Recent Topics

Ads

Fort. suggestion

Let's talk about... everything else
Bladepower7

Fort. suggestion

Post#1 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:13 pm

Hello everyone, this post is mostly for the Devs, but everyone's opinion and/or suggestion is obviously welcome :D

I did a lot of Fort. (probably less than other players, but still... a lot) and I noticed the same issue every time we have to defend the zone before Fort. I'm sure many of you already understand what I'm talking about, in those situations, there is 2 kind of player: first, there are players rr70-80 with full Vanquisher and over 1k Vanq. medals that still needs plenty of Invader medals to finish their upgraded set, and they will prefer to let the enemy "take" the zone and play the defense in Fort. for the 4 Invader medals. Then we have "new" players ("new" can be also related to just new character) that aren't 40/40+ or still need plenty of Vanq. medals before thinking to Invader, these players plus some "realm pride" prefer to defend the last zone and push the enemy back.
I actually understand both sides and no one has right or wrong at all, just different priority based on their personal character progression.

How to make everyone happy? That's probably the 1 million dollars question, but I have an idea to make thing more simply and unite the players on the most "roleplay" decision, always try to defend.
The idea is just to give Invader Medals to the faction that successfully defends their last zone before Fort. not Invader bag, just medals (2 should be fine, not 4 like Fort.) with a reward like this the players that only want Invader, will prefer 2 fast medals plus the chance to push to enemy Fort. rather than wait for another hour for the 4 defense medals (reducing the difference to just 2 medals in trade of 1 extra hour or more). I don't know how simple or hard this can be to introduce in the game, but I genuinely believe that will make players more unite during that situation instead of a /region chat full of garbage.

Thanks for your attention and I hope this little change can be introduced in the game, regardless of the decision thx to the devs and all the staff for the hard work for this game that we love :)
Last edited by Bladepower7 on Wed May 29, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Ads
Ototo

Re: Fort. suggestion

Post#2 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:34 pm

There is no real middle ground in this. Those players that now let the zone go to get their medals will be the same that, even asked politely by all the realm to let the zone, once their Invader is complete will defend it to the last blood.

I really don't mind to let a zone go if I can help my comrades, but I'm completely sure that they will not when my time comes, cause that's exactly what's happening in EU prime now that the most hardcore have their sets.

People is selfish individually.
Spoiler:

DanielWinner

Post#3 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:47 pm

The idea of giving Invader rewards for last zones before forts is logical and it should have been implemented from the beginning. Current lock of Invader to fortresses only leads to zerging and zone trading since the main goal is to get to a fort as fast as possible since it's the only way to get your sweaty Invader medals.
Also, for example, every 70+ player should drop Invader medals too.

Current system is irrational. If you defend a last zone, you ruin gearing for everyone, no one get invader so people tend to zerg to get to forts so everyone could gear.
But if defenders were getting invader medals for last zone defense, it would be much more logical since it had a real reason to fight till the end.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

carmine3161

Post#4 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:51 pm

Bladepower7 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:13 pm there are players rr70-80 with full Vanquisher and over 1k Vanq. medals that still needs plenty of Invader medals to finish their upgraded set, and they will prefer to let the enemy "take" the zone and play the defense in Fort. for the 4 Invader medals.
The system that we currently have in place requires these players to build contribution in the last zone in order to get a reservation to partake in the fort or be left taking a chance with the portal.

If you think these players are just letting the enemy take the zone on purpose then in theory they shouldn't be getting the contribution required to even get a reservation.

If these players are still getting enough contribution to get a reservation while they let the enemy take the zone then the faction as a whole is slacking and just letting them take the zone.

My personal experience on the matter is i expected the losing factions to let the enemy push when it came to the final zones but that doesn't always seem to be the case. A lot of the time realm pride seems to be pretty strong and you can see defenses last up till one side logs off. Definitely depends on time zones of course but i only got 24 forts left to go for full invader and from my experience this usually seems to be the case.

If you could show me any evidence of this "win trading" or letting the enemy win you could convince me.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

Bladepower7

Post#5 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:50 am

carmine3161 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:51 pm
The system that we currently have in place requires these players to build contribution in the last zone in order to get a reservation to partake in the fort or be left taking a chance with the portal.

If you think these players are just letting the enemy take the zone on purpose then in theory they shouldn't be getting the contribution required to even get a reservation.
This is true in theory, but in the reality is pretty simple to cheat this, just skirmish during "supply phase" let them get 2 stars, go defense, focus them but never push or attack their ram, you'll get all the contribution you need (even just skirmish in the first phase is enough tbh) and still let them easy pass for the Fort. zone. I'm sure depends on timezone, I saw a lot of strong "realm pride" too, but is "stupid" for everyone and for both faction to do that, that's why I suggest putting invader medals on last zone defense too, to avoid any doubt of what is good and "logic" to do.

As I said before, I hope this is possible and not require massive work to be implemented, regardless of that I'll be happy to play anyway.

Solutar

Post#6 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:11 am

The only issue I have with that solution is that its gets way easyer for defenders to get Invader Set cause more Invader Meds. Game is hard, as it should be, you need to do and think alot to achieve what you want ingame, as it should be, and in my opinion only Forts should give anything related to Invader. If people decide that they want to loose a zone its their decision, a decision that can be changed by others, or themselves depending on how much effort is taken. I like it that way.
Loved by Few,
Hated by Most,
Respected by all.
https://www.twitch.tv/solutar

Alfa1986

Post#7 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:12 am

I understand that the topic starter is unhappy with the fact that some players refuse to protect the last zone in front of the fort and even help the opposite side to speed up the process of collecting medals. but the reasons for this occurrence are not correctly indicated, as they are as follows:
1 . in the process of capturing a fort, there is only a limited part of the community, the rest at this time are simply thrown out of the game process.
2. The fort's fortress or successful defense of the fort does not affect the faction as a whole, but is important only to those who collect inv medals.
3. The capture is carried out by a zerg, and a less numerical fraction cannot provide at least some strong resistance, even if it is better organized and is not low-level pugs.
solutions:
1. in order for the struggle to continue all the time, regardless of the zone, the medals must fall as well as vanq medals, with players of 70+ level of rr, even 80+, and only in zones t4.
2. when capturing a fort for mere participation, not to give medals to the defending side at all, but to give:
-when successfully defending 5 gold bags, 5 violet, 10 blue, 20 green (5 inv medals in a green bag)
- in case of failure 2 gold bags, 2 violets, 5 blue and 10 green.
3. after the zone's location, think up what to occupy the remaining players who for some reason could not get through to the attack / defense of the fort.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Wed May 29, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Bladepower7

Post#8 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:23 am

Solutar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:11 am The only issue I have with that solution is that its gets way easyer for defenders to get Invader Set cause more Invader Meds. Game is hard, as it should be, you need to do and think alot to achieve what you want ingame, as it should be, and in my opinion only Forts should give anything related to Invader. If people decide that they want to loose a zone its their decision, a decision that can be changed by others, or themselves depending on how much effort is taken. I like it that way.
What I suggested was 2 Invader medals for successfully defend the last zone before Fort. it's half the reward of the real Fort, but enough to incentivize players to play normally instead of "hope" the enemy win to go Fort.

I can't see how this can be faster, the fastest method will remain attack and win enemy Fort, 4 medals + bag chance.

Ads
Bladepower7

Post#9 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:27 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:12 am I understand that the topic starter is unhappy with the fact that some players refuse to protect the last zone in front of the fort and even help the opposite side to speed up the process of collecting medals. but the reasons for this occurrence are not correctly indicated, as they are as follows:
1 . in the process of capturing a fort, there is only a limited part of the community, the rest at this time are simply thrown out of the game process.
2. The fort's fortress or successful defense of the fort does not affect the faction as a whole, but is important only to those who collect inv medals.
3. The capture is carried out by a zerg, and a less numerical fraction cannot provide at least some strong resistance.
Personally, I'm on the side of the ppl that hope the enemy will win to get my Invader chance, as I said in the first topic I respect all the ppl that wanna defend for whatever reason, and I always join them even if is completely useless in my opinion.
The problem is that I think it's weird to "hope" the enemy win because you get a better reward in defeat instead of doing your best to win.

Just my opinion, the game go ahead anyway, and soon or later everyone will have the Invader set.

Solutar

Post#10 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:51 am

Bladepower7 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:23 am
Solutar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:11 am The only issue I have with that solution is that its gets way easyer for defenders to get Invader Set cause more Invader Meds. Game is hard, as it should be, you need to do and think alot to achieve what you want ingame, as it should be, and in my opinion only Forts should give anything related to Invader. If people decide that they want to loose a zone its their decision, a decision that can be changed by others, or themselves depending on how much effort is taken. I like it that way.
What I suggested was 2 Invader medals for successfully defend the last zone before Fort. it's half the reward of the real Fort, but enough to incentivize players to play normally instead of "hope" the enemy win to go Fort.

I can't see how this can be faster, the fastest method will remain attack and win enemy Fort, 4 medals + bag chance.
Ah, i see, your first post made it sound as if anyone that is just trying to defend the Zone gets these Meds. In that case im fine with it.
Loved by Few,
Hated by Most,
Respected by all.
https://www.twitch.tv/solutar