Recent Topics

Ads

Best 3-4 man PVP group composition

Let's talk about... everything else
Trikki

Best 3-4 man PVP group composition

Post#1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:42 am

Hey all, few mates and I are starting up, we'll have 3 cores and 1 that'll be casual. Could we please get some suggestions on best 3 man comp with a good synergy with the 4th when he's on? Looking at Destro at this stage.

We're leveling from scratch and looking to open world PVP, PVE is a distant second.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Best 3-4 man PVP group composition

Post#2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:59 am

Zealot + Chosen + Sorc (+ Squig Herder OR Dps Shaman)
Dying is no option.

Trikki

Post#3 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:32 am

Thank you Sulorie

herooftime

Post#4 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:46 am

You will want one of each of the core roles: Tank, DPS, and Heals. For your fourth I would suggest a second dps class, but it really doesn’t matter too much.

For dps I would suggest Choppa, They are the highest damage class on destruction side, but require support to perform well. Your second dps would be a Mara for the plethora of amazing debuffs to help your Choppa kill targets faster as well as a pull ability to single out targets.

For a tank I think any of them will suit your needs just fine, Black Orcs do high damage at the price of being a bit squishy, but they do apply a nifty armor debuff or targets. Black Guard has great utility, plenty of buffs, debuff, and +10% crit to party members near by. Chosen are meh, they underperform compared to the other options, but they do look cool and have the guard ability.

Zealot would be the ideal healer for the group. Their single target heals are hard for other healer classes to compete with. Disciple of Khaine would be the runner up, with strong group heal abilities and the option to deal decent damage with the right gear and mastery.
Hero - RR81 Chosen
Herooftime - RR56 Marauder

Ashoris

Post#5 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:19 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:59 am Zealot + Chosen + Sorc (+ Squig Herder OR Dps Shaman)
I would suggest you took the classes but change the slots.

You can play perfectly in a 3 man grp without the tank and use 2 ranged dps (either shaman or Squig + sorc)

benefit is that your fourth man is playing the class that is not sodependent on equipment (Chosen). The other way around your second dps will always feel like a burden, as a tank his Equipment is WAY less important.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Eathisword

Post#6 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:28 am

There is no right answer. Depends on which playstyle you want: melee or range (train wreck or kite group basically).

For tank, it must be BG or chosen as BO have no punt to remove enemy guard.

Then for range comp : you take zealot for heals bc good single target heal on the move and good CC. You take SH or sorc for main damage (sorc is easier with less gear). SH catch up in really good gear.

For a melee 3 man, take dok for heals. I would take mara with a chosen or WE with a BG. As mara and BG have about the same debuffs and do not complement eachother well.

Your 4th player should be off-tank or hybrid dps healer like shaman.

Alternatively for melee setup, you can go BG + melee dok with a zealot as heal. You get less burst but better sustain and survivability.

Tbh though, if you are remotely good at PvP, any 3 man will do the way the game is now.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

DanielWinner

Post#7 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:14 pm

What Sulorie said is the right answer. The best 3-4 man setup for RvR. Mara can replace SH if you’d like to risk and get some pulls. Or get dps Shaman instead of SH since it has good damage and heal debuff too. Chosen and Sorc are mandatory though.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

toffikx

Post#8 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:29 pm

If you want to go 4-man with 2 dps, i'd sugggest atleast one of them being ranged. 1 tank and 1 healer for 2 mdps is usually not good enough.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#9 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Mdps dok, 2h Chosen, Zele, (SH)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

K13R

Post#10 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Racial seem to synergize the best as the game orginal design was racial pairing until the other 4 capital cities were scrapped and it became a hodge podge free for all.

If it was me 4 HE, 4 drawfs or 4 Geens or 4 Chaos. I really enjoy the synergy among the races