Recent Topics

Ads

[Beginner's Question] All-sufficient and self-reliant?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: [Beginner's Question] All-sufficient and self-reliant?

Post#31 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:34 am

chokeanutsman wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:52 am
I appreciate you proving me right that Order is superior in 1v1s though because Shaman can do nothing but "kite away" and give the point to an AM in an SC such as Thunder Valley because they "can't cleanse hexes" and that you can't prove that Shaman can beat AM unless Shaman had god tier RNG with the silence and Bunch o Waagh crits (even though AM could do the same to Shaman except AM can cleanse Shaman DOTS).

And really? Shaman stalemates/can beat WL? Must be hard to Silence > DPS > Knockdown > DPS.
When you are standing alone on a flag for ages, you waste time, so people usually move around - not solo - I mean you have 11 others players in your team. This solo AM defending flag against solo destro players makes no sense. The moment you have no true 1vs1, the odds might totally shift.

I am under the impression, that "Silence > DPS > Knockdown > DPS" doesn't really work due to immunity timers.

As solo player, like I mentioned before, you heavily rely on double hp pots, absorb pots and flee plus ap pots. The side with better quality pots has the advantage.

Shaman deals higher damage than AM, while AM has slightly easier enemy classes to fight 1vs1. As this game is not about 1vs1, people like you should stop looking at 1vs1 balance, because nobody cares about it. Make a group to balance weaknesses.
Dying is no option.

Ads
methority

Post#32 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:20 am

How is it possible for Shaman to deal higher damage than AM?

wpc56
Suspended

Post#33 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Silence > DPS > Knockdown > DPS.

Wow do you even play this game or are you just trolling? Do you know silence and knockdown share the SAME immunity right? Get out of T1 before posting, kthxbye.

Telen
Suspended

Post#34 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:03 pm

methority wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:20 am How is it possible for Shaman to deal higher damage than AM?
Its the common mistake of saying damage instead of dps. Am have higher damage. Shaman have higher dps. That said if you cant kill something with 3 dots + rotation an extra dot probably isnt going to push them over.

methority

Post#35 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:45 pm

Telen wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:03 pm Its the common mistake of saying damage instead of dps. Am have higher damage. Shaman have higher dps. That said if you cant kill something with 3 dots + rotation an extra dot probably isnt going to push them over.
Okay but in a meantime who has more killing potential? I'm torn between those two, can't count all pros and cons.

chokeanutsman

Post#36 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:53 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:34 am
chokeanutsman wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:52 am
I appreciate you proving me right that Order is superior in 1v1s though because Shaman can do nothing but "kite away" and give the point to an AM in an SC such as Thunder Valley because they "can't cleanse hexes" and that you can't prove that Shaman can beat AM unless Shaman had god tier RNG with the silence and Bunch o Waagh crits (even though AM could do the same to Shaman except AM can cleanse Shaman DOTS).

And really? Shaman stalemates/can beat WL? Must be hard to Silence > DPS > Knockdown > DPS.
When you are standing alone on a flag for ages, you waste time, so people usually move around - not solo - I mean you have 11 others players in your team. This solo AM defending flag against solo destro players makes no sense. The moment you have no true 1vs1, the odds might totally shift.

I am under the impression, that "Silence > DPS > Knockdown > DPS" doesn't really work due to immunity timers.

As solo player, like I mentioned before, you heavily rely on double hp pots, absorb pots and flee plus ap pots. The side with better quality pots has the advantage.

Shaman deals higher damage than AM, while AM has slightly easier enemy classes to fight 1vs1. As this game is not about 1vs1, people like you should stop looking at 1vs1 balance, because nobody cares about it. Make a group to balance weaknesses.
Sorry but 1v1s matter in an SC like Thunder Valley because you HAVE to defend at least 3 points (which people don't do, so sometimes you have to be flexible and watch out for points yourself), like if I have to watch a point on a Shaman and the match up is a DPS AM? I have to give up the point like you said by kiting away and not dying, or leave it up to RNG which favors DPS AM. As much as I'd wish to have a BG take that 1v1 and defend that point instead, nobody likes to rotate like that but ORDER can actually make flexible rotations just because Order is legit superior in 1v1s.

And if you're saying that I should bring 2 people as a DPS Shaman to kill an AM, my team mates will be outnumbered elsewhere. I don't like this "making up for what I'm lacking with team comps" on a badly designed map that requires people to spread out, it just favor Order's superior 1v1s.

DPS Shaman does more damage, but DPS AM trades hits better lmao, whats the point of more damage when people just stop walking for 2 seconds on Gork Sez Stop and DPS AM has a 3600 HP shield for M1 (Which is better in 1v1 because you can't heal debuff it and it's basically a double Divine Favor that gives you enough time to counterpressure with your better anti-heal and BETTER match ups).

Let's pretend that I am "wrong" about AM having a better M1, AM can still cleanse Shaman DOTS while Shaman can't cleanse AM DOTS. And it is as you said, AM still has easier match ups while being TANKIER and TRADING HITS BETTER THAN SHAMAN and being able to trade hits makes you good at 1v1s.

Toughness also isn't that great of a stat, so what if Shaman can debuff toughness when they die faster than AM due to garbage match ups?

The fact that you can cleanse a DPS Shaman's DOTS and DPS Shaman can't cleanse AM DOTS proves that Order is superior in 1v1s. BG = IB and WE = WH, sure. But WL (better burst, better automatic pet, easier life) > SH and DPS AM (Better match ups and can TRADE HITS better which is pretty much 1v1s) > DPS Shaman.

The only time where "your team mates can make up for what you are lacking" is through ACTUAL well designed scenarios such as Mourkain Temple or College of Corruption like maps, something that the development team is having trouble putting on "perma rotation" because they appparently have "no control" over the scenarios.
Last edited by chokeanutsman on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Telen
Suspended

Post#37 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:55 pm

methority wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:45 pm Okay but in a meantime who has more killing potential? I'm torn between those two, can't count all pros and cons.
If you're going in based on killing potential, hybrids will disappoint, and you're far better off on a damage class which have true dps. The advantages these classes have is off healing, rez and cleanse and the higher skill ceiling that brings. Shaman have a rough time having to deal with WL but then they have speed procs which make other mdps far less of a threat while AM cant cleanse a sorc rotation but with proper positioning to avoid mara pull you have a easier life with its absorb M1. There are many differences based on what you face and what cleanses your dots and what you can cleanse. You really have to play both to get a feel for those. Shaman dot damage tends to hand around more due to not getting gcleansed but its lower.

1v1 Am is just better due to killing while kiting. Shaman shine when left to freecast rotations and while better kiters do less damage when forced to. The opposite is true for their healing specs where AM wants to freecast. They are mirrors but opposite mirrors in their specs.

Personally I prefer AM not due to the class being better, I actually think the higher shaman burst makes it stronger, but on what youre facing. Des classes tend to deal with kiters less effectively due to being more close ranged with their cc and less mobile.
Last edited by Telen on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

chokeanutsman

Post#38 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:59 pm

wpc56 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:49 pm Silence > DPS > Knockdown > DPS.

Wow do you even play this game or are you just trolling? Do you know silence and knockdown share the SAME immunity right? Get out of T1 before posting, kthxbye.
Okay, so change the knockdown into a pull, it should somewhat be chainable but I doubt WL will need 2 CCs to kill a DPS Shaman anyways (and if the Shaman is "tanky" then that's not really DPS Shaman, that's kind of a healer shaman aka stalemate Shaman with no real kill potential but you won't kill it either so apparently that's "good 1v1 build"). Sorry you fail to beat DPS Shamans on a WL.

P.S I also apologize for stating facts where I say WL has a better pet than SH and that AM can cleanse Shaman Dots but Shaman can't cleanse back. I'm sorry for hurting you and Hargrim's fragile feelings and just wanting an "honest discussion" by stating obvious things that make Order superior in 1v1s.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#39 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:20 pm

chokeanutsman wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:53 pm

DPS Shaman does more damage, but DPS AM trades hits better lmao, whats the point of more damage when people just stop walking for 2 seconds on Gork Sez Stop ...

The only time where "your team mates can make up for what you are lacking" is through ACTUAL well designed scenarios such as Mourkain Temple or College of Corruption like maps, something that the development team is having trouble putting on "perma rotation" because they appparently have "no control" over the scenarios.
From where did you pull Gork Sez Stop? This is not the reason, why Shaman is better at dealing damage.

Both sc maps you mention here are actually some of the worst ones, especially for rdps.

I have the impression, that you have not a single clue, what you are talking.
Dying is no option.

Telen
Suspended

Post#40 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:29 pm

chokeanutsman wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:59 pm Okay, so change the knockdown into a pull, it should somewhat be chainable but I doubt WL will need 2 CCs to kill a DPS Shaman anyways (and if the Shaman is "tanky" then that's not really DPS Shaman, that's kind of a healer shaman aka stalemate Shaman with no real kill potential but you won't kill it either so apparently that's "good 1v1 build"). Sorry you fail to beat DPS Shamans on a WL.

P.S I also apologize for stating facts where I say WL has a better pet than SH and that AM can cleanse Shaman Dots but Shaman can't cleanse back. I'm sorry for hurting you and Hargrim's fragile feelings and just wanting an "honest discussion" by stating obvious things that make Order superior in 1v1s.
You want AM cleansing your dots. That means the WP gcleanse spam isnt getting them.

Shaman has one of the best assist dps debuffs in the game with its tough debuff. Thats what puts its burst higher and assists better. You can also double EWG to get your best burst.