Recent Topics

Ads

Siege should damage structures

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

Siege should damage structures

Post#1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:17 am

This meta of aoe doorways is boring a/f , if siege destroyed structures (say rock lobba) to a side of building .. even if it was slower..people would not be able to run stupid aoe meta for doorways.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Toshutkidup

Re: Siege should damage structures

Post#2 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:20 am

I agree, one of the biggest thing I miss from DAOC is how the siege mechanic worked. However I doubt they can do anything on ROR as AoR didnt have it implemented either.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:29 am

Unfortunately this isn’t the battlefield series

Destroyable map terrain isn’t a thing

dalen
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:31 am

Could possibly add siege towers to RvR instead. They actually have models in game and wouldn't be that different to rams/cannons in regards to towing them around, so likely a lot easier to add.

I mean, they could become available at keep rank 4 or something.
Source Developer

Hargrim
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 am

dalen wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:31 am Could possibly add siege towers to RvR instead. They actually have models in game and wouldn't be that different to rams/cannons in regards to towing them around, so likely a lot easier to add.

There are only O&G towers as far as I remember.

dalen
Developer

Post#6 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:46 am

Hargrim wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 am
dalen wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:31 am Could possibly add siege towers to RvR instead. They actually have models in game and wouldn't be that different to rams/cannons in regards to towing them around, so likely a lot easier to add.

oh, that's a pity :(

Are you open to the idea if someone creates more models? :)
Source Developer

Hargrim
Developer

Post#7 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:49 am

dalen wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:46 am Are you open to the idea if someone creates more models? :)

We are currently unable to create any new animated models. As of, if we are open - it's hard question, currently we want to finish the campaign (add city sieges) and after that move back and maybe fix stuff in campaign that might need fixing. I'm not sure if this is good way to approach this, but it's something we (the team) considered in the past.

anarchypark

Post#8 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:03 am

praag have chaos siege tower near north keep.
chaos ch22 have different version of it i think.
empire have steamtank mounting griffon ladder.

dwarves copter or they can dig miner hole under the wall.
elves... grow big tree next to wall ?
heh imagination gone too far.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Onemantankwall

Post#9 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:16 am

Hargrim wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 am

How about just opening all bottom floor posterns you did it for lord room 1st floor needs a fix before city drops or neither side will rarely see city
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

DirkDaring

Post#10 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:09 am

Thats the one thing i didnt like coming from DAOC, was how here we could only attack the door, when in DAOC, we could destroy the walls, as well to breech the keep.

Matt Firor one of the main designers of DAOC, from 1995- 2006 , then he moved on to Zenimax and developed Elder scrolls online , which Cryodill resembles the Frontiers from DAOC,complete with Relic runs etc as well as Imperical city, similar to Darkness falls , as well as the keeps, outposts etc which any wall can be destroyed to breech the structure. the same as DAOC.

Even Guild wars 2 had that, walls able to be destroyed to gain entrence to the keep, as well as repairs, and Relic runs,

Its a shame they didnt bring the structure destruction and repair to Warhammer, too. they had door repair with the wood aspect, and bulking the doors for tanks . but no wall destruction.