Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Discussion

Let's talk about... everything else
DokB

Re: Scenario Discussion

Post#21 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:59 am

Does the system read your tactics or just what weapon you’re using when determining the class composition during queues?

I might just equip SnB if I’m only waiting for pops then swap to 2H once I’m in the SC.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Stophy22

Post#22 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:16 am

DokB wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:59 am Does the system read your tactics or just what weapon you’re using when determining the class composition during queues?

I might just equip SnB if I’m only waiting for pops then swap to 2H once I’m in the SC.
This I also want to know. Because theoretically I could just equip SnB and once pop happens swap to my 2hander win weapon.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

TenTonHammer

Post#23 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:50 am

DokB wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:59 am Does the system read your tactics or just what weapon you’re using when determining the class composition during queues?

Stophy22 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:16 am
This I also want to know. Because theoretically I could just equip SnB and once pop happens swap to my 2hander win weapon.
IIRC what a dev said: the system reads you weapon, gear type , tallies and mastery spec

DokB

Post#24 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:54 am

Well in that case it would just be better if 2h tanks were swapped to tanks roles in the system scenario check, like everyone else has suggested. It should improve pop times at the very least.

They never should have been counted as DPS in the first place, this has to be the worst RoR meme of 2019. :roll:
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Manatikik

Post#25 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:38 am

DokB wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:54 am Well in that case it would just be better if 2h tanks were swapped to tanks roles in the system scenario check, like everyone else has suggested. It should improve pop times at the very least.

They never should have been counted as DPS in the first place, this has to be the worst RoR meme of 2019. :roll:
I’ve been told the only thing the SC checks is for dps healers; everything else is by its actual role.
<Montague><Capulet>

BarniGrollheimer

Post#26 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:05 am

chokeanutsman wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:22 pm Imo.. just make 1-31 easy to get to. The real grind is 40-80 anyways
exactly, I feel like this would be a solution to a lot of Problem like the Healer/Tank/DD unbalance.
Barnii Grollheimer - Slayer 40/80
Frostthrone - Bright Wizard 40/75

RedKnox

Post#27 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:39 am

Telen wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:17 pm
RedKnox wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:41 pm
Telen wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 pm What if 2 <lvl31 counted as a single lvl40 for sc balancing
I am unsure how that would help? Do you want to elaborate? :)
If the other side has 2 lower tier guys in it you only get 11 players unless you've got 2 lower levels as well.
Thanks for the clarification.

I am unsure if that would solve the presented population problem, I think this would simply shuffle the population a bit. But it is an interesting line of thought that could be experimented with.
Asusia, Warrior-Priest
Heralda, Knight

Vatroskja, Magus
Pazghul, Blackguard

labotimy

Post#28 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:16 am

Ever since I saw this thread I've been swapping to SnB for the queue, and anecdotally it seems way faster.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#29 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:35 pm

If only there was some, I don't know, objectives to eliminate some of the brute force factor that gear, renown and mastery points gives as the absolute determing factor for outcome of a scenario.

geezereur

Post#30 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:53 pm

t4 scs is not popping at all for me as a dps.
I wish they could go back to the old sc system atleast scs was popping then.