Recent Topics

Ads

I have to say it

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

I have to say it

Post#1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:22 am

I am a hardcore Destro from Live I will always have a place in my heart for this faction. I have always had a few alts on order mostly to learn my enemy's bag of tricks. I am really enjoying the comradery on order.. is really nice, people respect each other and help out. example, resources are held till many can get the rewards.. This NEVER happens on destro, often you will hold a point till it generates and someone will gank it from you. Not sure if anyone else feels a difference.. but I do .. and appreciate the order peeps who make it welcoming and fun.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Martok

Re: I have to say it

Post#2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:01 am

I recently began investing a significant amount of my gaming time in the Destruction realm, and I have to admit the overall realm experience is quite different.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

redemaan

Post#3 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:03 am

I levelled a few order toons to start with then switched to destro because it looked like they needed the numbers. The difference is like night and day. Destro is toxic. I find the toxicity amusing in its own way though. I'm pretty sure its just a vocal minority though causing this.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:40 am

Well. for the fisrt time on Warhamme Online i focused on Order character. I play it actively since 45 days (probably losing my guildleader statut on destro...).

Purpose was to understand and make my own opinion about those OP classes all a realm complains about.

Take all of the following as a player's observation. You may not share it, or having a different experience but here are my conclusions.

As the original poster, have been surprised. Experience is pretty different. And surprised cause i think player on one side are almost the same i could cross on the other.

Must admit Order classes seems a bit easier to take in charge in their mechanics (it seems easier to find an effective rotation)and their synergy are more obvious than on destro side. Past this difference, general realm class balance is almost the same. Order have some situationnal OP classes, and destro too.

So about balance from a realm vs realm perspective, it is quite balanced. Don't misunderstand me : From a character perspective, some nails exceed on both side. But those nails seems to have -depending situations / depending their group- major weak points too. More than a OP class, there are some OP character names. Often the same.

About /ad, whatever the side, repproaches are exactly the same "other realm is OP, devs are biased""XRealmer, yada yada" is the lightmotive.

In term of communication/organisation, maybe order earn a point. It is a little bit more structured about information and objectives than destro. Probably leading to the "zerg" at some point. Maybe order is more passive/defensive than destro in ORvR.

Fighting as smallscale seems easier and more engaging on order side than on destro for a simple reason : There are more small groups (3-12) on destro to fight against, than on order. Muuuuuuuuuuch more. Order side is more Warband based (not always super organised or reactive, as in destro).

In Sc, whatever the side it is the same mess depending the composition.

Likeaboss

Post#5 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:08 am

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:40 am Purpose was to understand and make my own opinion about those OP classes all a realm complains about.

Must admit Order classes seems a bit easier to take in charge in their mechanics (it seems easier to find an effective rotation)and their synergy are more obvious than on destro side.
I'd like to read your real conclusion, not that text to appease the community...
But i understand that this isnt possible.

I agree with you, the order mechanics is sometimes easier, and so you find an fitting rotation pretty easy. For me that isnt a + point for Order... Rotations like the Marauder has is harder than the WL's one, but in party fights it is 10 times more effective.

in a more difficult rotation there is a much bigger potential :geek:

My highest Chars are all on Destro... and i was active until Choppa patch...
would be a pleasure if the destro community would be able to discuss this realistic and constructive, but that is not possible...

Asked my guild why play choppa now and not make a statement by refusing to play choppa with the new fotm spec?
Answer i got was: "Nerf Rampage"
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

RedKnox

Post#6 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:24 am

I had the exact opposite experience of the communities. I started as Order on this server, after playing Destro on live, and I found the Order community to be toxic. Destro is by no means better on the toxicity in Advice or RvR channels, but I have been approached by people willing to help out and chill, something which never happened to me on Order.
Asusia, Warrior-Priest
Heralda, Knight

Vatroskja, Magus
Pazghul, Blackguard

Ysaran

Post#7 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:57 am

RedKnox wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:24 am I had the exact opposite experience of the communities. I started as Order on this server, after playing Destro on live, and I found the Order community to be toxic. Destro is by no means better on the toxicity in Advice or RvR channels, but I have been approached by people willing to help out and chill, something which never happened to me on Order.
me too. i started to play on RoR one year ago with a mara and i really loved the community but i found the slayer appearence soo cool that i decided to switch side and to rol a slayer. Once switched side i was astonished, there were no open wb, only premade. no one aswered my question on /ad, and no one answered me on /5. i found only dead guilds. In the end i rolled a choppa and found a supportive community on destro and a living guild
Zputadenti

Aceboltz

Post#8 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:24 am

People making general conclusions based on a 20 minutes totally subjective play session.

Admins failing to see order is just better when they can list what order has better and have nothing in the "what destro does better column".

This topic lol.

Ads
flintboth

Post#9 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:36 am

+
If you have beginner's questions or comment you will be trolled on destro chat, on order chat just ignored but there are always some players to give good tips on both realms.

If you play with a new character name is more hard to find good advice and help if your character is an old one and his name knew by your realm that is more easy to find help and tips, on both side.
War is everywhere ! you have to win the trust from others.

I like to play the both realm because characters have differents mecanics (I don't play WL , too easy and OP), running an open wb on both side is the same for me.
Last edited by flintboth on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

anarchypark

Post#10 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:37 am

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:40 am
Spoiler:
Well. for the fisrt time on Warhamme Online i focused on Order character. I play it actively since 45 days (probably losing my guildleader statut on destro...).

Purpose was to understand and make my own opinion about those OP classes all a realm complains about.

Take all of the following as a player's observation. You may not share it, or having a different experience but here are my conclusions.

As the original poster, have been surprised. Experience is pretty different. And surprised cause i think player on one side are almost the same i could cross on the other.

Must admit Order classes seems a bit easier to take in charge in their mechanics (it seems easier to find an effective rotation)and their synergy are more obvious than on destro side. Past this difference, general realm class balance is almost the same. Order have some situationnal OP classes, and destro too.

So about balance from a realm vs realm perspective, it is quite balanced. Don't misunderstand me : From a character perspective, some nails exceed on both side. But those nails seems to have -depending situations / depending their group- major weak points too. More than a OP class, there are some OP character names. Often the same.

About /ad, whatever the side, repproaches are exactly the same "other realm is OP, devs are biased""XRealmer, yada yada" is the lightmotive.

In term of communication/organisation, maybe order earn a point. It is a little bit more structured about information and objectives than destro. Probably leading to the "zerg" at some point. Maybe order is more passive/defensive than destro in ORvR.

Fighting as smallscale seems easier and more engaging on order side than on destro for a simple reason : There are more small groups (3-12) on destro to fight against, than on order. Muuuuuuuuuuch more. Order side is more Warband based (not always super organised or reactive, as in destro).

In Sc, whatever the side it is the same mess depending the composition.

give it more time.
I think it's still grass is greener effect.
when i first played destro, i had same conclusion.
their mechanic seemed simple, synergy seemed better, not over complicated, easy mode than order.

in the end, it depend on good players number.
and good players know which class have upper hand or require less effort to do things.

@OP
both realm have toxic players.
who have more helpers, that's difference.
in role playing pov, order are good, destro are evil.
maybe that's why destro have closed community. they don't help outside of guild.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)