Should I attempt this game again?

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Should I attempt this game again?

Post#41 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:58 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:54 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:52 pm

unfortunately zone lock are open rvr and warband vs warband not 6v6. So yeah smallscale is irrelevant.
You should mention that then, because saying 'balance is pathetic' is rather all-encompassing. Also, largescale balance isn't as bad as people make it out to be, though I do agree that some classes (b]on both sides[/b]) need some love/defined role for WB play. There just aren't enough people playing in tight-knit, min-max WBs, so it's easier to attribute their losses and failings to XYZ when their experiences are always pug.
well considering as melee dps is a living hell unless half warband babysit you, that means they are balancing a class on "setup and babysit" rather than singular player skill. Multiply ti for 30 peoples in open rvr area and you got the balance screwed.
All classes are balanced around playing with others, so to suggest that it only pertains to melee is disingenuous. Bombing BW/Sorc also need to be 'babysitted', so it isn't something that exists only for melee DPS.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#42 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:02 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:00 pm

You should mention that then, because saying 'balance is pathetic' is rather all-encompassing. Also, largescale balance isn't as bad as people make it out to be, though I do agree that some classes (b]on both sides[/b]) need some love/defined role for WB play. There just aren't enough people playing in tight-knit, min-max WBs, so it's easier to attribute their losses and failings to XYZ when their experiences are always pug.
well considering as melee dps is a living hell unless half warband babysit you, that means they are balancing a class on "setup and babysit" rather than singular player skill. Multiply ti for 30 peoples in open rvr area and you got the balance screwed.
All classes are balanced around playing with others, so to suggest that it only pertains to melee is disingenuous. Bombing BW/Sorc also need to be 'babysitted', so it isn't something that exists only for melee DPS.
I ll be more direct... please try choppa /slayer NOT on max gear and look. I am level 26 rr3 and even enemy healers 3shot me lol...

peterthepan3

Post#43 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:02 pm

I ll be more direct... please try choppa /slayer NOT on max gear and look. I am level 26 rr3 and even enemy healers 3shot me lol...
Highlighted the main issue. If healers are 3-shotting you, then you should stop playing in pug warbands where healer & tank skill level is in a constant state of flux/where healers don't exist.

You are playing the most group-dependant class in the game, so if you are not playing with good healers and tanks to really get the most out of it, then that is your issue.

Asherdoom

Post#44 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:16 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Highlighted the main issue. If healers are 3-shotting you, then you should stop playing in pug warbands where healer & tank skill level is in a constant state of flux/where healers don't exist.

You are playing the most group-dependant class in the game, so if you are not playing with good healers and tanks to really get the most out of it, then that is your issue.
sure now the issue is not having pocket heal and tank... not giving ccorrect boost to lowbies... please.... adn maybe you ebnver realized it but mostof this game is PUG based because guilds are almost dead due to low members counts.

peterthepan3

Post#45 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:16 pm

sure now the issue is not having pocket heal and tank... not giving ccorrect boost to lowbies... please.... adn maybe you ebnver realized it but mostof this game is PUG based because guilds are almost dead due to low members counts.
So let's change how the class has functioned for the better part of 10 years just because people don't want to play in proper group/warband setups anymore. Okay.

Let's really go down that route, and give every class access to heals, heavy armor & a bubble that can absorb 3000000 damage (30 second CD), because why should you be forced to play with other people to get the most out of your class? The fact that the game is predicated on people joining groups, warbands & guilds to fight a war doesn't mean anything! The fact that the genre is a MMO means nothing, too!

Let's really dumb down the PvP so that RoR's transformation into Pughammer is complete. That sounds great, right?!
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

adamthelc

Post#46 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:21 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:52 pm

unfortunately zone lock are open rvr and warband vs warband not 6v6. So yeah smallscale is irrelevant.
That's not a balance issue. That is a role that has an inherent downside in a specific situation. Understand the difference and play accordingly.

Asherdoom

Post#47 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:24 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:18 pm

So let's change how the class has functioned for the better part of 10 years just because people don't want to play in proper group/warband setups anymore. Okay.

Let's really go down that route, and give every class access to heals, heavy armor & a bubble that can absorb 3000000 damage (30 second CD). Let's really dumb down the PvP.
i did not say that but make that boost your e giving to lowbies count. And if a class worked that way 10 years MAYBE worked BAD oin those 10 years did you not ahve the doubt? Look other MMORPGS how many times calsses have been redesigned and balanced [wow, rift, etc] to compensate some defects or gameplay cahnges.
Giving always the answer "you roll calss that need half warband to git gud" is the typical stupid answer tof someoen witha a close mentality and i' ll leave it there as it is.

peterthepan3

Post#48 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:26 pm

The Slayer/Choppa have largely been fine when people have played them properly, i.e. with the necessary support that their Mechanic requires (same is true of BW/Sorc, too). If you are having difficulty grasping how the Slayer/Choppa Mechanic works, then you should play a more self-sufficient class, like the Marauder.

On the contrary, having a closed mind is when you are upset that you are dying as a RR3 Choppa in PUG environments, and instead of trying to rectify this on an individual level (playing with others, leveling your bloody RR before entering RvR, using pots), you demand that widespread changes are made so as to appease you, and your experience.

To reiterate: there are other classes available to play that are better suited to this sort of mentality.
Spoiler:
There's a reason why Live WoW is regarded as a piece of trash compared to the earlier versions, and one need only look at how popular WOTLK & Vanilla private servers are to see this.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#49 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:15 am

choppa/slayer have the same problem at 40/80 so it's not a problem of underboosting the lowbies. If you want to play slayer/choppa solo then dont go in pug wb. find good solo-build and go pug sc. Choppa/slayer have the highest damage (maybe the second highest, see BW/Sorc) output in game and shouldn't be able to survive much without proper support
In addition i hope that you meant RR30, becouse to enter in T4 without less than %0 chance to be critted as a choppa is pure madness
Zputadenti

Sulorie

Post#50 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:35 am

Not sorry to say but this is entirely your own fault as a player and not even remotely based on being low level.
If you made a typo and would have been rr30 instead, with appropriate gear, you could own ppl, even pug rank 40s.
RR3, wow, this like playing 1 t1 sc at lvl1 and then never doing any pvp at all.
With this foundation you expect not to die in pvp? You basically lack all pvp experience!
Dying is no option.