Recent Topics

Ads

Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
sioding
Game Master
Posts: 425

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#41 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:22 pm

derail level of thread: 10/10
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

[email protected]

Ads
jasonX
Suspended
Posts: 178

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#42 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:25 pm

As if Order and Destro chats are not toxic, full of trolls and biased enough, bringing them together would be such a great "success" :P.
Please no :P
It wont be 2x drama, it will be drama^2
Last edited by jasonX on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

User avatar
Zaxxond
Legacy RR80
Posts: 422

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#43 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Evidence that the internet wants this to happen. The masses want it back.

#1 on the google search result.

Image
Image

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#44 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 pm

jasonX wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:25 pm
As if Order and Destro chats are not toxic, full of trolls and biased enough, bringing them together and double all the above (toxicity etc) would be such a great "success" :P.
Please no :P
It wont be 2x drama, it will be drama^2
If only there were some function in the game that would help

Lmao @ Zax!
Image

jasonX
Suspended
Posts: 178

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#45 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:36 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 pm
jasonX wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:25 pm
As if Order and Destro chats are not toxic, full of trolls and biased enough, bringing them together and double all the above (toxicity etc) would be such a great "success" :P.
Please no :P
It wont be 2x drama, it will be drama^2
If only there were some function in the game that would help

Lmao @ Zax!
tststs. considering that ignore reduces the effects of drama in a community is in the least naive :). You may disengage yourself of that drama but all the other 99% that will keep reading the drama guy's crying will engage. Either from being affected by his loser-mentality-speech/toxic behavior/grudge or jealousy talk or by just trying to respond to that person. In any way the forums exist as a buffer for such crossrealm drama. This community has enough toxicity as it is within the factions. Removing the buffer and bringing the forum drama in the game wont be good. Just an estimation of course :P. Devs can always try. I would be interested in seeing how it goes (since I wont be the one trying to save the day afterwards :P)
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

User avatar
Stinkyweed
Posts: 381

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#46 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:08 pm

Add SH M2 Unshakeable Focus back for this time period and it may make me log in again :mrgreen:
Stinkyweed SquigHerder rr83
In Conq because I can't get enough INV to wear Warlord+...darnit!!

Sulorie
Posts: 4870

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#47 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm

jasonX wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:36 pm
In any way the forums exist as a buffer for such crossrealm drama. This community has enough toxicity as it is within the factions. Removing the buffer and bringing the forum drama in the game wont be good.
Yeah, then shamans would get blamed for not dying on cross-realm chat. It will take toxicity out of the forums. :mrgreen:
Dying is no option.

User avatar
rmpl
Posts: 766

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#48 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:35 pm

daily reminder that the devs disabled global chat because the gms had too much work to do (not kidding its the actual reason)

Ads
User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 827

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#49 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:58 pm

People are soft if they are getting offended by what others say, but the reallity is some people are soft.

I defy the idea that cross realm chat was that great. Most people have nothing good to say. And if the goal is to talk a little ****, you can get your point across without getting specific.

I'm not saying cross realm chat was totally useless, but it's wasnt as great as people are making it out to have been. And the potential to hurt feelings of those with thin skin is not debatable.

User avatar
Zaxxond
Legacy RR80
Posts: 422

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#50 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:12 pm

adamthelc wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:58 pm
People are soft if they are getting offended by what others say, but the reallity is some people are soft.

I defy the idea that cross realm chat was that great. Most people have nothing good to say. And if the goal is to talk a little ****, you can get your point across without getting specific.

I'm not saying cross realm chat was totally useless, but it's wasnt as great as people are making it out to have been. And the potential to hurt feelings of those with thin skin is not debatable.

One 4 day weekend of Xrealm chat would be great for the server. The people who do not wish to partake for whatever reason that might be can simply update their chat settings. Also, if someone is being toxic, ignore function works really well.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Pappasmurf, Riddle and 68 guests