Recent Topics

Ads

Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Let's talk about... everything else
Ramasee

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#61 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:39 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:48 pm
If you are that sensitive to words from people you will never meet on a computer game, then I truly envy you, as your life must be great to find such trivial things upsetting.
I once went to a guild party in Australia for a competitive FPS clan I was in that lasted two weeks. I live in USA. I only remember about 2 days of it XD. Also my wife, we met on ESO. Soooooooooooo about that :P

Ads
bwdaWAR

Post#62 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:50 am

adamthelc wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:21 am
Glorian wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:29 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 pm

People with thin skin who can't stand a bit of banter in a PvP game should not be pandered to, particularly when there already exist tools to help them alleviate it. Such people should be encouraged to either grow a spine, or play a singleplayer game - assuming NPC dialogue doesn't have the potential to upset them, too.
And again, in your logic the victim is the problem and should leave the game not the offender.
Ignore is nice and good. Just left me to ignore usually 6 people after a guild event after they loaded their **** on me.
It doesn't make fun to log on if people switch characters to again start their smacktalk.
This is not the endtimes where you have to grow a spine. This is FunTM. And getting shittalked when you log on everyday is not Fun.
The "problem" is the idea that someone is a victim in an anonymous online interaction. Obviously not everyone is going to agree with that statement. We have to realize we live in the real world where some people are overly sensitive. No one is going to change that with a good argument.
Are you implying that "cyberbullying" doesn't exist?

Acidic

Post#63 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:14 am

Anyway game has official discord use that if u need,

However a role play cross realm chat could be amusing, can just imagine running into BT formation (they need to do more of them) and while stepping over the Dwarfs/stepping on them, the dwarf screams and newly formed grudges could make for a good time.
Think I would only trust BT with x-realm chat :)

BeautfulToad

Post#64 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:58 am

It would be cool if warband leaders could have a channel and only they can access the x-realm channel! I do agree the level of salt is bad enough in order/destro whenever they lose a seige or scenario.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#65 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:53 am

Make x-realm chat with same properties as /s limited range, no PMs and etc, this will leave enough window for people to interact with each other, while leaving griefing and most of abusing possibilities out.

Groomahr

Post#66 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Yeah... don't
"No one gets to choose their doom, only how they face it!"

Groomz - Slayer || Hopebringer - WP || Brightblade - SM || Burniece - BW || Zaklith - RP || Kwyll - Chosen

Zod24
Suspended

Post#67 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Dackle

Post#68 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Zaxxond wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:09 pm Quarterly petition for bring back Xrealm say for the July 4th holiday weekend. See hugely increase in player population. It's time. Bring it back.

P.S. Drow still sucks.
If trash talking the other side is what you want, don't you have all the pertinent people in Discord already? Just talk **** to them in Discord? Or is it, you want to talk to the anonymous "baddies" for some reason?

I agree that xrealm chat is as useful as teets on boar hog, unless drama is your thing.

Ads
Martok

Post#69 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:13 pm

I agree with Dackle. Reinstating cross-realm chat would be a terrible idea.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

CountTalabecland

Post#70 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:55 pm

You have Discord.

Why do you need x-realm /say other than to grief more people at once? I feel like this is an E-peen thing where people are way more willing to type anonymous messages to people who can only type back rather than even engage them in a voice chat.

You can still yell loreful roleplay things, does it really matter that the enemy can’t read it? Last I checked Orcs don’t speak Khazalid anyways...
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.