Recent Topics

Ads

How close is RoR to the original AoR,atm?

Let's talk about... everything else
MrSheep

How close is RoR to the original AoR,atm?

Post#1 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:24 pm

In terms of functionalities , from the original game what is already implemented and what´s missing from RoR that devs still are working on implementing for us to have a identical experience to playing the original age of reckoning before closure.

Ads
zupaH

Re: How close is RoR to the original AoR,atm?

Post#2 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:52 pm

It's pretty far from the identical experience in terms of RvR changes and class balance/item changes. Some stuff have yet to be added aswell on RoR compared to AoR.
Tootlez/Egron/Snotstickz/Kaiju
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

MayoDaen78

Post#3 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:00 am

its quite different to original AoR
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

DirkDaring

Post#4 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:48 am

well they have most of the quests working, have added Gunbad, City dungeons, and getting close to releasing Bastion Stairs.

some of armor sets are different then they were on live , most of the RvR Healer sets have been changed from what they were on live, they used to have wounds, intel, and willpower, with magic crit, that could be used for bonus to both heal, and damage as the set bonuses., they replaced the magic crit with only heal crit, and removed the intel.

The tank sets in RvR are different as well , on live most of the tank sets had Str, wounds, and Initiative, or toughness on them. as set bonuses, here they removed the str, and initiative.

They added healer and tank sets with intel, str, and melee crit, magic crit in Scenarios, i assume as a way to force healers, and tanks to do sc if they wanted alt gear . I suppose not enough healers, and tanks were doing them.

They also changed a lot of the class mechanics, on most of the classes in game, giving some completely new abilities, and some actually making the classes not as good as on live .

Best to play it for a month or two, and see if you like the new changes.

navis

Post#5 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:53 am

Very similar in my opinion in most areas but still lots of features are not implemented.

AoR - much more endgame dungeons, whole Land of the Dead zone, much better Guild features and standards come to mind right away. Multiple servers for NA/Europe/Russ

some stuff is better here like personal loot rolls, class balance, more frequent updates (by far). It's been a long journey getting here, though, and more isn't always better.

Lag has been something that has not always been as good IMO, but seems to change more frequently, and AoR certainly has had terrible crashing during forts/sieges.

MayoDaen78

Post#6 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:28 am

Devs in RoR did some modifications also on the mastery path of some classes. So you will see that certain classess that you play in AoR will feel different to classes in RoR. For me I play SM on live, SM on RoR is quite different now, but I personally prefer the RoR version :mrgreen: .

Also the ward system in RoR is quite different. In AoR I still remember your pve and rvr set will provide ward, in RoR, it doesnt work that way.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Wdova

Post#7 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:23 am

MayoDaen78 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:28 am Devs in RoR did some modifications also on the mastery path of some classes. So you will see that certain classess that you play in AoR will feel different to classes in RoR. For me I play SM on live, SM on RoR is quite different now, but I personally prefer the RoR version :mrgreen: .

Also the ward system in RoR is quite different. In AoR I still remember your pve and rvr set will provide ward, in RoR, it doesnt work that way.
While SM on live had better DPS due to double spirit debuff, SM on RoR is much less selfish and SnB has its use here.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

havartii

Post#8 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:48 am

Nothing like original version as far as balance and ttk ect.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:19 am

Game is a quite different from live.
From my understanding I think that Devs don't want to replicates AoR but to create a better version of AoR. This is not AoR.
Zputadenti

Anjanolian

Post#10 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:51 am

Both of them have only same fighting cities/keeps/tiers and environment...and similar visualization of characters... :oops:
...Bride of Khaine...