Recent Topics

Ads

AH Talisman Price

Let's talk about... everything else
BeautfulToad

Re: AH Talisman Price

Post#31 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:48 am

The only explanation I can think of is that someone might be crafting something like potions, and making a lot of gold from them. But if you know the crafting system that well, why would you spend over 500 gold on a single talisman? You would be much faster just making the talisman yourself.

*Maybe* some of the Gunbad/Bastion Stair runs could raise a fair bit in auction house, but I'd be surprised if you could raise close to 500-1k gold.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#32 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:10 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:48 am The only explanation I can think of is that someone might be crafting something like potions, and making a lot of gold from them. But if you know the crafting system that well, why would you spend over 500 gold on a single talisman? You would be much faster just making the talisman yourself.

*Maybe* some of the Gunbad/Bastion Stair runs could raise a fair bit in auction house, but I'd be surprised if you could raise close to 500-1k gold.
Because if you only craft stat potions that’s all passive income that you accrue while play where as making talismans you have to actively go farm them. If you are only supporting yourself on one or two toons then Cultivating/Apoth is more than enough to comfortably bank roll your toons with quite a bit of excess gold.
<Montague><Capulet>

Glorian

Post#33 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 am

Buying the AH empty on some talis and then selling all for more is nothing new and happened several times on live.

It is more effective if there was an update as new players come in and reduce the overall available talis first, then it is easier to buy the market empty.

Chinesehero

Post#34 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:24 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:48 am The only explanation I can think of is that someone might be crafting something like potions, and making a lot of gold from them. But if you know the crafting system that well, why would you spend over 500 gold on a single talisman? You would be much faster just making the talisman yourself.

now even 1000G there will be ppl buy the talisman so that's why I think someone cheating

Chinesehero

Post#35 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:25 am

Glorian wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 am Buying the AH empty on some talis and then selling all for more is nothing new and happened several times on live.

It is more effective if there was an update as new players come in and reduce the overall available talis first, then it is easier to buy the market empty.
for me i wont do that even i have many gold. just enough use ok
I only think is cheating ppl do that. they must find some gold bug

Bowldancer

Post#36 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:29 am

I underestimated how much money is circulating and that it is probably just inflation.
Wish we had some proper gold sinks already.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Chinesehero

Post#37 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:37 am

Bowldancer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:29 am I underestimated how much money is circulating and that it is probably just inflation.
Wish we had some proper gold sinks already.
no reason do that
if u have 10k gold. almost enough for u buy talisman if u have a crafting skill. just do rvr and sc enough
even i have that gold to circulating I think no point did that unless someone use gold bug cheating
100k or1M gold have difference???

shaggyboomboom

Post#38 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:04 am

yes, 100k has 5 zeros and 1m has 6 zeros

Ads
Chinesehero

Post#39 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:20 am

shaggyboomboom wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:04 am yes, 100k has 5 zeros and 1m has 6 zeros
10k already enough use in ROR. almost can have what u want
the motivation is cheating to buy a 24 str with 1000G. If u have limited gold u wont do that

BeautfulToad

Post#40 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:50 am

Glorian wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 am Buying the AH empty on some talis and then selling all for more is nothing new and happened several times on live.

Your margins doing that on talismans are just not nearly good enough. You could maybe do it with purple armor talismans, but if you are buying at 500-1000 gold, you would have to buy and sell a lot of talismans to just make that back. A +23 talisman on the AH for over 500 gold is the equivelant of not putting it on at all.

Maybe the person missclicked or something on it, but it seems a bit strange to me.
Manatikik wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:10 am Because if you only craft stat potions that’s all passive income that you accrue while play where as making talismans you have to actively go farm them. If you are only supporting yourself on one or two toons then Cultivating/Apoth is more than enough to comfortably bank roll your toons with quite a bit of excess gold.
Still a bit of a strange grind if you are going to do all that and then spend 500 gold on a single talisman.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.