Recent Topics

Ads

Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#51 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 pm

adamthelc wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:58 pm And the potential to hurt feelings of those with thin skin is not debatable.
People with thin skin who can't stand a bit of banter in a PvP game should not be pandered to, particularly when there already exist tools to help them alleviate it. Such people should be encouraged to either grow a spine, or play a singleplayer game - assuming NPC dialogue doesn't have the potential to upset them, too.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#52 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:10 pm

I do not care about cross realm chat. If people want to bicker about which one is worse, stroke each other or laugh at me and tell me I'm **** after I got zerged. That's all cool no problem with that.

Inevitably some puff ball is going to start complaining about how they were offended and how it's the end of the world or whatever and it's going to trigger me. And I find that annoying.

If they bring it back or they dont I am not going to care, but I dont think bringing it back is cool enough to have to subject everyone to emo complaining.

vianiznice

Post#53 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:35 pm

I miss the Xrealm banter. Glad I don't have to see the RP spam though.

wonshot

Post#54 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:37 pm

I wouldnt personally mind it. I had alot of fun with crossrealm talk in Rift on its release, but this sort of function just seems to be alot of additional "paperwork" for the devs. constantly getting contacted with cases of either crossrealm griefing like "hey stealther here watch out", "siege incoming guys" etc.

or the more toxic cases of people treating eachother like dirt.

And honestly, I rather they spend their time and motivation on bettering the game and not give mankind a chance they will blow. but thats just me.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Glorian

Post#55 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:29 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 pm
adamthelc wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:58 pm And the potential to hurt feelings of those with thin skin is not debatable.
People with thin skin who can't stand a bit of banter in a PvP game should not be pandered to, particularly when there already exist tools to help them alleviate it. Such people should be encouraged to either grow a spine, or play a singleplayer game - assuming NPC dialogue doesn't have the potential to upset them, too.
And again, in your logic the victim is the problem and should leave the game not the offender.
Ignore is nice and good. Just left me to ignore usually 6 people after a guild event after they loaded their **** on me.
It doesn't make fun to log on if people switch characters to again start their smacktalk.
This is not the endtimes where you have to grow a spine. This is FunTM. And getting shittalked when you log on everyday is not Fun.

Stophy22

Post#56 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:52 pm

I would sacrifice everything to be zaxxed just once more.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

DokB

Post#57 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 pm

Why not find a middle ground? Revert the cross realm chat but block whispering to enemy realm players?
That way if you wanna **** talk someone, you need to be face to face and you can fight it out.

It’s not ideal but you would still alleviate a lot of the work put on the devs by eliminating the angry rage tell reports (as amusing as some were).
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

zgolec

Post#58 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:12 am

I support x realm chat return.

.... do it on 6th july. Just to piss zaxxx ;]
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#59 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:21 am

Glorian wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:29 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 pm
And again, in your logic the victim is the problem and should leave the game not the offender.
Ignore is nice and good. Just left me to ignore usually 6 people after a guild event after they loaded their **** on me.
It doesn't make fun to log on if people switch characters to again start their smacktalk.
This is not the endtimes where you have to grow a spine. This is FunTM. And getting shittalked when you log on everyday is not Fun.
The "problem" is the idea that someone is a victim in an anonymous online interaction. Obviously not everyone is going to agree with that statement. We have to realize we live in the real world where some people are overly sensitive. No one is going to change that with a good argument.

Flavorburst

Post#60 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:29 am

It feels like Christmas in July with all these falling snowflakes~