Recent Topics

Ads

[Beginner's Question] All-sufficient and self-reliant?

Let's talk about... everything else
Hargrim
Developer

Re: [Beginner's Question] All-sufficient and self-reliant?

Post#11 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:05 pm

chokeanutsman wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:02 pm
Hargrim wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:59 pm
chokeanutsman wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:57 pm Self-sufficient + Easy Solo Roam + Easy SCs that are garbage in design = Order

Funny way to spell destro right there.
I'm open to being proved wrong, but I need solid proof such as videos.

I don't think Destro is superior to 1v1s because they don't have WL. IF there is a destro class that can reliably kill WL (Excluding WE, which is probably the only real 1v1 Destro has which is 1 compared to the many classes Order has), I'd like to see solid proof.

Ask peter if there are any destro classes that can kill WL. Like Magus or Mara. Or GitGut.

Because if you make a statement it’s you that should provide a proof that this is indeed a case here. I’d suggest to GitGut.

t. White Lion

Ads
chokeanutsman

Post#12 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Skip the burden of proof and show videos that show that Destro can 1 up Order's 1v1 classes with Destro's 1v1 classes. Much easier that way so we can get this over with asap.

P.S No need to be passive aggressive, I haven't started with insults

Hargrim
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:16 pm

chokeanutsman wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:13 pm Skip the burden of proof and show videos that show that Destro can 1 up Order's 1v1 classes with Destro's 1v1 classes. Much easier that way so we can get this over with asap.

What insults?

wpc56
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:31 pm

chokeanutsman wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:13 pm Skip the burden of proof and show videos that show that Destro can 1 up Order's 1v1 classes with Destro's 1v1 classes. Much easier that way so we can get this over with asap.

Except you stated order is superior 1v1, thats a statement you made without any proof and here you are asking ppl to do the work to disapprove your statement. What are you, 13 years old?

Here's my try, I believe dest have stronger 1v1 classes than order. Take marauder for example, it's actually one of the stronger 1v1 class because if you build defensively, your aoe spec actually provide passive heal AND denies armor penetration. Even gear and build defensively, there's no way a WL can burst you down 1v1 if you can find your detaunt button

Back to OP

You will find many parallel to good 1v1 classes, self heal. Magus is much better than enginner because their defensive wound buff is a large buffer to go through 1v1 versus enginner's low level self heal. Magus dmg comes from dots, so you only need to build very defensively and survive until your enemy dies from your dot and you also have ground placement stun for reposition, punt... add a few heal pots here and there, there really is no class that'll outlast you.

Shaman/AM is the same, but you already know that.

WL's equivalent is SH, there are SH pouncing on order these days and it's just as effective

chokeanutsman

Post#15 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:12 pm

So. AM being able to cleanse Shaman DOTS but Shaman can't, and WL pet having a superior more reliable pet at least in SCs than SH, common sense isn't solid proof? And I was warranted an insult (What are you 13?) for that? :x

SH similar to WL LOL aren't SH pets basically non-existent? When a WL is stunned, the pet is still hitting me more reliably than any other pet assuming it isn't stunned cause of random immunes/avoidance in SCs, SH is stunned they're not attacking anymore because most SH builds don't even use pet, because the pet is garbage (THAT right there is solid proof, ask many SH mains). Tank Magus (my god you have got to be bad if you don't know how to deal with this) damage is VERY ignorable, Magus is so stationary that sure it might beat you if you "sandbag" but if you're smart you're not gonna feed RR and it won't really take RR either, the OP is looking for reliable 1v1 burst and can win 1v1s not something that STALEMATES BECAUSE STATIONARY AND CANT REALLY CHASE. You build glass cannon Havoc, you die to one silence therefore not really a good Destro 1v1 class. Only reliable 1v1 Destro really has (other than WE) is Shaman because of Gork Sez Stop, and even then Shaman dies to WL and AM.

Can't really say much about Mara, but here's the catch they don't have pounce and can't kill you in a couple of seconds. You will at least have time to react.

I'm sorry common sense isn't solid proof enough and it hurts, I'm really not here to insult anybody I'm trying to have an honest discussion and I'm asking WHAT CAN DESTRO DO similar to that in a 1v1. Yea sure Engi isn't very good in 1v1s, but tank Magus isn't very special either other than landing Daemonic Screech in RvR. AM and WL are DEFINITIVE WINNERS in 1v1s most of the time.

Because you know "WL's equivalent is SH, there are SH pouncing on order these days and it's just as effective" is too vague and very contradictory in itself. Even Zarbix will say SH doesn't burst LMAO.

orillah
Suspended

Post#16 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:16 pm

Just recently Volgograd made a video how to kill this filthy overpowered wls and ams, Youloose or some WE with similar nickname somewhere in videos section posted a vid too, as well as bunch of destro streamers often farm wls 24/7. Your proofs is right there you just need to open your eyes.

chokeanutsman

Post#17 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:45 pm

So WL is weak vs. BG (Volgograd) and WE (Youloose) (Tanks and stealth classes can duel on both sides, sure), sure. But Squig is weak vs. the same thing except it won't have a pet to back it up once it is stunned. Order is still objectively superior in 1v1s. WL almost kills Volgograd in one of his BG videos vs. WL. Imagine if it was SH vs. Ironbreaker, could SH have done the same thing to Volgo's IB? What is your point?

At least WL's destro mirror you have time to react to it, WL you won't have time and WL has a reliable pet, hence why Order is still superior in 1v1s. Order has superior match ups even then there are videos of "tanks" and "stealth" classes beating White Lions.

zulnam

Post#18 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:47 pm

Can we have one. god. damn. thread. without whinning that X side is superior or Y class is overpowered?

Like, one.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#19 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Click here to watch on YouTube

WL Kills
1:57
5:24

Not boasting, but wanted to show that WL is pretty easy food for a Defensive Melee Magus. You do have your hard counters (like IB or WH) but WL is among the easiest to kill.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#20 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:11 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Click here to watch on YouTube

WL Kills
1:57
5:24

Not boasting, but wanted to show that WL is pretty easy food for a Defensive Melee Magus. You do have your hard counters (like IB or WH) but WL is among the easiest to kill.

WEs doesn’t count, BGs doesn’t count and after this vid Magi won’t count also, because it was never about “proof” or “reality”, it was just an pointless whine :).