Recent Topics

Ads

Portal Griefing

Let's talk about... everything else
Deathrain

Portal Griefing

Post#1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:07 am

ROR Staff,

So it's ok that someone spends 3 or 4 hours working towards getting to a fort zone and then someone can take 5 minutes to run over to portal and tag them on the way in and ruin any chance of that person getting in fort? The system is designed for everyone to run straight to portal and click in so they don't lose their spot. So the issue is not faction unity and working together to ensure your team gets in. In fact you are penalized for trying to help your team since you enter combat and can't click portal as I saw a few tanks and healers doing tonight. This system is broken and needs to be fixed as fast as you guys fixed people popping in a fort and getting contri and then moving to the next fort.

I am not crying about griefing as this is a pvp game and portal pvp would be fine if the people that needed to get in fort for gear could still do so. But defenders that need gear never have to worry about being blocked from portal and attackers should be given the same option. Otherwise you get fully geared or low level people blocking portals from people that have actually made the effort to push a zone instead of do nothing and waiting for a defense... It's broken. Please fix!
Deathrain Dragonblood
80 Chosen
Guild Leader of Terminus Bound

Ads
DokB

Re: Portal Griefing

Post#2 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:19 am

Just do what everyone else does and crash your client on top of the portal and then go back in. :^)
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

hphn

Post#3 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:25 am

I don't see any rules bypass for camping the portal to catch soloers and preventing them to enter
Last edited by hphn on Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deathrain

Post#4 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:27 am

That is not the right option here. You don't spend 3 or 4 hours working with people just to get to fort and than say "Every man for himself!" Either move the portal to a safe location so people with reservations (that they WORKED for) can just click in, or leave the portal in a hostile area but allow people to click in while in combat so once a team is inside the tanks and healers can click in behind them.

Again I am not complaining about griefing. It's pvp and trying to block a portal makes sense. I wish it worked both ways and attackers could block defensive portal also. But if not, at least allow people to click in while in combat so teams can work together to get in portals without the mentality of "If I do anything to help my team I will be stuck outside with them." That mentality is horrible.
Deathrain Dragonblood
80 Chosen

hphn

Post#5 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:33 am

Collect enough ppl and get in. You're a destro player, zerging is not a problem for you nowadays.

Deathrain

Post#6 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:36 am

This is not and Order vs. Destro issue. I'm sorry you can only see it that way. Collect enough people to get in Defensive portal. Oh wait, that isn't a thing...

The ROR team has already said they are not trying to reward a faction for not pushing zones and letting the fight come to them. This is just another example of how sitting back and not working to push zones gives a faction an advantage when it comes to forts.
Deathrain Dragonblood
80 Chosen

Rydiak

Post#7 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:46 am

Defense portals are in the capital cities. Only the attackers have to push through to the portal in the previously active zone. Move with the zerg as it transitions into the fort zone, and crush the people guarding the portal.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

hphn

Post#8 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:47 am

Why do you change the flow of conversation ?
Defenders defending the portal not to allow attackers to get in, sounds logical.
Defenders have 2:3 disadvantage in forts, sounds fair.
Why do you cry ?

Ads
Deathrain

Post#9 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:56 am

I'm not arguing no pvp on portals. I am asking that people can click in while in combat so teams can work together to get in. The fact that people can't click in while in combat causes the mentality of not wanting to help your team for fear of not getting in to something you already worked for to earn.

There will be no crying if people are actually killed trying to get in portal. But simply hitting them with a ranged attack they can't even see coming shouldn't block their entry. I am all for a fight on portals where attackers can fight back and still click in when done. Let attackers get their spot reserved when they click in and than they can click back out to help the fight. But it's not a fair fight when your attacking people that most aren't even fighting back because they are scared to lose a spot.
Deathrain Dragonblood
80 Chosen

Deathrain

Post#10 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:58 am

Rydiak wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:46 am Defense portals are in the capital cities. Only the attackers have to push through to the portal in the previously active zone. Move with the zerg as it transitions into the fort zone, and crush the people guarding the portal.
I see your point here and ideally would like to see something like this be the end result. The problem as it is now is that the people hitting portals are not hitting the "zerg" but hitting the last few people to click in or anyone willing to try and fight them. Some of these zones are large enough that it is hard enough just to get to portal in 5 minutes, especially if trying to help your faction and take BO's after Lord is dead. So to get to portal as a Warband and then fight to secure it just means more chance of losing reservation and random people running to click in while you defend the portal.

My issue is with the way this whole situation is handled. And it's not just because I play Destro and didn't get in portal tonight. Destro actually won both forts, even with the portal griefing going on. The problem is that myself and a few others that had been in Warband for a few hours didn't even get in because we tried to help our team get in. Destro has been winning a lot of forts lately and pretty soon this might be a situation Order is dealing with. So this is not an Order vs. Destro argument but a argument that the system is not set up correctly.

IMO one of these things needs to be done:

* Allow people to click in to portal while in combat to work together as a team to get in.
* Extend the reservation through 1st stage to allow attackers the ability to defend the portal on the way in.
* Allow people with reservations to click in to lock down their spot and then click out to help the fight at portal.
* Move the attackers portal to a safe area.
* Move the defenders portal to a hostile area to at least allow both factions to strategically guard portals.
Deathrain Dragonblood
80 Chosen