Recent Topics

Ads

Make Tier 2 and Tier 3 more relevant as a change of pace for end game RVR.

Let's talk about... everything else
Psychopski
Suspended

Make Tier 2 and Tier 3 more relevant as a change of pace for end game RVR.

Post#1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:33 pm

I played WAR from shortly after launch till 2011 or so. It was really refreshing coming back to RoR last year temporarily, but I've recently returned again and have been spending a lot of time in game.

I've been playing daily for the last two or three weeks and I'm already getting tired of playing the same 2 or 3 Tier 4 zones most of the time I'm online. Seems like it's KV every afternoon and evening.

There are a lot of great Tier 2 and Tier 3 zones that just aren't being used to their full potential. Lots of great memories in those zones. Tier 2 and 3 RVR areas could be made more relevant once we leave Tier 1 by working these tiers into the Fortress equation. I recall on PVP servers back at launch we'd take entire T4 Warbands down to T3 zones all the time to do the keeps and to do PQs(dont want PQ relevance back in RVR). It was a great change of pace and kept things from getting stale in T4.

I'd propose the current guys and gals working on RoR consider working T2 and T3 RVR zones into "end game" RVR equation. Those T2 and T3 zones can be quite fun, are mostly going to waste, and again, a change of pace from the same 2 or 3 T4 zones every single day is really needed. I'm not suggesting implementing a progressive requirement of needing to do all of T2, then all of T3, then all of T4 being required prior to unlocking the Fort. Rather, either randomly or systematically, consider working in a SINGLE Tier 2 or Tier 3 keep/zone into the fortress equation with every Fort push. Consider this concept, if it's possible, and then go from there.

Making T2 and T3 more relevant and/or required in some part for forts would spice things up a bit and would put all that under utilized real estate back into play, which would add a lot of content to "Tier 4"/ROR end game RVR.
Last edited by Psychopski on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Make Tier 2 and Tier 3 more relevant as a change of pace for end game RVR.

Post#2 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:47 pm

They are already parts of the endgame progression - you need to lock T2 and T3 to have access to T4 maps and Forts after that.

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:49 pm

Hargrim wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:47 pm They are already parts of the endgame progression - you need to lock T2 and T3 to have access to T4 maps and Forts after that.
I must have really bad timing when I log on. I've been on almost daily for the last two weeks. Once I've got out of Tier 1 I've yet to find a "T4" Warband or see in T2/T3 chat any Warbands operating in those zones.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Psychopski wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:49 pm
Hargrim wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:47 pm They are already parts of the endgame progression - you need to lock T2 and T3 to have access to T4 maps and Forts after that.
I must have really bad timing when I log on. I've been on almost daily for the last two weeks. Once I've got out of Tier 1 I've yet to find a "T4" Warband or see in T2/T3 chat any Warbands operating in those zones.

Current campaign looks like this:

People with levels 16+ can play in any zone, you need to lock T2 and T3 in the same pairing before you get access to the middle T4 zone.

zgolec

Post#5 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:58 pm

T2/T3 are often ggave up - just to push things to t4 and eventually forts. If t2/t3 lock side had some buffs on fort [like buffed/debuffed lord] it would matter lot more not be just a necessary bridge to fort...
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Kragg

Post#6 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:48 pm

zgolec wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:58 pm T2/T3 are often ggave up - just to push things to t4 and eventually forts. If t2/t3 lock side had some buffs on fort [like buffed/debuffed lord] it would matter lot more not be just a necessary bridge to fort...
Huh? Some of the biggest battles take place in those tiers. The zones are smaller,and if one side is stronger then fall fast. I even prefer t2 and 3 zones over tier 4 zones, as of late :D
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

uanaka

Post#7 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:59 pm

I agree that T2/T3 are typically zones where fighting will actually take place. But like mentioned before, since it's a small zone if you have a really dominant force it's easy to spawn camp the war camp and have sieges. Also, it may seem like they are being given up because the majority of RVR players might be in a separate T4 zone trying to push to a fort. So most of the time it ends up as PvDoor.

zgolec

Post#8 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:28 pm

Kragg wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:48 pm
zgolec wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:58 pm T2/T3 are often ggave up - just to push things to t4 and eventually forts. If t2/t3 lock side had some buffs on fort [like buffed/debuffed lord] it would matter lot more not be just a necessary bridge to fort...
Huh? Some of the biggest battles take place in those tiers. The zones are smaller,and if one side is stronger then fall fast. I even prefer t2 and 3 zones over tier 4 zones, as of late :D
Quite often i witnessed opposite as mentioned. But again - if they are so fun to play making them have impact on latter tiers [or fort] would add more to their relevancy [buff/debuff lords in either fort or t4 keeps].
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads