Recent Topics

Ads

Fort rewards need to be reworked.

Let's talk about... everything else
madmalky2014
Suspended

Fort rewards need to be reworked.

Post#1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:57 am

Forts have become a bit of a problem that so many people are not commited to make a real fight of it. This is due to the 4 invader win or lose and very low bag drop rate. Increasing the number of invader crest for a win similar to scenarios would encourage the afk brigade to try harder. The bag drop as well is very poor having done almost fifty forts and only ever getting one blue bag is soul destroying. Im not a lazy afk player so i dont know why i keep getting awful rolls. The bag drop should be cumulative similar to keep take so after a few you will get a bag not this unending grind for 4 invader crests. Thank god im nearly full invader im dreading have to do it all again next time around.

Ads
bealmador

Re: Fort rewards need to be reworked.

Post#2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:33 am

I usually don’t write on the forums but I strongly agree with this. If you need invader tokens, it is counter productive to win certain zones if you want to avoid flipping 3 more zones (and countless hours) in your favor in order to get a fort and your medals.
I see this happening quite a lot recently that people go afk and let the other side take the zone and have to admit I also have been going afk or not making an effort so I can get the fort as there is nothing else (besides the renown) I can still get from non fort rvr.

The bag drops are a whole other issue. I have seen it countless times that people that have been afk or in jail for the entire fort get gold bags while people that end up on the ladder pre roll get absolutely nothing. The random roll is fine, especially to give less geared people a shot at gold bags but it has to be scaled down. How it is currently really supports the afk or go to jail and afk mindset. I would even go as far and say that people with not enough contribution (people that go afk especially) shouldn’t even get the 4 invader medals.

Considering that often the sides are unbalanced in forts anyway (while there are people on the portal that can’t get in) it really counts that everyone who is in makes an effort. Nothing is more frustrating than being outnumbered while people are standing afk at the warcamp.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:53 am

Should also make contribution actually count towards bags.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:34 pm

Just wait for the patch notes this week. More will probably change in the coming weeks as well

Bladepower7

Post#5 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Patch hype!
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

wonshot

Post#6 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Out of all the areas that could be improved with forts, I would love for all classes to actually have a useful function in these largescale funnels.

WE/WH/WL and singletarget dps with no viable AoE builds, just become Sandbags who are doing nothing more than taking up a fort-reservation. And with Forts being a step on the way for upcoming city sieges, having too many of these deadweight classes not only is annoying for them to feel useless, its hella annoying to have them on your team aswel

Maybe Fort-related Scenarios with cool carrot for the scenario-playerbase to enjoy for a period of time after a fort is ongoing + abit after?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Gracely

Post#7 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:09 pm

A hope?

Josewales

Post#8 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:19 pm

And zones leading up to fort should have some kind of contribution rewards even not online at the time of Fort battles. Many casuals such as myself do not have hours to play at a time. It would be nice to log into mail rewards similar to Conq/Vanq. One aspect that I appreciated in this game was being rewarded for all time invested. Forts you basically have to be on 24/7 to get the set. What happened now is a two class player base...the haves and the havenots. Thank goodness the Vanq sets for my two high RR characters are good. I would probably quit if I felt gear pressured towards the Invader set... and keep an eye on future changes before coming back. I seen many MMOs where players quit because of these 'elite' issues. Hardcores will try pacifying this argument, but to many of us...this isnt' our first rodeo. We seen many endgame models out there.

Anyways this reply is for constructive criticism. Dont firget why many of us plar RoR. This is one of the reasons.

Cheers.

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#9 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:31 pm

I will lock this one since we got some changes with the patch so let’s test it out.
Give it a week or so and then new discussion threads may happen.

Good luck.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha