majority of dedicated players already left.
Magus / BG

Ads
Tesq

Post#39 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:04 pm

Spoiler:
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:34 pm Give BO an AoE snare that is worth a damn to help counter the mobile Order classes (you can still actually counter WL/SW/SM, contrary to popular opinion, but a secondary AoE snare would go a long way to help even out the playing field).

People are so eager to talk about what they perceive to be a gross imbalance between the two realms, yet how many of you are part of an established raiding WB guild, complete with synergised comps, min-max players, and comms? How many of you are, instead, playing on your own, joining open WBs with no care for what archetype balance (or imbalance) is, with no care for proper synergy between classes, with no pots, with suboptimal tactics, with no care for using comms to counter Order guild WBs who are on comms - the list goes on. How would you honestly expect to trump a larger force (number imbalance aside) when you haven't even taken the steps above?

If I am being truthfully honest, I don't recognise any serious WB guilds on Destro at all right now - and that is entirely a player issue. If the likes of Phalanx were to return to Destro again, their min-max and no bullshit attitude to WB play would have Order players moaning about the exact same thing you guys are (again, number imbalance aside).
For what? A spamable 20 % is enough for rvr where there is no imbalance on mobility, ok small scale but unless is 40%... nope...... but if it is?, it's too good....

The only order mobility advantage are on wl and sw . Sw alredy have a 20 sec CD (the only op part its his def being raised per shadowstep tooltip which have anything to do with mobility. Regarding wl pounce it require a 20 cd as any KD in game have (cuz mobility / hard CC type similarity impact) pointless circle around it.

But this have anything to do with rvr sich.

Imo rvr is stagnant as potentiality right now fortress are a prove of this hence they were removed in live.

Is stagnamt aswell becase a relic per zone system (and not per pairing) has not been implemented aswell....which would jaf also give more role to wh/we...ninja stuff....
Also the fortress is very sub tought it encourage the opppsing side which can zerg till fortress and then it also have more than a fair chance to win because opposed side can wipe for 30+min but then def side can only wipe once (dumb thing).

This recall that pre 1.4.0 claim system: the defender could recap claimed keep for 10 min before they lock because
set off side being able to wipe n infinite number of time vs def only be able to wipe once is dumb (sc fix this by have points for win/loose). I had asked this to be ammended lots of time yet we do not had any info about it. (Note, fortress are larger keep based around the same meccanic).

We have an error which ror didnt have till 1.4.0 in fact after it it didnt even had fortress due this change.

Also ror keep insist on have his self imposed problem for what is my perception, aka programmer do the job of designer which is wrong.

Aswell in conjunction ppl not understanging what was good or bad. In both pre 1.4.0 and after 1.4.0

I could also say bad ttk is too low on rvr again on tanks .... Dev wanna lower gear progression impact....worst decision ever on tanks...if under sovereign def tanks will not be totally immune under 1 healer to death ror will never fix his zerg phenomena. We need 8/9 of the aoe target cap to be dam near immune to dmg to male zerg less relevant.

This mean more good proc on def tanks
Aka avoidance, regen, dmg reduction working aswell on 2h tanks so no proc on block.
Last edited by Tesq on Mon May 27, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Collateral

Post#40 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:22 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:15 pm

"with no care for using comms to counter Order guild WBs who are on comms "

when there not a single one full order guild wb
Seventh legion under Erihon is the up and coming order warband that runs proper specs and builds, no wl, wh and that useless stuff. We will see how long they stick around (not that I really see a reason since order dominates so hard anyway).

For destro guilds peter, there are a couple of them. Tup obviously, pnp, fmj, seventh also has a destro guild but I didn't see them with a full wb yet, and some other guilds that can get up to 2 parties I guess, but overall the number is going down.

For me it's not really about organization (comms, builds and what not), and people seem to forget that, you included peter. It's about quality of the experience. You see, even if you have the likes of phalanx around, it would make virtually no difference against the gigantic blob. Rvr is a pure mess for me. And even if a hardcore guild like that would form, there would be no reason for me to join. Why? Because you would still have to blob with others if you want a chance. And I simply don't enjoy that, and neither would most of the people from phalanx I'm sure. Back in the day we absolutely hated it. You could actually compare it to your love for hardcore 6v6. You dislike warband play and I can understand it, so then you can understand when people like myself (who enjoy haedcore warbands) dislike massive zergs, where literally only numbers matter.

In the past when warbands roamed mostly solo, it mattered what kind of build you had, and if you were on comms of course. You could be in a fight and suddenly get flanked by a couple parties or another warband, so you needed sharp focus and people who know how to lead and those that can follow if you wanted to live to tell the tale. Now you can throw all that out the window, because it simply doesn't matter. The zerg train has no brakes. I won't go into that whole rvr thing again as I expressed my opinion plenty of times now, so those who are interested can check my posts.

About invader stuff, since we are bragging about that; I jave 8 medals on my rr 82 bo, beat that. And guess how much I like forts ;D