Recent Topics

Ads

Curiosity killed the shaman

Let's talk about... everything else
Onemantankwall

Re: Curiosity killed the shaman

Post#81 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:13 am

Not to worry NA destro I will be home from vacay sunday and those within L2P are anxious to start our weekly runs Wed night until then keep up the WAAAGH!!!
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ads
tazdingo

Post#82 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:57 am

too many changes to chosen and bo ripped apart what made destro work, front heavy wbs using their massive sightblock melee. this game had finer design than you may think and it has been dropped in the pursuit of mirror balance
DanielWinner wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:35 pm So, if sets were even more defftard, it would somehow make tanks fun to play?
deftard was fun, especially when you could actually do your job and guard a melee without being instantly deleted. being on point with guard switching is very fun. deftard does not exist on ror, the def sets suck and we have nowhere near the regen numbers that used to exist

Alterkraft

Post#83 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:30 am

"In rvr tanks are not the most fun class to play..." I guess in some way. Depends on what defines fun for you. Being useful in larger scale combat, is was this game mostly is about, I've heard and if that requires playing a "dull" class in order for my group/guild to succceed, well so be it.

I guess NA crowd has less players overall and hence maybe the play "what you enjoy" approach might not work(does it ever though?). With more numbers online at a given time EU has a larger crop of players to choose from or at least form semi "balanced" pugs". But the loltrain of Order farming the game dry during day is also mostly 5 BWs some engi's and if you're lucky theres a healer in there somewhere.

It's bad on both sides on that front... but from my experience order is a bit better on the pug communcation side. But once some organized opposition turns up, they go into panic mode, **** the bed, whine, cry and generally wait till the guild raid times are over from the enemy faction, only to resume the mindless zone farm... Oh and they treat it like a victory, order pugs that is, when they start winning again: "we overcame and stopped destro on EU prime time" -no dude, their guild event just ended, all you did was jump on rams and die... But it does help for overall player moral if you think that's really what the game is (progressing in zones). It's a ball on a downhill slope and once it starts rolling... More reason to get organized and play for the fights.

Nefarian78

Post#84 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:52 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:44 pm You fix this by playing something else than dps, if you want to win. Whether or not your numbers are exaggerated, it is entirely players fault.
People can't just play in trash setups and then come to forums to complain about losing with trash warbands full of solo players. When you don't like the situation, start to change it and start with yourself and find like-minded players.
That statement could have come out of twitch chat. Just level another character 4head.

Do you honestly think people want to level and gear a character starting from scratch and stop playing their main character they've most likely invested at least a couple hundreds of hours?

There's no catch-up mechanic to rr40, leveling takes forever, gear grinds are getting longer and worse.

Who'd want to level up a character in those conditions? Not many, let me tell you
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:38 pm As Sulorie said, you fix it by not being a selfish player out for your own satisfaction at the expense of everyone else's; you play a healer, or tank, you join a guild that puts emphasis on people playing to help one another ie an abundance of heals/tanks, not just DPS.
This right here, is the most intentionally ignorant claim i've read on this thread, and close to the top on the entire forums.

Just stop playing what you like and play something you do not like. Stop being selfish!

As for the guilds, good luck finding one in Destro. There's maybe 5 left for both scs and rvr
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Solutar

Post#85 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:21 am

Its the population difference that shows who wins. Most of the Time you have PUG WBs in RvR Lakes, and they are very rarely organised like premade WBs so that means 90% of the time Destro and order pug charge at each other and try to smash the enemy in good old fashioned way. Who wins that? most of the time the realm with the bigger population. Thats literally all. As soon population goes to Destros favour no one of destro will complain and all of order. Its the same story year after year.
Loved by Few,
Hated by Most,
Respected by all.
https://www.twitch.tv/solutar

BeautfulToad

Post#86 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:31 am

The main issue is EU Timezone. You have 250v250 slogfests where noone can take a keep until everyone leaves. I mean 250v250 is great, but the Dragonwake RvR last night took over 5 hours! The 2x weekend the Reikland battles took maybe three times that length. I have played maybe 5-6 forts and won twice with destro, the times I won was outside of EU evening prime time. You dont get more invader medallions for winning, just a chance to win a bag. And honestly, any player complaining about RvR who don't follow warband leader instructions have no real right talking about imbalance (I think composition is less of an issue at 24v24).

Also, you do know order complain about imbalance? I find order better at seiges but destro warbands with a little bit of coordination tend to do better in open field battles (with the similar numbers on each side).
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Wed May 29, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warfare80

Post#87 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:41 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:02 pm The 'imbalance' is Order zerging the **** out of Destro. You'd think some of the Order guild/WBs would swap to Destro to help even out the playing field, but that would make too much sense. However, this will change, eventually, and we will instead be hearing the same lamentations, but from Order players.
I cba to start all over again with leveling a char,then farming renown and bags to gear up. And im sure im not the only one feeling this way.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

BeautfulToad

Post#88 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:47 am

Warfare80 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:41 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:02 pm The 'imbalance' is Order zerging the **** out of Destro. You'd think some of the Order guild/WBs would swap to Destro to help even out the playing field, but that would make too much sense. However, this will change, eventually, and we will instead be hearing the same lamentations, but from Order players.
I cba to start all over again with leveling a char,then farming renown and bags to gear up. And im sure im not the only one feeling this way.
It is only levels 32-39 that are a grind and needs to be fixed.

T1 and SCs in T2/T3 are great fun! I have maybe 3-4 characters around level 32. RR 57 for vanq should maybe be reduced a little too. Its the SCs in T4 that needs changed a bit, it needs to be 40 or over, or people ranked 32-39 should get massive boosts to XP and RR for participating.

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#89 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:00 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:47 am T1 and SCs in T2/T3 are great fun! I have maybe 3-4 characters around level 32. RR 57 for vanq should maybe be reduced a little too. Its the SCs in T4 that needs changed a bit, it needs to be 40 or over, or people ranked 32-39 should get massive boosts to XP and RR for participating.
There's less and less reasons to queue scs which leads to queues taking 5-6mins during EU evenings, removing the non 40s would make each queue take 15mins.

There's already going to be even less reasons to queue scs when Bastion Stairs releases, let's not make it worse than it already is.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Tesq

Post#90 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:01 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:31 am The main issue is EU Timezone. You have 250v250 slogfests where noone can take a keep until everyone leaves. I mean 250v250 is great, but the Dragonwake RvR last night took over 5 hours! The 2x weekend the Reikland battles took maybe three times that length. I have played maybe 5-6 forts and won twice with destro, the times I won was outside of EU evening prime time. You dont get more invader medallions for winning, just a chance to win a bag. And honestly, any player complaining about RvR who don't follow warband leader instructions have no real right talking about imbalance (I think composition is less of an issue at 24v24).

Also, you do know order complain about imbalance? I find order better at seiges but destro warbands with a little bit of coordination tend to do better in open field battles (with the similar numbers on each side).
Cux tank ttk is too low, dmg is king and CC when used well are op as they not offer coutner play due dmg thing..