Recent Topics

Ads

HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE??? A NONSENSE DUEL

Let's talk about... everything else
NNQM

HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE??? A NONSENSE DUEL

Post#1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 am

My Black Orc rr79 was killed by a 48 KoBS TWICE!
First I was SnB, next time - 2H. I couldn't even manage to deal him any decent damage before defeat. KoBS was 2H.
I wander if it was some kind of a cheater, beacuse I couldn't even imagine such a matchout against a lowlevel charachter my end-game geared BOrc should have squashed in seconds as it always been before. Or maybe that player was so good at one on one skills that it's just the time for me to accept my uselessness and finally uninstall RoR for good?
What do you guys think?

Ads
Glorian

Re: HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE??? A NONSENSE DUEL

Post#2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 am

Not enough informations.

Builds and Gear is important.
I have seen several BO builds with regenrative Gear and stuff that I couldn't dps down with my engi in time till he got me.
So I guess there is something similiar on the 2H Kotbs.

Akilinus

Post#3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 am

Vigilance?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Collateral

Post#4 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:34 am

You don't even have to bother trying to kill a kotbs as bo if he knows how to play, doesn't matter if he's snb or 2h. It's a regen/reflect build, meaning the more damage you try to deal to him, the more you deal to yourself. If a kotbs uses a specific build, he can in fact kill you without a weapon this way. I guess if you build full regen it could be an eternal battle, but what's the point of that.
Last edited by Collateral on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spierron

Post#5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 am

NNQM wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 am Or maybe that player was so good at one on one skills that it's just the time for me to accept my uselessness and finally uninstall RoR for good?
yes

Glorian

Post#6 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:44 am

Collateral wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:34 am You don't even have to bother trying to kill a kotbs as bo if he knows how to play, doesn't matter if he's snb or 2h. It's a regen/reflect build, meaning the more damage you try to deal to him, the more you deal to yourself. If a kotbs uses a specific build, he can in fact kill you without a weapon this way. I guess if you build full regen it could be an eternal battle, but what's the point of that.
Like Collateral suggests.
There are some class 1vs1 where the outcome is to 99% sure. Or totally unfun.

Like if a Bow SH vs a WL.
Snipe Engi vs a regenerative BO or Marauder. The later one even getting healed by your Keg.
RDPS vs a half decent RP or Zealot who hasn't put everything in Willpower but Armor and Wounds.

There are just situations in which you couldn't do anything on a specific matchup. It doesn't matter how good you are. With specific builds on your career you can broaden up the range of other setups you can beat with your class.

For example if you switch from Snipe Engi to Grenadier Engi you can compete vs a lot more builds as you can kite and do heavy dots.

Or in your case a regenerative BO build can kill a lot in 1vs1. But not everything.

Balance Suggestions from "Rock"

Rock 1: I can't beat another Rock, devs please do something there. Scissors is fine though, but paper needs a nerf.

Rock 2: Devs will never nerf Paper. Cause Paper = Dev Class.

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:52 am

Kalvix, is that you? :D

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:07 am

Spierron wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 am
NNQM wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 am Or maybe that player was so good at one on one skills that it's just the time for me to accept my uselessness and finally uninstall RoR for good?
yes
this

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#9 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 am

Hello, NNQM

If you see something suspicious, you report it to GMs so they could investigate it further.
If you think there is a balance issue, you write a structured and thoughtful proposal and then post it on Balance Forum.
If you want to get some answers on any game mechanic, you use Classes section appropriately and ask your questions there clearly.

Wish you luck.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha