Recent Topics

Ads

Merc Werk?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sharka

Merc Werk?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:41 am

Is mercenary PvP a thing in this game? Yes, I can see how it could work, but do guilds actually pay for that sort of thing? I see some guilds identifying as a merc guild, but wasn’t sure if it was more of an RP thing or not. I just wanted to know before I invest the energy in setting up mercenary contracts for my guild. I have experience with it in EVE, Albion, etc. but didn’t know what the community was like here.

Ads
Ysaran

Re: Merc Werk?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:06 am

What do you mean by "mercenary guild" exactly?
Zputadenti

Glorian

Post#3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:17 am

Ysaran wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:06 am What do you mean by "mercenary guild" exactly?
You set a bounty on a players Characters head. Or kill in RvR to be more precise.
When someone kills the player he sends a screenshot and collects your ingame gold reward for said player.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:33 am

Rather lame that you would have to “hire” others to kill someone you have bad blood with

deaths have no consequences in this game, if I get killed by strangers it’s what ever but I find out you hired people to kill me then I would just find it laughable that your either too scared or incompetent to do it your self

Ysaran

Post#5 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:40 am

Glorian wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:17 am
Ysaran wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:06 am What do you mean by "mercenary guild" exactly?
You set a bounty on a players Characters head. Or kill in RvR to be more precise.
When someone kills the player he sends a screenshot and collects your ingame gold reward for said player.
And what's the point? I mean if you do something like stream snipe to force a person to leave the lake I can understand, but to kill a person just one time is pointless. Someone do this s*** for real?
Zputadenti

Glorian

Post#6 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 pm

It is fun ingame. :)

There was Vepseros Vendetta who had several contracts open. Everything between 20 - 250 Gold if it was an enemies warband leader. It is somekind of personal feeling to even the universe Karma if that SOB also got killed at least once. :)

Arbich
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Mercenary guild sounds more like offering your services to a group on your side in rvr or sc to increase their gaines by providing superior skill, equipment or game knowledge to their group. If you are a well above average Player, it might work. Its a nice idea. Gold is meaningless in this game anyway.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM