Recent Topics

Ads

I have to say it

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Re: I have to say it

Post#11 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:40 am

Aceboltz wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:24 am People making general conclusions based on a 20 minutes totally subjective play session.

Admins failing to see order is just better when they can list what order has better and have nothing in the "what destro does better column".

This topic lol.
who played 20 minutes?
what admint failed at what?
have you read this topic or you are just guessing what it's content is?
Zputadenti

Ads
Manatikik

Post#12 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:41 am

Aceboltz wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:24 am People making general conclusions based on a 20 minutes totally subjective play session.

Admins failing to see order is just better when they can list what order has better and have nothing in the "what destro does better column".

This topic lol.
Here’s just a random list off the top of my head destro does better:

- melee train
-wounds debuff
-armor debuff
-morale drain (open ground)
-morale pump
-kiting
-ranged st damage
-constant snare
-Pulls

Again, just off the top of my head. Most of these are utility WB stuff though and Order does plenty better than Destro as well. Both sides have pros and cons and anyone screaming bloody murder is just pretty biased at this point (not saying balance is perfect or even close, just not a clear bias for one side).
<Montague><Capulet>

Ysaran

Post#13 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:15 am

Manatikik wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:41 am

This topic lol.
Here’s just a random list off the top of my head destro does better:

- melee train
-wounds debuff
-armor debuff
-morale drain (open ground)
-morale pump
-kiting
-ranged st damage
-constant snare
-Pulls

Again, just off the top of my head. Most of these are utility WB stuff though and Order does plenty better than Destro as well. Both sides have pros and cons and anyone screaming bloody murder is just pretty biased at this point (not saying balance is perfect or even close, just not a clear bias for one side).
Don't forget the most important thig: destroy look super cool
Zputadenti

bwdaWAR

Post#14 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:54 am

I found both sides very toxic. Due to the nature of... well, how toxic people work, they tend to be also the loudest and generally easiest to notice. For a better atmosphere you have to invest some time and trial-and-error to find the people, who are always there even in really horrible communities, who you can get along with.
Perhaps having known such people in the first realm to play, after having spent a lot of time there, and communicating with them chiefly rather than the general public you start out with is behind the sort of experience people in this thread describe?

Dackle

Post#15 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:40 pm

anarchypark wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:37 am
Yaliskah wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:40 am
Spoiler:
Well. for the fisrt time on Warhamme Online i focused on Order character. I play it actively since 45 days (probably losing my guildleader statut on destro...).

Purpose was to understand and make my own opinion about those OP classes all a realm complains about.

Take all of the following as a player's observation. You may not share it, or having a different experience but here are my conclusions.

As the original poster, have been surprised. Experience is pretty different. And surprised cause i think player on one side are almost the same i could cross on the other.

Must admit Order classes seems a bit easier to take in charge in their mechanics (it seems easier to find an effective rotation)and their synergy are more obvious than on destro side. Past this difference, general realm class balance is almost the same. Order have some situationnal OP classes, and destro too.

So about balance from a realm vs realm perspective, it is quite balanced. Don't misunderstand me : From a character perspective, some nails exceed on both side. But those nails seems to have -depending situations / depending their group- major weak points too. More than a OP class, there are some OP character names. Often the same.

About /ad, whatever the side, repproaches are exactly the same "other realm is OP, devs are biased""XRealmer, yada yada" is the lightmotive.

In term of communication/organisation, maybe order earn a point. It is a little bit more structured about information and objectives than destro. Probably leading to the "zerg" at some point. Maybe order is more passive/defensive than destro in ORvR.

Fighting as smallscale seems easier and more engaging on order side than on destro for a simple reason : There are more small groups (3-12) on destro to fight against, than on order. Muuuuuuuuuuch more. Order side is more Warband based (not always super organised or reactive, as in destro).

In Sc, whatever the side it is the same mess depending the composition.

give it more time.
I think it's still grass is greener effect.
when i first played destro, i had same conclusion.
their mechanic seemed simple, synergy seemed better, not over complicated, easy mode than order.

in the end, it depend on good players number.
and good players know which class have upper hand or require less effort to do things.

@OP
both realm have toxic players.
who have more helpers, that's difference.
in role playing pov, order are good, destro are evil.
maybe that's why destro have closed community. they don't help outside of guild.
It's mportant to note that the toxic player/s you mention probably have characters on both side and bring their toxicity with them, sometimes with an even greater flare.

roadkillrobin

Post#16 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:52 pm

The demographic playing this game is competative players and competetiveness easily leads to elitism, which leads to toxic behaviours. It's that simple.
Playing another MMO atm that doesn't have the competative edge and the toxcicity is by far much less.

TenTonHammer

Post#17 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:57 pm

I had a laugh when I read the ops post

There’s assholes on both sides there’s nice people on both sides

Wanna see the ugly side of order? wait for a failed push and watch the chat and suddenly it’s all the tanks fault for going 2H, or because everyone and their mother is a SW, BW or dps AM so “we have no frontline” everyone and their mother is suddenly an armchair general and it’s all the sub 40’s in the pug warbands fault so let’s kick em

TenTonHammer

Post#18 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:08 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:52 pm The demographic playing this game is competative players and competetiveness easily leads to elitism, which leads to toxic behaviours. It's that simple.
Playing another MMO atm that doesn't have the competative edge and the toxcicity is by far much less.
?

No a vast vast majority of the game is pugging casual play if it wasn’t then the majority of competitive warbands like phalanx wouldn’t have left and Peter wouldn’t be crying all the time for someone to 6v6 him :P

The simple truth is that people are just jerks

Ads
flintboth

Post#19 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:14 pm

And goblin fault.
When I log on my goblin charaters I become more bitchy than I am in real life, warhammer world is really too immersive I suggest.

Ask to lesti, when he play his engi he look just a little bastard but when he play his goblin... damn he is a chaos dwarf in mind.

When I play my runy I help everyone but when I play my shaman I just healin Witch Elf and Sorceress and the one who are focused before me just to escape my self, if I m targeted I rezz a random guy and just flee fasta.

There are many good jokes to do in games and is more easy to do them when you playin on destro side.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Acidic

Post#20 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:26 pm

For my 2 cents worth.

When I leveled a WL (now deleted) I found the same general feel on Order as with Destro.
Certain players are loud and forming the casual chat reader readers experience.

Destro have a number of know toxic and self important idiots who poison the environment , I saw pretty much the same thing on order.

As for classes .... well won’t go there :)