Recent Topics

Ads

PVE Gear > PvP Gear?

Let's talk about... everything else
Josewales

PVE Gear > PvP Gear?

Post#1 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:51 pm

I joined RoR last November as a causal pvper. I left SWTOR after 4 years because to date pve is required grind endgame sets. Plus it did not have incentive ORvR! Only instance match games and arenas.

Since November I had a blast in RoR with surprisingly balanced pop compared to live. Always logging in to fight RvR! And top gear earned via RvR. Perfect!

I appreciate the volunteers efforts.

But now with Bastion incoming, I decided the other day to start on Gunbad. After one run that was enough. No way in hell as a pvper will I grind out the pve wards to have access to endgame gear. There better be a equivalent or better ORvR options, or else it’s time to put another MMO on the shelf in my 20 years of MMO experience.

RVR is built around ORvR! Please Devs do not treat us open pvpers as second class citizens like every other new gen mmo does today.

Be yourself and don’t give into rock paper scissor arena junkies and pvers please. I beg.

Cheers.

Ads
Collateral

Re: PVE Gear > PvP Gear?

Post#2 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:09 pm

There are plenty of pvp sets (and weapons). If you don't like pve so much, you don't have to do it. But I will say that if you're on destro, after gunbad the other set is relatively fast to get (not considering the ring, which you don't need for wards), and the bosses are not that hard.

Fenris78

Post#3 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:13 pm

PvP gear are almost always Best in Stats over PvE ones... Notable exception being PvE sets that bring no real viable alternative, like Beastlord cloak+ring for dps classes, and sometimes Onslaught set (good procs) and marginally RedEye set (wich is now outdated but can be useful for some classes).

Sentinel and future Blood Lord gear are useful in some cases, but mostly (again) for dps classes.
Sentinel ring is BiS for dps classes, since you can slot it with a mega talisman to the cost of doing PvE about 90 minutes per week.

Invader and Vanquisher/Oppressor are unrivaled byt their PvE counterparts, at least if you play main specs.
If you want offensive specs on your toon as side-spec (on healer or tank), PvE sets can be superior to PvP ones, in some cases (some procs and set bonuses got no real counterpart in PvP stuff, but its globally marginal).

Marawo

Post#4 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:23 pm

While i am not the greatest fan of pve myself, it is just another set of content and definetly not needed to be competitive in Orvr, sure there's some nice stuff but most of the gear is catered to offspec of non dps archetypes.
In the end the knowledge of how to play your class and with your team > some minmax from setmix to squeeze out a couple more stat points and that 1% more crit.

PvE is a part of the game and best enjoyed with your guildies, but absolutely not mandatory to get good gear.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#5 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:26 pm

Real end game gear will be sovereign (once we will release city siege) and it will have no pve equivalent. This set will have 2 versions like on live (one main spec , one alt spec) , so don’t worry about pvp players :)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Josewales

Post#6 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Meh with the pacifying.

I am SH RR79 in full Vanq and Genesis. So you are telling me I have to grind dungeons to better my build? Again NTY! Even the Invader breaks up the Genesis set, and turn I feel pressured to get pve trinkets to optimize a build.

Which brings the need to add in a better ORvR trinket set to at least rival. Also if the Bastion set is going to be da bomb, do we need another set to rival? since we have lots of RR70s now, a RR70 set is primed.

Josewales

Post#7 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:26 pm Real end game gear will be sovereign (once we will release city siege) and it will have no pve equivalent. This set will have 2 versions like on live (one main spec , one alt spec) , so don’t worry about pvp players :)
That will be a long wait to to see such completed sets amongst players. Compared to those who are committed to grinding dungeon runs. There will be s great gear imbalance until then imo.

abodam

Post#8 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:39 pm

PvE gear was always better than RvR gear on live until Sovereign rework. PvE was always huge part of the game, no clue why it should be RvR gear > PvE gear, considering you can just afk to get RvR gear atm.
Magus / BG

Ads
Grobbok

Post#9 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:49 pm

abodam wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:39 pm PvE gear was always better than RvR gear on live until Sovereign rework. PvE was always huge part of the game, no clue why it should be RvR gear > PvE gear, considering you can just afk to get RvR gear atm.
coz 90% ppl here are playing this game for rvr not pve
they coming to have fun here not $#%@$%g work
this is game not corpo
lider of Da fat squigs guild

oaliaen

Post#10 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:50 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:26 pm Real end game gear will be sovereign (once we will release city siege) and it will have no pve equivalent. This set will have 2 versions like on live (one main spec , one alt spec) , so don’t worry about pvp players :)
i dream whit this day.... :mrgreen: