Curiosity killed the shaman

Let's talk about... everything else
Nefarian78

Re: Curiosity killed the shaman

Post#101 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:20 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Nefarian78 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:33 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Don't hit your head on the door on the way out. I'm not pushing any 'agenda' whatsoever, and I'm actually trying to offer you some advice, but I suppose it's easier to just REEE when faced with the facts.
Your advice is as useful as "thoughts and prayers"
You said:

'Do you honestly think people want to level and gear a character starting from scratch and stop playing their main character they've most likely invested at least a couple hundreds of hours?'

You acknowledge, therefore, that there are ways to alleviate the issues you are experiencing - one of them being leveling up a tank or heal yourself. You just don't want to, that's the real issue at hand.

What about playing in a guild that has dedicated heals and tanks? Surely that would fix your 'issue'? Or are you a solorambo player 4 lyf, and demand that everyone play around you?

It really ain't that hard to get a char to Anni/R40 level, particularly when there's been a few XP events as of late. Stop being lazy.
if you would have actually taken the time (less than 40seconds) to read what i wrote, i ONLY play tanks and healers.

What about playing in a guild? I'll repeat what i wrote before. There's maybe 5 or 6 guilds (By guild i mean guilds that have at least 10 active players that play together. having the same tag means nothing) left in destro and most of those are not recruiting. I saw TUP recruiting tanks (iirc) the other day, and that's it.

Personally, i'm interested only in 6v6. Since my friends and guildies quit, i haven't seen a single active 6v6 guild recruit in months. Me and a friend even tried to put back some of the 6man players from Savvy but guess what, they all refused. You have no idea of how bad the guild situation is in Destro.

Get off your high horse and please, stop with the "thoughts and prayers" like phrases. They don't do anything and we both know it
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#102 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:43 pm

You mentioned that you played a tank, so what on earth are you complaining about? Lack of heals? Other tanks? My recommending that people play classes they may not necessarily like for the greater good? You don't have to like playing tanks and heals per se, but if it helps your group/WB out then you may find yourself deriving a lot of satisfaction from it in the long run: people who choose not to play one of these archetypes - even if they know it would help out immensely - are making that choice of their own accord, so forgive me if I don't throw sympathy their way.

In regards to 6v6: I've seen a lot of newer groups taking part in Caledor Woods - even if their comps aren't so great - so I'm not sure where you're looking, truth be told.

DanielWinner

Post#103 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:38 pm

Some news for all destro fans.

I'd like to give great kudos to FMJ guild that has shown that organization, new tactics and proper classes can beat greater forces especially when they consist of WLs, WHs and SWs which are dead weight for WB and, therefore, end-game content. Destro can be the kings of the main focus of the game.
I wish them luck so they will continue to defend forts against order zerg which doesn't have nor communication, nor right classes.

Awesome defense of the first wall and its gates.

Score after first stage.

End score.

It's not their first fort that they defended like that so we will see our realm heroes again and again.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Nefarian78

Post#104 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:03 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:43 pm You mentioned that you played a tank, so what on earth are you complaining about? Lack of heals? Other tanks? My recommending that people play classes they may not necessarily like for the greater good? You don't have to like playing tanks and heals per se, but if it helps your group/WB out then you may find yourself deriving a lot of satisfaction from it in the long run: people who choose not to play one of these archetypes - even if they know it would help out immensely - are making that choice of their own accord, so forgive me if I don't throw sympathy their way.

In regards to 6v6: I've seen a lot of newer groups taking part in Caledor Woods - even if their comps aren't so great - so I'm not sure where you're looking, truth be told.
I'm not complaining about anything. I was responding to your usual "play with a guild" response when there's very few left, let alone one that fits personal criteria for a guild to be worth joining to someone (language, timezones etc).

Most people do not find enjoyment in the long run. They want to have fun immediatly, playing the character they like, not one they were forced to play otherwise they'd get stomped all day. If it worked that way, we wouldn't be having this conversation and the problem this thread is discussing probably wouldn't even be close to be this bad.

Telling people to roll new characters, doesn't work. leveling takes forever and more importantly it's atrociously boring.
If you have fun playing a r16 tank or healer following a pug WB leader that has no idea what he's doing, feeling useless 90% of the time then good for you. Most people clearly do not enjoy that part of the game and it needs to be addressed quickly.

There have to be catch-up mechanics to rr40 and faster leveling otherwise there's not going to be any Destro left in a couple of months.

EDIT: A reason to play scs when Bastion Stairs releases would also help.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Marawo

Post#105 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:16 pm

inb4 open bottomfloor posterndoors waaah,
destro recieved almost not artillerydamage because order just couldn't breach outter walls for the longest time.

Which brings me to an interesting point actually, I just found out this siege that 2nd stage (flags) and 3rd stage (Lord) don't share the winning condition timer for the defending side. The defenders win timer only starts when inner door is breached. What is the point of accelerating door damage x BO's held then. Wouldn't it be way better to have a siege duration of idk 60 minutes (just a number) after the outter door falls (prep stage) and holding the fall of the inner door would reward you with less time that you have to hold out during lord phase because the attacker wasted too much time during the 2nd stage (flags)?
Would make the whole ordeal for a weak attacking force more enjoyable, 2nd stage could also be a way to win the siege as a defender then. Instead of ram hitting inner door for 1% for 40+min just to enter and sit there, knowing full well you won't take it, for another 60 min.

tl:dr Destro rulez, Orda droolz (the other way arround if I play my order chars ofc)

cfabr

Post#106 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:24 pm

Heh ... Well that escalated quickly, but i guess i knew from the beginning it would come too this.
Let me introduce myself then, some might know me, some might not. My in-game char is, Hudiz (the nudiz) Hot stuff ... and I've been a part of this community for a little over a year so far and have joined the forces of destro's on a daily basis and really enjoyed it so far, but as said ... lately not so much. I've been part of a great alliance and an even greater guild and they will properly be the only reason I'd pop in every now and then.
I've had some great feedback from players in this threat and i can see I'm not the only one concerned about the future of this game... BUT ... as some have proven, as long as the opinion of the few outweigh the opinion of the many this will fail. If a concerned player cant start a threat in the forum without being called a whiner or "wash those tears away" this community will NEVER thrive. Fact is ... there will be no new destro's too reinforce the fallen ones as things are right now, but no one seems too listen..

Guess it's time to lay that healing staff on the shelves and go for a walkabout... Have fun everyone :D

... You're friendly neighborhood Shaman.
Hudiz

peterthepan3

Post#107 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:37 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:03 pm

EDIT: A reason to play scs when Bastion Stairs releases would also help.
We can at least agree on that.

BeautfulToad

Post#108 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:20 pm

cfabr wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:24 pm Heh ... Well that escalated quickly, but i guess i knew from the beginning it would come too this.
Let me introduce myself then, some might know me, some might not. My in-game char is, Hudiz (the nudiz) Hot stuff ... and I've been a part of this community for a little over a year so far and have joined the forces of destro's on a daily basis and really enjoyed it so far, but as said ... lately not so much. I've been part of a great alliance and an even greater guild and they will properly be the only reason I'd pop in every now and then.
I've had some great feedback from players in this threat and i can see I'm not the only one concerned about the future of this game... BUT ... as some have proven, as long as the opinion of the few outweigh the opinion of the many this will fail. If a concerned player cant start a threat in the forum without being called a whiner or "wash those tears away" this community will NEVER thrive. Fact is ... there will be no new destro's too reinforce the fallen ones as things are right now, but no one seems too listen..

Guess it's time to lay that healing staff on the shelves and go for a walkabout... Have fun everyone :D

... You're friendly neighborhood Shaman.
Hudiz
Most people are trying to help and the devs want to make things balanced. In RvR, it is down to numbers first and foremost. In SCs, it varies a lot depending on the level. Id honestly say you dont need to be balanced in the slightest in RvR. Greenskin only warbands do well, and they have no ranged AoE. Go on the order side for two days and you will see the same arguments about destro being OP.

Also, the difference between losing and winning a fort is not massive in terms of loot.

Have fun, but the idea there is a cabal of GMs designing a rigged game is absurd. I play destro nearly always, and honestly I think order ganking is frustrating and absurdly useful in certain SCs but I genuinely think destro are much more powerful in large scale battles. With more staying power and more options.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#109 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:30 pm

Mmm true story des are more powerfull guess that is why des cap forts 24/7/365 ... oh wait
Last edited by Bozzax on Thu May 30, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Bozzax

Post#110 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:41 pm

Wdova wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:10 am
I agree 100%. Bring back Kobs +20%crit chance buff with triple shatter on 100ft, rework melee SH to what it was on live, make WL pounce spamable again, Let SW fernster bomb again, remove vanish escape from WE, WH and so on... Is that what you want?
Yep game was better as a whole bf balancing. (Sidenote x3 shatter was not 100ft on live after nerf). Try not look at one thing in isolation.

Atm it is ****
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7