Recent Topics

Ads

What Would Make You Roll An Order Tank/Healer?

Let's talk about... everything else
Glorian

Re: What Would Make You Roll An Order Tank/Healer?

Post#11 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:02 am

wonshot wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:48 am As Interesting as it may sound, to attempt to guard an engineer sitting with his gunturret in the same spot for the entire scenario or a Fortress, I rather just not.

#EngineersAreAcurseForOrder
Patience is the engis greatest weapon. :)

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:17 am

I made a SM specifically because there were (and still are) no tanks.

Also the core reason why there are few of them is because Order tanks and healers have garbage aesthetics compared to Destro. No one wants to play them because they look dumb.

Also stop Order needs to stop playing SW, WH, Engi and start playing Slayer and BW. Sadly this has the same problem as the good tank/healer classes: they look like ass.

In fact most of Order's actually strong classes have terrible aesthetics.

DanielWinner

Post#13 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:46 am

Tanks are boring. When I bomb on destro, I usually see tanks in 3 states: hold the line, moral dumping while pushing and last man standing surrounded by bazillion destro.
Some tanks have several interesting skills to use like Whispering Winds and BO’s analog + some self buffs/debuffs but mostly skill set of average deff tank consists of 4-5 skills since 90% of damage skills are useless. So I can’t blame people for not playing SnB tanks.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Osred

Post#14 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:21 pm

I like a chance of actually winning, so I play tanks
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Bladepower7

Post#15 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:52 pm

I personally love SnB tank in rvr, 2h in SC if fine also, depends on person not everyone think that play a low dps class (but still very important) is boring.
Order have a lot of tanks, just the frontline isn't the same because destro have 3 tank class, Mara that's a pretty tough melee dps, and Choppa yolo aoe pull, Order have 3 tanks as well but I see more SM dps than BO so count as 2,5 classes then squishy but deadly slayers and well... WL, that in large scale rvr isn't that great compared to Mara, they are fine but very squishy, so the general impression is that Order doesn't have a solid frontline but that is not because lacks of tanks, we have many, just the average setup of our WBs have few frontliners.
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

CountTalabecland

Post#16 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Mystry wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:17 am I made a SM specifically because there were (and still are) no tanks.

Also the core reason why there are few of them is because Order tanks and healers have garbage aesthetics compared to Destro. No one wants to play them because they look dumb.

Also stop Order needs to stop playing SW, WH, Engi and start playing Slayer and BW. Sadly this has the same problem as the good tank/healer classes: they look like ass.

In fact most of Order's actually strong classes have terrible aesthetics.
Agreed, if even half the dps actually played the good WB dps things would be better.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

FermJR

Post#17 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:19 pm

just a theory, but I think that some order tanks get bored when they become sacrificial lambs in unorganized wbs, order tends to hesitate alot before charging in, if the fight isn't going in their favor they retreat.
seen some brave souls try to make a 4 man tankwall against destr meleetrain
and whenever order backline starts to retreat the poor tanks are left behind.
Birk
RR8x RP

RuffRyder

Post#18 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:31 pm

I have all four archetypes on Order side that I play on a more or less regular basis, rdps and heal is fun and interesting in the most situations, tank is the least satisfying class in oRvR imho and in small-scale (I leveled my tank foremost in SCs through all tiers), like stated already, only interesting with a proper group, else you can simply go solo instead of hunting the ones in your party that you try to guard.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#19 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:24 pm

On live i played tanks and healers on both sides , and here i have ON ORDER 2 s+b TANKS 1 KOBS AND AN ib BOTH s+b around 55 ish they dont get out much, and have a heal WP Drkevorkian. and a 72 BW Heatmizer, plus bunch of lower lvl alts.

A lot of people run with guild/alliance groups, i know i rarely if ever pug anything except for RvR wb when we dont have an alliance one going .

But Funbad, Crypt, tunnels, Bastion Stairs, when i run those its with guildes mostly .

CountTalabecland

Post#20 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:33 pm

I don’t have much play time per day but it does seems easier to get 10+ medals in the mail from lol DPSing than trying to guardbot. I assume it is because PUG dps don’t take much damage comparatively because they are either dead or fleeing or zerging whereas Guild Band play sees prolonged sustained fights where a lot of guard damage is absorbed.

Point being, not only is it PUG guardbotting a thankless task, it is also harder to earn contribution with.

I would also play RP more if he didn’t look like fat gandalf 😭. Mythic should have just made them look like Runesmiths from the TT. WB runis are stacking armor anyhow.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.