Recent Topics

Ads

Turret/Demon Pet Health in RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Zxul

Re: Turret/Demon Pet Health in RvR

Post#11 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:33 pm

There is a reason why instacast daemon tactic is glued in on my magus.

Also, depending on location- using pink daemon and hiding it out of los while still being close enough to you, or using flamer and keeping it out of range (and preferably los) helps.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Zxul wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:33 pm There is a reason why instacast daemon tactic is glued in on my magus.

Also, depending on location- using pink daemon and hiding it out of los while still being close enough to you, or using flamer and keeping it out of range (and preferably los) helps.
Sure is a dam shame we can’t abuse bushes like dwarfs can

Luth

Post#13 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:43 pm

This is the solution presented by the person who made this idiotic change:
Torquemadra wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:41 am
Vraal wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:25 am So with the AOE-reduction for pets being proven non-existant (https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/13186), can we maybe get a revert of the exclusion of pets from groupheal until this is fixed? Current situation is just terrible.
No, you have tactics such as instant spawn, use them.
Link to the forum post; the original post can't be found because Mr. Bias himself purged all his posts before riding into the sunset (btw the forum backup solution seems not to work).

He also claimed at some point that the pet wasn't affected by group effects (buffs/heals) on the mythic servers, which was a plain lie. I guess the post is lost too for above mentioned reasons. Seems like this WL pet had it's own pocket healer over the course of the whole scenario. :roll:

Ekundu01

Post#14 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:09 pm

The only real success i have had with making the pet last longer is having to dedicate tactics towards it and only use the blue horror. And even then it only lasts slightly longer. If you plan to use the pet (really should say turret) you have to waste a tactic slot for instant summon no matter what you are doing IMO. Roaming/scs you move to much to not have it and in sieges you need it because of so much aoe flying around killing it in 2 secs.

I like the uniqueness of the pets giving different options for play style it adds to the class but at the same time we are crippled by the mechanic of the class that makes it unique by having to slot a tactic to make it actually function. If the pet is going to stay the way it is the pet should be baseline instant summon and change the tactic that is instant summon it to an instant 4 stack buff or just eliminate the pets and up the damage to compensate for the loss.
Trismack

mubbl

Post#15 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:19 pm

i dont see anything wrong with tactics for pet and use them, insta summon is must have anyways. It was before pet aoe dmg reduction change. Cause it "negates" a bit of the stationary drawbacks. It would just be nice if the devs would put an eye on it. But since bs is done, maybe someone have time for this now.

wonshot

Post#16 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:36 pm

From an organized Warband perspective. Having engineer as in a DPS spot is just not viable enough due to how "propper aoe dps" will outperform them in fights where the engineer cant get time to setup his turret and build mechanic-stacks.

That is just a fact.

The turret mechanic is working well in stationary fights such as keepwalls, funnels etc. But on the move, you need mobile aoe dps who have class mechanics with a downside to them, that can be managed while still reaping the rewards of their offensive bonuses (BW, Slayer and mirrors)

The fact that you absolutly NEED to slot "instant cast turret" (well-oiled machine) to even attempt on being a real aoe dps in mobile open-field fights is a downside. Add on top of it, that any Global cooldown you attempt by building a turret will be wasted if more than 1 enemy aoe dps gets on top of you and kill your turret.

I understand that powerful class mechanics need to be kept in check to not overperform, but maybe merging a "useless dead tactic" like "reinforced casting" (adds 160wounds to your turret) into "well-oiled machine" would get us closer to bringing one more class into the Warband viable category. I dont know of this change would be enough, but I sure welcome any attempt on bringing other classes up to par.

(edit: also engineer turret stacks scale with napalm potions so maybe this is for the better, so the game doesnt become even more of a consumeable war zzzzz)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Darks63

Post#17 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:49 pm

Reverting the pets don't get hit by group heal would help also.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Tesq

Post#18 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:41 pm

Darks63 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:49 pm Reverting the pets don't get hit by group heal would help also.
or allow pets generally to always be hit in addition after the9 target cap but take a lot reduced dmg from aoe, you know... so pets cant be exploited to reduces target cap but meanwhile they are not living **** in rvr...

just saying in case a dev decide to give it a go......

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#19 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:58 am

Not going to be a popular opinion but I think things are mostly fine.

The whole demon/turret thing is part of the flavor. You give up mobility for what I think is some rather satisfying damage while stationary (plus the utility). The price paid is a pet that falls over regularly. I find it a reasonable exchange for my Magus and Engie and they excel in the thing they are supposed to be good at which is sieges.

Also worth noting that considering SW (and presumably SH...but don't play one) have limited reasons to be in a WB as well, you could argue the problem isn't Magus/Engie are under performing but other classes like BW and Sorc are over-performing ... not like it hasn't happened before.

Crumbs

Post#20 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:28 am

I'm fine with pet mechanics for the most part and how it builds stacks, but instant turrets need to be natively incorporated into magus/engi. Or at the very least 1s cast turrets. 2 s stationary building time, it's 2s for a **** key, that's 4 seconds of casts doing no damage each time just to build up the necessaries
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70