Recent Topics

Ads

I have to say it

Let's talk about... everything else
Martok

Re: I have to say it

Post#21 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:37 pm

anarchypark wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:37 ammaybe that's why destro have closed community. they don't help outside of guild.

This. I would like to acquire Sentinel gear for my Destruction toon, but seriously doubt I ever will because I seriously doubt I will ever be able to get past the Gunbad lockouts. Not part of the clique.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Wam

Post#22 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Martok wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:37 pm
anarchypark wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:37 ammaybe that's why destro have closed community. they don't help outside of guild.

This. I would like to acquire Sentinel gear for my Destruction toon, but seriously doubt I ever will because I seriously doubt I will ever be able to get past the Gunbad lockouts. Not part of the clique.
https://discord.gg/FEwJvX

8-)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

roadkillrobin

Post#23 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:04 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:08 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:52 pm The demographic playing this game is competative players and competetiveness easily leads to elitism, which leads to toxic behaviours. It's that simple.
Playing another MMO atm that doesn't have the competative edge and the toxcicity is by far much less.
?

No a vast vast majority of the game is pugging casual play if it wasn’t then the majority of competitive warbands like phalanx wouldn’t have left and Peter wouldn’t be crying all the time for someone to 6v6 him :P

The simple truth is that people are just jerks
I don't agree with that. People aren't in general jerks. People starting to behave like that cos of cultural reasons. In WAR's case i believe it's mostly to do with the competitive edge that makes people feel above others and that leads to elitist behavior. I also kinda have to clarify that being competitive doesn't mean you're good in any way, just that you really wants to win.

I was in Phalanx and most people in there weren't elitist or anything like that. We weren't even in a very "competitive mindset". All we wanted was to have fun time playing. Then ofc, cos we did end up pulling a lot of weight for our realm by just being organized compared to most other warbands, and cos people couldn't really beat us with running 6man group comps and specs, they started to accuse us of all possible things. Staff generally sided with the 6mans and we got pissed off and that's when it started to derail slightly. A lot of us just became frustrated and didn't care about the customary anymore. I wasn't playing when Phalanx ended but i'm sure it wasn't due to lack of opposition. But rather frustration of having to consistently argue about everything just to be able to keep playing the game our way. That lead to a bunch of people making some weird decisions.

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:09 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:52 pm The demographic playing this game is competative players and competetiveness easily leads to elitism, which leads to toxic behaviours. It's that simple.
Playing another MMO atm that doesn't have the competative edge and the toxcicity is by far much less.
RoR's chief demographic has never been competitive lmao, and if you sincerely think anything on RoR has been truely 'toxic', I doubt you have ever played any other MMO, or MOBAs.

RoR's largest demographic has always been 28 year-old+ casual players since its conception; to suggest otherwise is simply bollocks. It is the least competitive MMO you could ever hope to find.

Attributing players being self-centred cunts to some imaginary, overarching elitist mentality that you believe has permeated among the masses is just topkek.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adamthelc

Post#25 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:40 pm

The people are the same. The difference is how you percieve them.

If you think order is all good people and destro is full of human trash, play order.

tazdingo

Post#26 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:31 pm

i've always found ror to be a place to escape toxicity... have you guys played a modern lobby based game?

Twyxx

Post#27 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:18 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:09 pm
RoR's chief demographic has never been competitive lmao, and if you sincerely think anything on RoR has been truely 'toxic', I doubt you have ever played any other MMO, or MOBAs.

RoR's largest demographic has always been 28 year-old+ casual players since its conception; to suggest otherwise is simply bollocks. It is the least competitive MMO you could ever hope to find.

Attributing players being self-centred cunts to some imaginary, overarching elitist mentality that you believe has permeated among the masses is just topkek.
I think the reason that it's perceived this way is that the people who are well-known on the server for being competitive players tend to have the most widely heard voices. I don't disagree that those who play more competitively are generally not as nice as pugs. Therefore, even if the whole realm mostly consists of kind and helpful players, that doesn't necessarily matter if the most well-known people make other players perceive a general toxic atmosphere.

Fey

Post#28 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:46 pm

This game is not even in the same Galaxy of toxicity as League. I havent played LoL in probably 3-4 years, but I remember it vividly. Mid Lane and top Lane we're never an option, bot Lane DPS was open sometimes. Mostly plated supp or jungle.

Playing jungle was just utter cancer. Get blamed for everything, missed gank, get caught, the sun sets. It's all your fault. I quit 3 lane and happily played ARAM for a few years. Then the virulent poison infected that game mode as well.

Now I play HotS once in awhile, yes you should laugh. MOBAs just lend themselves to toxic behavior because it's the same thing I got from old League. This game just has the standard trolls, not the filth you'll get in a MOBA.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:02 pm

I'll just pop in to remind ya'll that we've had open GM positions for years, just lack of quality applicants, and we still hired a couple of those anyway.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

adapter
Suspended

Post#30 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:16 pm

this game is not toxic at all, besides just a few ones that like to talk trash after loosin a scenario or keep.

i miss xrealm chat, that shiit is so funny, to spice things up and make rivalries more entertaining
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon