Recent Topics

Ads

Been gone a while, how do I catch up?

Let's talk about... everything else
Foomy44

Been gone a while, how do I catch up?

Post#1 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Quit playing before forts were introduced. I hate PvE with a passion and it seems like dungeons and their associated sets are becoming a major part of gearing up. Is it possible to get BiS gear purely through PvP still or is PvE required at this point? I have almost every class at +40 on destro and would gladly stick to just 1 if that's the only one I can gear purely through PvP. I prefer gearing through SCs, not a fan of zerg gameplay, but grinding forts would still be a lot better than grinding dungeons. Thanks in advance!
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
Bladepower7

Re: Been gone a while, how do I catch up?

Post#2 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:12 pm

Best gear for most classes is Invader set, that can be obtained only in Fort. (a lot of Fort. and with a lot... I mean... a lot), but the probably the best possible gear for some classes is a mixed between Invader and Sentinel (dungeon one), but if you wanna do just PVP, the full Invader it's still an awesome set, for the weapon there are the new SC weapon, with actually the highest DPS, but again some dungeon weapon have some nice proc effect (but lower DPS).
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

CountTalabecland

Post#3 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:51 pm

If you managed to get full conqueror, subjagator, and genesis before leaving, then that is more than fine for “gearing up” for most classes. Its not BiS but its good gear that doesn’t involve dungeon/fort grind. ORvR also drops Vanquishers in Gold Bags now so that is something else to strive for if you don’t have it.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

kmark101

Post#4 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:31 pm

I was in the same situation as op, came back 2 weeks ago after like a 6-8 months of hiatus. My prime char is an IB, thus the new sets made my character super inferior in previously BiS gear (due to the high armor values new sets have by default, the IB is a lot weaker class than before... same for a few others who focus on physical damage).

Based on your sign, if you play choppa, invader set is god-tier due to armor bypass proc, thus you have to get it to stay competitive. Other classes that has absolutely zero armor bypass skills/mechanics/sets like IB or BO have to accept the fact that they are a much inferior class now by default due to new armor values. Wish the devs would consider this in the future.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Sulorie

Post#5 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:30 pm

kmark101 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:31 pm My prime char is an IB, thus the new sets made my character super inferior in previously BiS gear (due to the high armor values new sets have by default, the IB is a lot weaker class than before... same for a few others who focus on physical damage).

Based on your sign, if you play choppa, invader set is god-tier due to armor bypass proc, thus you have to get it to stay competitive. Other classes that has absolutely zero armor bypass skills/mechanics/sets like IB or BO have to accept the fact that they are a much inferior class now by default due to new armor values. Wish the devs would consider this in the future.
The gear curve is so flat, new sets don't raise armor high enough to feel a notable difference. This is not live gear stat progression. You make it sound like dmg drops a lot by slotting one more armor talisman. ;)
Dying is no option.

kmark101

Post#6 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:23 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:30 pm
kmark101 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:31 pm My prime char is an IB, thus the new sets made my character super inferior in previously BiS gear (due to the high armor values new sets have by default, the IB is a lot weaker class than before... same for a few others who focus on physical damage).

The gear curve is so flat, new sets don't raise armor high enough to feel a notable difference. This is not live gear stat progression. You make it sound like dmg drops a lot by slotting one more armor talisman. ;)
The gear curve is flat EXCEPT for the armor values, which is a pretty significant increase compared to conqueror set. It is actually quite noticeable for classes that do physical damage and with flat armor debuffs only, for example I can't debuff under the cap anymore (since 99% of the population is running with armor potion up). As a result (for comparison) my IB does 15% less damage than a year ago. Classes that has armor bypass skill of course have no difference, it only affects certain classes.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

ssoul

Post#7 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:51 pm

omg welcome back Chompy 😊
Gitcoin
Lilyflow
Lilypop
Lilywhip

Foomy44

Post#8 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:03 pm

Thx for da info! I can handle slightly subpar stats, I usually prefer to rock a full set anyways instead of mix n matching even if the bonuses aren't worth it, and was especially glad to hear in the other gearing thread that Sovereign will be top tier with no PvE equivalent when it's released. Sounds like destro is hurting for support classes, I'll probably start with Zealot for now since their mechanic makes gearing offspec a lot easier when I get that dps itch (and their DPS doesn't suffer from armor creep).

And howdy Gitcoin, hope to cya in the field soon! WAAAGGH!!!!!!
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
Manatikik

Post#9 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:07 pm

I’d say just bite the bullet over a few weeks and bet full redeye from gunbad. BE/BB are super fast and easy. I personally find the dungeons way more engaging than Forts (though BiS from SC is the dream). At this point no class is solely BiS from one place anymore; my SW needs a mix of invader/vanq/sent to be competitive for example.

SH can be decent with invader/vanq if you’re playing ranged, if you’re going melee Bloodlord from Bastion Stair is looking like a need right now.
<Montague><Capulet>

vianiznice

Post#10 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:16 pm

Bladepower7 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:12 pm Best gear for most classes is Invader set
Invader is niche at best, most classes benefit more from Vanq/Sentinel or Oppressor.